Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Hello all!

It's been a while since I've visited the forum. My main question is this: what diameter size and micron filtration is recommended for filtering PG 400 USP liquid with a cold maceration of pipe tobacco.

I have read on the web that a 25mm diameter is about the right size filter. What would be the recommended particulate filter type?

I know it needs to be a "food grade" filter material. When I "Google" syringe filters there are a plethora of types.

Any help will be much appreciated!

:2cool:

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
In order to use a syringe filter, you need the proper housing to hold the filter. Standard gravity filtration will work but is much slower as a standard coffee filter ranges from 10-15 microns. Most syringe filters start at 1 micron and go much smaller but are not usually meant for initial filtering but rather finishing (kind of like water filters use mechanical filtration before proceeding to final filtering). The filtering syringe is usually pretty cheap but the filter material/cartridges can get pricy! Have you considered lab filtration paper and make your own cones for gravity filtering. You could use something with finer filtering than a coffee filter and get a very "clean" output? Filter Papers from Cole-Parmer Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread