• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tandem order from Eastmall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
I finally received my package via customs last week- Got the new desperately needed threadcap, but now my Indulgence switch is stuck in the 'on' position. This last order from EM was big so it is not economically viable for me to order just the switch. Joy(customer service) from EM is prepared to include the switch in another package from a South African to forward to me-I am prepared to carry the SA postage. Are you or anyone you know imminently going to order from EM?

Splat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
Joy(customer service) from EM is prepared to include the switch in another package from a South African to forward to me-I am prepared to carry the SA postage. Are you or anyone you know imminently going to order from EM?
Surely this would be a warranty replacement? If so, EM should ship it immediately! I have had 2 warranty replacements from HealthCabin sent even before I returned the faulty products....THAT'S service!

videvinci

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2009
South Africa
Yes Splat,
But this story has a long start and ending- The 1 st replacement package got lost (delivered in SA but signed and accepted by someone I don't know). EM carried the loss and resent the package. Then it was stopped by customs and eventually after 3 months from 1 st claiming the replacement I got the replacement threadcap, but then discovered that by not using the switch for 3 months, the switch got stuck in the 'on' position. EM really tried their best to help me, and this is just my way of trying to accomodate them with costs (especially since the 'lost' package was way over 200$)

Splat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes Splat,
But this story has a long start and ending- The 1 st replacement package got lost (delivered in SA but signed and accepted by someone I don't know). EM carried the loss and resent the package. Then it was stopped by customs and eventually after 3 months from 1 st claiming the replacement I got the replacement threadcap, but then discovered that by not using the switch for 3 months, the switch got stuck in the 'on' position. EM really tried their best to help me, and this is just my way of trying to accomodate them with costs (especially since the 'lost' package was way over 200$)
sounds like a nightmare....I know the feeling as I ordered something from the UK at the beginning of April which never arrived (not e-cig related at all)....the vendor sent a replacement which I also haven't received. I have, however, received all my ecig orders with no hassles!

Surely the postage of a single item like the switch should be negligible. I'd propose to EM that they send it and charge you actual postage (not the standard 15$ charge) and just be done with it. Easier than trying to combine forces with an unknown 3rd party IMO

gavin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2009
Joburg, South Africa
Well the switch on my indulgence finally went completely dead, so I pulled it apart and inside was a generic tactile switch. I replaced it with one I had lying around from my previous attempts at making a usb passthrough for my 801, and it worked. So I ordered some more from electronics 123 here: http://www.electronics123.co.za/Main.asp?D={3B132AB7-ED30-4AE7-8568-B4D05EF04476}&PageType=Product&SKU=GB706&CategoryID=1724, got a whole bag now so this indulgence should last me pretty much for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread