Tackling MTCS (Multiple Tank Confusion Syndrome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
I have been using a number of tanks as I experiment with different coils, wicks, and juices. I found myself getting confused as to what I had in which tank! Was that a wattage only coil? Did I space that coil or do a contact? Which flavor is in that one?

I started using a DYMO LabelManager to keep things straight:
61vIFSC5j0L._SL1485_.jpg

Now when I look at my row of tanks, it's easy to get the right one, or know which coil is in it at a glance. Anyone else doing this, or have another method to do the same thing?

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I use the suck it and see approach. Only for vaping of course.
Each tank has it's own mod so reistance / wire type details are not so important to me. I DIY a lot of stuff and it's sometimes a pleasant surprise to toot on a forgotten flavour. Occasionally a not so pleasant surprise.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I keep a fully indexed SQL database containing every bit of data on my current vaping setups with 4 hourly backups to a RAID 5 array in a secure facility in my basement guarded by ex Navy Seal ferrets.

No I don't.
I either remember, or just rebuild it.

If I was to keep track I would make notes in a text file, I wouldn't ugly up my gear with sticky labels. Do you work for DYMO? This feels like an infomercial.

• Agree
Reactions: listopencil

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I use driptips and my memory. If I am using a TC setup, it's easy enough to check what "mode" it's in. Although, if I setup too many more, I will have to come up with a "solution" which I call "Writing it down" there is no way I am going to stick labels on my tanks. I mainly use driptips to distinguish tanks, since I have several multiples of certain tanks.

Most of my flavors play nicely, and well, just in case they don't, I will puff on something before refilling and can usually figure it out, etc.

I just enjoy not refilling and wicking as often and... flavor changes!

Anna

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I used to have that problem but once I settled on my coil builds that took away the confusion. As far as what flavor I have in a tank, it's easy...I take a hit off of it and then I remember.

It helps that a while back I decided to simplify my vaping life a bit by cutting back on setups. I now have two setups for sub-ohm DTL vaping and two setups for MTL vaping.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I have to admit that on occasion i've taken a toot of a tank and simply can't work out what flavour it's supposed to be. I'll keep puffing until my memory kicks in. Weirdly, once i've remembered what the flavour is it suddenly tastes of that flavour.
It's probably an age thing. o_O

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Right now I have one Mod Box, a Think Vape Finder DNA75c. I have 6 Siren 2 24mm tanks. I am trying out all kinds of coil variations. My short term memory may be the problem, but I can't remember how many wraps, spaced or contact, wire type, I put in each, let alone tell them apart. So when I find a tank is giving me better flavor, I would have to pull it apart to check to replicate it in another tank. I think if I were not in a tinkering and experimenting process, this would not be much of an issue.

At any rate, for me it makes my builds easier, and when I want a particular flavor, I can also just reach for it more easily. Perhaps I'm just developing ADD or early Alzheimer's, but I like the labels at this point.
I use an Excel spreadsheet. That way I can also see what juice is in which tank and keep track of how often I rewick and rebuild.
Ha, a spreadsheet man, that would be fun except I still could not tell which tank is which ;).
I keep a fully indexed SQL database containing every bit of data on my current vaping setups with 4 hourly backups to a RAID 5 array in a secure facility in my basement guarded by ex Navy Seal ferrets.
No I don't.
If I was to keep track I would make notes in a text file, I wouldn't ugly up my gear with sticky labels. Do you work for DYMO? This feels like an infomercial.
That's the ticket, I need a database! I would build a server for backups, but I'm the daring type and will just rely on hourly backups to the Cloud. The Ferrets are an excellent idea, but I'm afraid they might take to chewing on the wiring.

You got me on the DYMO issue, I got a lifetime supply of label cartridges for this post in every color they make so that I can add color coding to my system :thumbs:.
I use driptips and my memory.
Anna
Apparently memory is not a viable choice, but I could label the drip tips :laugh:.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

No I don't.

For some reason, reading this made me picture you as:

s-l1000.jpg

PS. For those that don't know who this is, or don't understand the similarity, that just means you are still young.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

adl

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta
I use driptips and my memory. If I am using a TC setup, it's easy enough to check what "mode" it's in. Although, if I setup too many more, I will have to come up with a "solution" which I call "Writing it down" there is no way I am going to stick labels on my tanks. I mainly use driptips to distinguish tanks, since I have several multiples of certain tanks.

Most of my flavors play nicely, and well, just in case they don't, I will puff on something before refilling and can usually figure it out, etc.

I just enjoy not refilling and wicking as often and... flavor changes!

Anna
Same here. I took the tip off of one of my aspire tanks and replaced it with one from an old vivi nova.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I have 2 tanks with drop in coils, 1 rta, 1rdta, and 3 rda's. The tanks, i can see the juice and mostly remember whats in them, the rda's i have to vape or at least smell to remember. Worst case, ill take the top off and lick the coils to see what flavor i was using. I only do this after ive vaped on them a few times and still cant remember. Its a worst case scenario for sure. :lol:

Reactions: Celt1

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I have 2 tanks with drop in coils, 1 rta, 1rdta, and 3 rda's. The tanks, i can see the juice and mostly remember whats in them, the rda's i have to vape or at least smell to remember. Worst case, ill take the top off and lick the coils to see what flavor i was using. I only do this after ive vaped on them a few times and still cant remember. Its a worst case scenario for sure. :lol:
Must be hard to lick the coils with tongue so firmly lodged in cheek. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread