SXK Nebula (Hana Modz V4S Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolo Bernal

Jun 13, 2015
Whats up people, not sure if im posting this in the right section but was thinking of buying the SXK Nebula 60w mod which is essentially a hana modz v4s clone (b4s to be specific) Its made of brass and weighs in at around 250g making it extremely heavy considering it doesn't even have a battery in it yet. I also hear their chips are having issues? Not sure if i am ready to spend 60 bucks on something thats not even going to work, and the fact that its so heavy might just be the deal breaker for me. If only they made it of billet aluminum and added multiple colors like the real hana modz .. Anyway check out the pictures from fasttech and give me some input..

$63.66 SXK Nebula Styled VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod (1-60W, Brass, Gold) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile

Edit: Ok not sure if its just me but the link isn't working. Just look up: SXK Nebula

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
What chip is in it and what issue you talking about?

Its an in house chip made by SXK. I guess there's a problem with it reading resistance correctly. For more info, check the thread about this specific mod, and also the clone Vaporflask thread as this chip is in their flask. There are a couple other threads as well in the TC area.

Reactions: mightymen

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I wish they just sold the box. $64 is a bit steep to gut it and rebuild.

The age verification on fasttech is great

Age confirmation: By adding this item to your shopping cart, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority in your country of residence.

What is the overall majority of ages in the states. It could eliminate a lot of buyers

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
I own the sxk 60W vapor flask with tc that has the same chip.
There is a problem with the chip it reads resistance too low. From 0.04 too low for low resistance ni200 builds at aroung 0.1ohms (0.1 will read as 0.06) to an even greater amount for higher ohm builds (a 0.39ohm kanthal build on mine reads as 0.30ohms).

sxk are aware of the problem with the chip and are working to fix the problem but as of right now as far as we know all sxk mods using this chip have this problem.

Other than the resistance issue though this chip works really well and i'm still very happy with my vapor flask. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon and there will be no problem with the new batches of these chips.

spencerreid

Multiple ID Suspension
May 18, 2015
www.3fvape.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Nolo Bernal

Jun 13, 2015
I own the sxk 60W vapor flask with tc that has the same chip.
There is a problem with the chip it reads resistance too low. From 0.04 too low for low resistance ni200 builds at aroung 0.1ohms (0.1 will read as 0.06) to an even greater amount for higher ohm builds (a 0.39ohm kanthal build on mine reads as 0.30ohms).

sxk are aware of the problem with the chip and are working to fix the problem but as of right now as far as we know all sxk mods using this chip have this problem.

Other than the resistance issue though this chip works really well and i'm still very happy with my vapor flask. Hopefully the issue will be fixed soon and there will be no problem with the new batches of these chips.

Yeah i heard they had the same chip in their flask but wasn't sure. So how does it perform? Is temperature control mode actually authentic temperature control mode? Is it comparable to the performance of other tc devices? I wouldn't be able to tell, since I've never tried tc. They just recently came out with an aluminum and black version of the Nebula so I'll definitely have to look into it. I'll probably review it as well to inform others of it, since not too many people have even seen it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matty316

Matty316

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2014
Hull, England
So far I can't complain. My flask has been performing really well for me. The temp control seems to work well for me and it has good feature that a lot of other tc mods don't have the nickel purity setting used to change the resistance coefficient so nickel wire of different purity can still be used accurately. It's also useful if you want to use different types of wire such as titanium or stainless steel.

A tip I would give if you are making a ni200 build on it is to raise the nickel purity setting from the default of 70 to 80 to compensate for the lower resistance reading problem.

some good info about the chip and resistance problem can be found in this thread from around page 199 onwards I think. Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread | Page 199 | E-Cigarette Forum

some more info on how different types of wires can work with temp control can be found here. TC beyond Ni200: Nickel Purity, Dicodes; Ti, SS, Resistherm NiFe30; Coefficient of Resistance | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread