T-Priv 3 wont fire but it will

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokiusIII

Dec 27, 2018
I have a Gold T Priv 3 I got the other day. I hit it one time while accidentally holding the channel up button on the front and the screen freaked out for a second. Now it will ONLY fire if I am holding the fire button and the up button and I can no longer change the wattage. I have tried removing the tank, restarting the mod, and removing the batteries for a minute but nothing will fix it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

smokiusIII

Dec 27, 2018
It is possible you have activated some feature or other. Many of these devices use multiple buttons to provide input for various settings. My first thought is to consult the user manual.
I dont have one so I found a pdf of one and it didn't show anything like that. At least from what I saw. Besides that this really seems like a bug, not a setting. I can't change the wattage on screen at all

• Optimistic

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
HTH

"How To Change VW/TC Modes Quickly:
While the device is on, press the fire button and the left adjustment button at the same time. You will then be prompted with “MODE”. Use the adjustment buttons to scroll from “WATT” to “TEMP”. Choose your preference then hold the fire button to make your selection."

Did you buy the unit at a local shop or online?
How are you charging the batteries?

Cheers
I

smokiusIII

Dec 27, 2018
Hi and welcome,
HTH

"How To Change VW/TC Modes Quickly:
While the device is on, press the fire button and the left adjustment button at the same time. You will then be prompted with “MODE”. Use the adjustment buttons to scroll from “WATT” to “TEMP”. Choose your preference then hold the fire button to make your selection."

Did you buy the unit at a local shop or online?
How are you charging the batteries?

Cheers
I
I got it from a Vapor World shop in town. The process you described is the problem. When I press the fire button by itself, it brings up the mode change menu. But if I press one of the front buttons with the fire button, it heats the coil.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I got it from a Vapor World shop in town. The process you described is the problem. When I press the fire button by itself, it brings up the mode change menu. But if I press one of the front buttons with the fire button, it heats the coil.
Sorry to hear.
Refund time. You will need to return to the shop.
That unit seems to be defective.

Best of luck.
I

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I dont have one so I found a pdf of one and it didn't show anything like that. At least from what I saw. Besides that this really seems like a bug, not a setting. I can't change the wattage on screen at all
That would not be surprising if it is somehow locked in the middle of some action not yet finished.
It’s not impossible that the firmware got horked I guess. It’s not a failure I personally have heard of before myself but that doesn’t mean a whole lot. Perhaps you will get lucky and someone will recognize the particular issue. GL :)

smokiusIII

Dec 27, 2018
I have a Gold T Priv 3 I got the other day. I hit it one time while accidentally holding the channel up button on the front and the screen freaked out for a second. Now it will ONLY fire if I am holding the fire button and the up button and I can no longer change the wattage. I have tried removing the tank, restarting the mod, and removing the batteries for a minute but nothing will fix it.
UPDATE: Now the screen is all jacked up and it has reset itself to 6 W so its useless. It now fires without my needing to press the button on the front but it is now unusable.

• Agree

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
UPDATE: Now the screen is all jacked up and it has reset itself to 6 W so its useless. It now fires without my needing to press the button on the front but it is now unusable.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
That would not be surprising if it is somehow locked in the middle of some action not yet finished.
It’s not impossible that the firmware got horked I guess. It’s not a failure I personally have heard of before myself but that doesn’t mean a whole lot. Perhaps you will get lucky and someone will recognize the particular issue. GL :)
Horked? Lol, never heard it put quite like that. Sounds reasonable though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread