Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I hear 2k18 is not tight as 2k16 draw and its a Restricted DL. But I read somewhere if you have a 2k16 SXK you can replace the center pin and airhole block with 2k18. Is anybody here try this methode? It will be great if 2k18 have a tight MTL like SXK 2k16. Pls share here if you already try that. Is the 510 pin and block are complatible?
On my 2K18, the air control can be closed pretty tight. It works great for me. It's practically 100% closed. I can't vape it all the way closed.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
On my 2K18, the air control can be closed pretty tight. It works great for me. It's practically 100% closed. I can't vape it all the way closed.
That great. But from my exp when you just tighten the airflow but not the hole on the deck here what happened: the air came with a little pressure (since the hole are small) and when it travel and reach the deck the pressure is not so great so it will heat the coil weak. Its already known that with the 1 ohm ++ the heat is ramp rather slow and when it blow with a weak air pressure it wont enough to make a proper MTL style. Its a diffrent situation with realy tight hole on deck (like berserker, 0.8mm airslot dvarw etc) even if you using smallest airflow on afc then when the air reach a airflow on deck it will boost the pressure and make even a small airhole pin but its a good pressure enough to blow the center coil and colling the coil for proper MTL. Thats why there is varian air option on the slot for true MTL style. Thats only my opinon.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Screenshot_2018-12-15-07-06-06.png

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
I hear 2k18 is not tight as 2k16 draw and its a Restricted DL. But I read somewhere if you have a 2k16 SXK you can replace the center pin and airhole block with 2k18. Is anybody here try this methode? It will be great if 2k18 have a tight MTL like SXK 2k16. Pls share here if you already try that. Is the 510 pin and block are complatible?

I just did the pin+airhole block switcheroo between V1 (2k16) and V2 (2k18) and they are identical apart from the hole size.

Another unmodified 2k18 is already in service but I'm not able to make any exact flavour comparisons with the SXK 2k16 since I'm using different wire and juice. The AFC ring moves smoothly in both V2s with just the right amount of resistance. All the magic happens within the last 1-2 mm when AFC is nearly closed. More open than that and it's restricted DL territory.

Size wise the V2 is practically identical to Dwarv V2 3.5ml kit (both are flat tops too).

Compared to the Doggystyle V1 it looks only marginally (1mm?) taller, but the V1 looks more slender with its top ring.

The V2's drip tip well seems identical to V1's in terms of fit and depth, but being a flat top I feel slightly taller drip tips work better with it.

The removable top cap isn't threaded but held in place by a healthy o-ring. Still my first instinct has been to try twisting it... :blush:

Usually trying out a new tank involves some level of surprise, but apart from the top fill design the 2k18 is practically identical to Doggystyle V1 except it's probably closer to the SMJY version than the tighter SXK. Swap in the pin+airhole block from the older SXK and I'd expect them to be the same.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
I just did the pin+airhole block switcheroo between V1 (2k16) and V2 (2k18) and they are identical apart from the hole size.

Another unmodified 2k18 is already in service but I'm not able to make any exact flavour comparisons with the SXK 2k16 since I'm using different wire and juice. The AFC ring moves smoothly in both V2s with just the right amount of resistance. All the magic happens within the last 1-2 mm when AFC is nearly closed. More open than that and it's restricted DL territory.

Size wise the V2 is practically identical to Dwarv V2 3.5ml kit (both are flat tops too).

Compared to the Doggystyle V1 it looks only marginally (1mm?) taller, but the V1 looks more slender with its top ring.

The V2's drip tip well seems identical to V1's in terms of fit and depth, but being a flat top I feel slightly taller drip tips work better with it.

The removable top cap isn't threaded but held in place by a healthy o-ring. Still my first instinct has been to try twisting it... :blush:

Usually trying out a new tank involves some level of surprise, but apart from the top fill design the 2k18 is practically identical to Doggystyle V1 except it's probably closer to the SMJY version than the tighter SXK. Swap in the pin+airhole block from the older SXK and I'd expect them to be the same.
Wow there is nothing some lock mechanism on top cap? Just plug in? That will be ridiculous in my bag...

Dudeus Nordicus

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Some ways away from koala forests
Wow there is nothing some lock mechanism on top cap? Just plug in? That will be ridiculous in my bag...

That's a valid concern I didn't even realize since the top cap is so solid on mine that I'd be more concerned that some people might struggle getting it off. Pushing the gnurling upwards with thumb works for me.

If the o-ring breaks, or even if one presses the top cap down carelessly, it could come off uninvited.

That said, the top cap sits very sturdily on the ones I've got and I wouldn't hesitate keeping them in the bag. Like with the 2k16s, I've seen no signs of seepage of any kind.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    BB1DF776-3674-4273-BF85-D768056BEE4B.jpeg

Got mine today from 3fvape, like can already get colored tanks for it, not that you can tell the blue tank is blue when filled with juice.

94EB7D2F-EB16-48CA-B2CF-2B2AF3127545.jpeg

Not a fan of the juice control, relying on the drip tip being tight enough for it to turn, and is a bit tricky to see when it is open or closed, only just got it up and running, so too early to say if it’s a winner or not.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    View attachment 786909

Got mine today from 3fvape, like can already get colored tanks for it, not that you can tell the blue tank is blue when filled with juice.

View attachment 786917

Not a fan of the juice control, relying on the drip tip being tight enough for it to turn, and is a bit tricky to see when it is open or closed, only just got it up and running, so too early to say if it’s a winner or not.

Looks amazing on your colossal - and I agree about the juice control. Here's my thoughts from the original doggy thread

Here's my 2k18 report:

A tad quieter? than the 2018. Airflow is awesome - same as sjmy version. Flavour is awesome - same as 2k16 ;)

No leaking. Jfc works by using the drip tip to twist the chamber. Seems to work well. I top filled and had no gurgling whatsoever.

Found wicking easier, you have no choice but to poke the tails into the wicking channel - there's nowhere else they can go. This was awesome for someone who is ocd about tail positioning :rolleyes:
    2k18wickchannel.jpg
    Here's the deck wicked and ready to go:
    soggy2k18.jpg

Some comparison pics - 2k18 on left, 2k16 on right:
    deckcomparison.jpg
    wickcomparison.jpg
    height.jpg

I do prefer the look of the original doggy - just love the clean lines of the tank and how simple and classic it looks. There's also a slight height difference.

Time will tell on which version gets the most use ;)
    2k18.jpg

2k18 doggy on a vaporesso tarot baby

Last edited:

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2014
    Hull, UK
    Got my 2k18 Doggy the other day, through in standard build

2.5mm Nicrohome 80 28/29 gauge. 1.4 ohms, muji cotton wick with my plum menthol juice running at 15.5w and this thing is amazing.

Flavor spot on, juice control works well no leaking, very happy.

Only think I would love is if they make a slightly bigger one to get 5/6 ml juice then i would be at peace in my vaping world and would never need to use anything else.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Any Clear replacement tanks for these? The frosted ones look a little clearer with liquid in them but it's not enough.

Had a hunt through fasttech yesterday, no clear ones yet. Found some different versions thoughthough. Not sure who the manufacturer is:

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Gold (Acrylic tank)

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Silver (Acrylic tank)

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Black (Acrylic tank)

Rewicked this morning. No leaking through the airflow hole and no gurgling :thumb:

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    How much space is everyone keeping between the air hole and coil? I'm
    Had a hunt through fasttech yesterday, no clear ones yet. Found some different versions thoughthough. Not sure who the manufacturer is:

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Gold (Acrylic tank)

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Silver (Acrylic tank)

Doggystyle 2K18 V2 Styled RTA - Black (Acrylic tank)

Rewicked this morning. No leaking through the airflow hole and no gurgling :thumb:
    Nice looking in gold and black

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Looks amazing on your colossal - and I agree about the juice control. Here's my thoughts from the original doggy thread

Here's my 2k18 report:

A tad quieter? than the 2018. Airflow is awesome - same as sjmy version. Flavour is awesome - same as 2k16 ;)

No leaking. Jfc works by using the drip tip to twist the chamber. Seems to work well. I top filled and had no gurgling whatsoever.

Found wicking easier, you have no choice but to poke the tails into the wicking channel - there's nowhere else they can go. This was awesome for someone who is ocd about tail positioning :rolleyes:
    View attachment 787081
    View attachment 787083

View attachment 787085
    View attachment 787087
    View attachment 787089

I do prefer the look of the original doggy - just love the clean lines of the tank and how simple and classic it looks. There's also a slight height difference.

View attachment 787091

Thanks for all the info on this puppy @AngeNZ, specially the comparison pics :toast:

rifky

ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia

Here's my 2k18 report:

View attachment 787081
    View attachment 787083

View attachment 787085
    View attachment 787087
    View attachment 787089

View attachment 787091
    Can you post the drip tip link?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

ricks

Vaping Master