Tank for iStick Pico S. My Tobeco died

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Dropped my vape and broke my Tobeco super tank. Used it for years. I always thought at 25 watts the flavor was pretty good.
Stopped at the store and the guy sold me an Aspire Cleito 120. Holy crap this thing at 50 watts makes me cough. Flavor isn’t really there either. This thing is some sort of hopped up deal that’s just not for me. I’m not a big cloud maker, but something that hits a little bit better than the Tobeco would be ok.

I’m sort of a chain vapor at times. I want better flavor. I prefer a tank that holds 5ml or close to it. Suggestions?

Edit: I was using 0.5 ohm coils from Tobeco. Those things seem to last and last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I'll recommend 2 tanks for you based on your desire for flavor. Vaporesso NRG with mesh coils, holds 5mls. Vape Atomizers | Vape Tanks | NRG vape tank | Vaporesso and the Freemax Mesh Pro, holds 6mls, with double mesh coils, the single mesh coil also produces nice flavor. Freemax Mesh Pro - Freemax - Innovative Hardware Manufacturer

If you want a little bigger take a look at the Vaporesso Cascade, holds 7mls and with the included adapter you can use the same GT Core mesh coils that the NRG tank uses.

Mesh coils are the common theme for good flavor today.

There are others too but I use these 2 so I feel confident in recommending them to you. Both of these use coils that have a lower resistance than you are use to. I vape them between 35 and 45 watts depending on the juice.

Good luck in your search.

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
I'll recommend 2 tanks for you based on your desire for flavor. Vaporesso NRG with mesh coils, holds 5mls. Vape Atomizers | Vape Tanks | NRG vape tank | Vaporesso and the Freemax Mesh Pro, holds 6mls, with double mesh coils, the single mesh coil also produces nice flavor. Freemax Mesh Pro - Freemax - Innovative Hardware Manufacturer

If you want a little bigger take a look at the Vaporesso Cascade, holds 7mls and with the included adapter you can use the same GT Core mesh coils that the NRG tank uses.

Mesh coils are the common theme for good flavor today.

There are others too but I use these 2 so I feel confident in recommending them to you. Both of these use coils that have a lower resistance than you are use to. I vape them between 35 and 45 watts depending on the juice.

Good luck in your search.

Thank you! I really like that Vaporesso tank. Good reviews on that one. I can appreciate that it runs lower wattage, especially on the gt4 coils.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Thank you! I really like that Vaporesso tank. Good reviews on that one. I can appreciate that it runs lower wattage, especially on the gt4 coils.

Not lower wattage but lower resistance. You are running a .5ohm coil the mesh coil that produces the flavor in the NRG is .18ohm, so you would probably need to step up your wattage from the 25 watts you are currently vaping at.

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Not lower wattage but lower resistance. You are running a .5ohm coil the mesh coil that produces the flavor in the NRG is .18ohm, so you would probably need to step up your wattage from the 25 watts you are currently vaping at.

I understand. I was referring to your suggested 35-45 watts. I don’t want to go with anything close to 100 watts, etc.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I like Vapresso's stuff in general. I am in no way a cloud chaser but I can handle their 0.5 ohms range coils okay if I'm in the right mood for sure.

If you want to go/stay in a more MTL direction the Innokin Zenith has coils ranging from 1.6 to 0.5 (a mesh coil) and it's 4 ml, but I do wonder if the airflow would be too restricted for you. IDK. I also have not tried the plexus (mesh) coils and hear mixed reports. But, it is another option although I would say it's on the more restricted draw than less.

Anna

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Glad yo hear you like it, dont forget to give their mesh coils a try too.

Is the gt4 not mesh?

I’m at 40 watts, notice a slight burning taste occasionally. Vaping pachamoma Fuji apple something tangerine.

Edit: found mesh coils online. Ordered!

Last edited:

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Is the gt4 not mesh?

I’m at 40 watts, notice a slight burning taste occasionally. Vaping pachamoma Fuji apple something tangerine.

Edit: found mesh coils online. Ordered!

The GT-4 is Kanthal wire, wound wire, not mesh. It's rated from 30w to 70w, recommend 45w to 60w. I find often that the minimum can be too high and will result in dry/burnt hits.

Where did you find the mesh coils, which store/website? I normally get them at Vaporesso NRG GT Replacement Coils | GT Mesh Vape Coils not always the cheapest price but great shipping and customer service. I've also used https://www.vaporbeast.com/vaporesso-gt-mesh-replacement-coil-3-pack.html.

After priming the coil from the inside not through the juice holes. Use the juice holes as an indicator of adequate priming. When you see the juice coming out of the juice holes you know prime is complete. Now install the coil in the tank, fill the tank and let is sit say 20 minutes. Now with the airflow holes closed take a few non powered hits. Open the airflow holes, start the wattage low say 25w and take several slow easy hits to break in the coil. Now slowly move wattage up 3 to 5 watts at a time until you find the best wattage for you taste. Watch this video on priming

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
The GT-4 is Kanthal wire, wound wire, not mesh. It's rated from 30w to 70w, recommend 45w to 60w. I find often that the minimum can be too high and will result in dry/burnt hits.

Where did you find the mesh coils, which store/website? I normally get them at Vaporesso NRG GT Replacement Coils | GT Mesh Vape Coils not always the cheapest price but great shipping and customer service. I've also used Vaporesso GT Mesh Replacement Coil - 3 Pack | Replacement Coils | Vaporbeast.

After priming the coil from the inside not through the juice holes. Use the juice holes as an indicator of adequate priming. When you see the juice coming out of the juice holes you know prime is complete. Now install the coil in the tank, fill the tank and let is sit say 20 minutes. Now with the airflow holes closed take a few non powered hits. Open the airflow holes, start the wattage low say 25w and take several slow easy hits to break in the coil. Now slowly move wattage up 3 to 5 watts at a time until you find the best wattage for you taste. Watch this video on priming

I found some at Vaporesso GT Mesh Replacement Coils 0.18ohm - 3-Pack

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Stopped at a local vape shop to discuss reasons why I’m burning my coils. It’s the way I vape. I chain vaped like crazy whenever I vaped so I was drying the cotton out and therefore burning it. He gave me a Smok mesh coil and gave me a lesson on priming and slowly setting the watts higher until I’m happy.
I’m up and vaping for two days now with this coil at 65 watts. It’s awesome! I love this Vaporesso nrg tank. The hits are big, and that makes me not have to vape as much. Flavor is great!

Thanks sdennislee for the recommendation!

• Love
Reactions: sdennislee

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Stopped at a local vape shop to discuss reasons why I’m burning my coils. It’s the way I vape. I chain vaped like crazy whenever I vaped so I was drying the cotton out and therefore burning it. He gave me a Smok mesh coil and gave me a lesson on priming and slowly setting the watts higher until I’m happy.
I’m up and vaping for two days now with this coil at 65 watts. It’s awesome! I love this Vaporesso nrg tank. The hits are big, and that makes me not have to vape as much. Flavor is great!

Thanks sdennislee for the recommendation!

Glad you found your satisfying vape

Reactions: JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Olathe, KS, USA
Freemax Mesh Pro on the way now. While the Vaporesso works great, I’m getting burnt hits on day three of a new coil. I go through the whole break in procedure too. Maybe I’m not patient enough? I don’t know.
.15 ohms at 60 watts.

Hopefully the freemax will put up with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread