Tale of good customer service and question about orders from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Hi, I was one of the lucky ones to get Riva kits for $30

I'm in Canada and today I received my order (#6003). Shipping from California to Quebec was 8 days which is for me 2 to 4 times quicker than an order in China. What took a long time (I ordered on september 22nd) was a little issue about shipping electronic cigarette products to Canada. I had to exchange messages with Abe about it. Abe was really great with me and at the end I feel like "wow this is excellent customer service"

The status of my order stayed to "none" for more than one week so at the moment I tought that Liberty Flights underestimated the demand for the Riva kits and oversold them. So I contacted Abe and offered him to send me atomizers instead of the kits.... I was wrong ! Liberty Flights had my kits but was not sure about shipping in Canada and potential customs problems. They tried to contact me but got (or used) the wrong email.

I explained to Abe that only nicotine can lead to problems with customs then Abe asked me about my shipping preferences. This is important to Canadian as it happens that Fedex or UPS do charge "handling fees" at the frontier. It is not the case with USPS.

So, Abe posted my order with USPS and today I have my new kits. This is the first time I have to contact customer service and it really went well. Kudos to Liberty Flights.

So, the question to Liberty Flights: What is your official position about orders from Canada. Are they welcome ? With or without juices ?

Thanks,
Vinnie

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I just got my order today. In 2 business days!!!

Nomally I don't order hardware and juice together but for some reason I decided to add some 5ml samples to try some of their liquid. Got it no problems and according to Canada post customs only held it for 1 min. I had put Canadian order in the notes and the box came with no company info on the box and just labelled battery and charger.

I like that the little bottles have the full list of ingredients with % on the bottle. I think all venders should do this so we know what we are vaping.

Thanks LF.

hotone

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Toronto
I only order from places that ship USPS generally. Do not ship UPS to Canada as they add huge "brokerage" fees.

My order 6680 was sent via with a tracking number starting with CJ. I was able to track both on the USPS and Canada post sites. I received a deliver confirmation from Canada post at 10:04am for my package that was delivered at 9:48. Though I could not see any details beyond the 15th when I checked it earlier that day everything was there after delivery.

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

VinnieVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Near Montreal QC
Canada, ah Canada. We want to ship to Canda, the main problem is orders going missing. So, maybe couriers are better? We tend to use couriers for EU destinations that can be a little...funny, if only because the tracking seems to be more accurate and you get more after shipment support.

The solution would be USPS with signature confirmation... but I think it is not available for international orders. Without signature it is too easy to steal packages.

I wonder if there is any honest couriers that do not see border crossing as a money making scheme. There is a free trade agreement no ?

Could the USPS insurance service ($2.25 for a $100 value) be a solution for orders that goes missing ?
http://www.usps.com/prices/international-insurance-prices.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread