MN USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not needed

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Does it say the batteries were in a plastic case AND the "vape pen" (which looks like a 3 battery mod to me) exploded? So which was it?

There's a reason batteries explode. As these were new batteries we can assume age/use isn't a reason.
We need an ECF Investigative Team to fly around to all these incidents to get the real needed facts.
A battery exploded ECFIT is investigating.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Somebody's lying, or something is seriously missing in this story. I've never heard of a battery in a plastic case just spontaneously exploding. Doesn't mean it's never happened, but I've never heard of it before.

I mean, the thing wasn't even IN the mod, she claims it was sitting in a plastic battery case away from anything metal.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    What vape "pen" holds 18650 batteries?
    3 of 'em. When I hear of multiple battery vape pens, I think of this.

images

Only in Florida.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    IF she really did have the batteries in a case and in her purse, my guess is the case popped open and the batteries came out and then shorted. IF they were in a mod then I bet the buttons weren't locked and the fire button got pressed in her purse, until the batteries overheated.

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    In the video it looks like a Reuleaux of one sort or another. But yes, some good old-fashioned pedantics over the whether or not it's technically a "vape pen" is probably just what this story needs.
    Learn to not be so literal and laugh occasionally.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    IF she really did have the batteries in a case and in her purse, my guess is the case popped open and the batteries came out and then shorted. IF they were in a mod then I bet the buttons weren't locked and the fire button got pressed in her purse, until the batteries overheated.
    My battery cases have never popped open spontaneously in my purse, but then I have sense enough to make sure they are firmly closed.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    They said the batteries were located in a plastic case inside a bag (or purse) that was stapped on her sholder. Like mentioned above, i would say the battery case popped open and the batteries then found their way to something metal and shorted out. The mod they showed and said was what she had was a Wismec gen3. A triple battery mod. So if she was using the cheap clear plastic cases, she would have had one case with two batteries in it and another case with one battery in it.

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    How ironic it would be if she had a Wismec that wouldn't have worked with too low of Ω and 3 batteries have plenty of amps for anything it would fire and had the run time to not carry separate batteries in a case but all the scare stories had her removing the batteries to a less secure carry mode.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread