SXK no toy clone anyone try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Thank you for posting this. I also have this issue and I am going to preform this fix over the weekend.
I used an ego adapter which I had from way back, put it in the drill chuck and screwed the rda base into the adapter (Note: not good idea to put rda directly into drill chuck as you can damage the 510 threads).
I used 180 grit sandpaper and wrapped it around the base of the rda and held it tightly and just let the drill do all the work, Note: I did not sand the ledge on the base of the rda where the top cap sits just sanded the edge of the rda, after test fitting a few times when it felt right I finished it off with 320 grit sandpaper and slightly angled the rda and held the paper so it was just touching the edge of the rda deck and slightly rounded the edge of the top of the rda deck so it doesn't cut into the oring when putting the top cap on, the top cap is much easier to take on and off and the oring is no longer getting chewed.

Reactions: Rathamar

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Tried a different wicking method than the norm, allows the well to fill up much quicker so a quick short squonk does the job.
26 gauge 316L x 8 wraps on 2.5mm coil jig comes out at bf6.jpg bf7.jpg 0.5 ohms.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I'm tempted to get the Nolegal or the dual coil version of the notoy.
    SJMY makes a clone that comes with two caps.One looks just like the NoToy the other blocks the bottom flow holes and uses flow from sides.
    Great idea on sanding the deck.I was thinking of it but never got around to it and wasn't sure if it'd make things worse.
    The coil legs can chew up orings also if they're not tucked in.
    Notoy does go through orings.Glad I got two packages of spares versus one.
    I've read one big single in the middle of no pity or Nolegal does very good.

glasseye

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    NJ
    Unfortunately sold out there also.
    Thanks for checking!
    Oh bummer. If it makes you feel any better, it's not my favorite bf atty. IMO the air is way too low, so (for me) the taste wasn't quite where it should be and there was a bit of leaking from squonking too much. The size is nice though.
    I saw this at FT and having been thinking about it. Same-ish size, not as sharp looking.
    $16.91 YFTK Speed Revolution Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 18mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Oh bummer. If it makes you feel any better, it's not my favorite bf atty. IMO the air is way too low, so (for me) the taste wasn't quite where it should be and there was a bit of leaking from squonking too much. The size is nice though.
    I saw this at FT and having been thinking about it. Same-ish size, not as sharp looking.
    $16.91 YFTK Speed Revolution Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 18mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    I do have one, was going to pick up a spare.
    Have it set up on a higher nic, unflavored squonker.
    It is a little weepy tho.

Reactions: glasseye
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread