The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Syringe filling: Ouch, proceed with caution!!!

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by ALC, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ALC

ALC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I had kept meaning to file down the needle of my syringe and just didn't get to it in time. Yeah, you know what came next. I always wipe it down with a paper towel before I put the top back on. I guess it slipped and I could not see my pinky finger and stuck it through the bottom side of my pinky finger and it came out the side. At first I thougt I just pricked myself until the gush came and I could see both holes. 8-o I think I hit a vein or something because of the bruising. Trust when I say a 20 gauge needle is a lot bigger than I thought. Normally I am so careful, but today I was in a hurry.

Moral of the story: I feel like such a dumba** and please file down your syringes a little or buy the ones from the vet or farm supply stores (they are plastic).

2. geeker

geeker Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2009
    Neither here nor there
    OOOOW! That's why I use blunts.

3. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    Just slow down. I have never in 5 months even come close to pricking myself!

4. toad

toad Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado
    Ouch!!

Fortunately I have an irrational fear of needles and syringes, so will not be attempting this filling method personally. I'm a lot of fun at the docs office 8-o

5. ImYourSalt

ImYourSalt Moved On ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    is their flesh inside the needle?

6. MrSmokinToad

MrSmokinToad Full Member

Mar 9, 2010
    California
    It's better to decide whether a capture bead ring or a dumbbell style piercing is right for you, Prior to piercing yourself....
    25 gauge is a standard earring size. Body piercings generally begin at 16 gauge. Much larger and it's like taking a core sample out.
    Sharp needles are no joke at any size. Hope it heals well. It will be a painful reminder for sure.

7. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Ouch!!! OWWWW!

8. impcat

impcat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    North Carolina
    I did the same thing with a syringe filled with vanilla juice, except there was no exit wound.

The tip of my ring finger swelled up and turned an ugly shade of deep purple. It throbbed and felt like a constant surge of electricty was coursing through it for several hours. The pain subsided and was pretty much gone by the next morning, although the lovely shade of purple and the swelling lasted another two days.

I learned my lesson. I do still use a syringe, but now all my cartos are set up in a container for filling--I do not hold them in my hand to fill them individually like I did before.

I'm sorry this happened to you, ALC. It is not a pleasant experience.

9. Mark37643

Mark37643 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2010
    Tennessee
    GROSS! I'm an RN and that is still gross LOL :p

10. dracis

dracis Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Why not just inject the juice directly into yourself while you were at it? :| ;)

11. -rotordemon-

-rotordemon- Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Yeah.. Just skip vaping all together and just shoot it. (KIDDING!!)

Sorry you jousted yourself. That's gotta hurt with that size of needle.

ETA: Just noticed! \/ 4 days since I put down the analogs! Wow!

12. dracis

Mar 7, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I don't condone the injecting of nicotine into yourself! It was a joke! :)

Grats on being stinky-stick free! ;)

13. -rotordemon-

-rotordemon- Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Thanks. And I hope that my post would be taken as a snide joke. :) I meant nothing of it.

14. flying low

flying low Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2009
    San Mateo, CA
    ouch! owwweee! i'm SUPER careful with syringe filling coz i'm scared of the needles too .. much prefer the condom fill method. hope you heal quickly!

15. Stephra

Stephra Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Because Steve still needs to sell batteries and cartos too... ;)

16. KuiHiggins

KuiHiggins Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    Honolulu, HI
    :shock: No wonder my guava filled carto tastes like bacon!

17. dracis

Mar 7, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Maybe make them in suppository form? I dunno. Just throwing it out there.

Now that's just straight out nasty. :lol:

18. ALC

ALC Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Ohio

:lol: The bad thing about that is I think there was little in there because I had to lie down for a few minutes and normally needle pain (not saying I enjoy it or anything) does not bother me or gross me out.

Yes, I am still using the syringe method just more carefully with cartos in an ammo tray (minus the meat) and with a filled down syringe which is what I hope most have done. I am going to hit the feed store and get some of the plastic ones just in case. You'd think this was my first attempt but I have been doing this for a little over a month.

Keep in mind, this all happened when I was trying to wipe off the needle when I was done.

19. beecee

beecee Super Member ECF Veteran

My tummy turned a little!!!

That's scary. Only needle I like poking me is the tattoo needle...thnx!

20. lonercom

lonercom Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    St. Petersburg, Fl
    Go to the drug store and ask the pharmacist where you can get some vegetable glycerine. Come back and tell us the first question that they ask, LOL.

I'll wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.