Tank has Flush 510 now, safe on a Smok stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawt

Mar 14, 2018
Over my head
tank's(Spirals(4days old)) 510 pin no longer protrudes.
Pulls out some but won't stay.

I googled + searched here for answers & found none, if it's Smok stick safe?

The tank(t12 bubbled Prince) which came with the Smok stick potrudes real nice n pretty.

If the answer = unsafe

Is there a fix? I found tons of mod 510 fixes but none for tanks, lol?

Reactions: stols001

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Nort sure if this will help but my girlfriends cleito would do this after she dropped it. The air flow adjustment ring would have a gap and move up and down because it was press fit and knocked half undone and was a loose fit. I took hers apart put the bottom air flow 510 on a table and pressed down really hard till it popped back in place. Then the coil will screw down that extra 1/16 of a inch and push the 510 where it should be. Not sure if it will work on the smok tank but if you can move your airflow adjustment ring up and down even a little probably the cause.

Ps. If you try this definatly disassemble and remove the coil and glass.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Tank's(Spirals(4days old)) 510 pin no longer protrudes.
Pulls out some but won't stay.

I googled + searched here for answers & found none, if it's Smok stick safe?

The tank(t12 bubbled Prince) which came with the Smok stick potrudes real nice n pretty.

If the answer = unsafe

Is there a fix? I found tons of mod 510 fixes but none for tanks, lol?

On some RTA's/Tanks, the 510 Pin isn't screwed into the Base. And the Only thing holding the 510 Pin in is the Coil Head or RBA Section that is screwed into the Base.

So if the Coil Head or RBA Section doesn't screw in all the way for Some Reason, it Won't push the 510 Pin Out as far as it should.

Sounds like the Spirals Tank is that way.

I would take out the Coil Head or RBA Section and give the Base a Good Warm Water Rinse/Cleaning taking note of any O-Rings that seem to have an attraction for Sink Drains. Then See if the 510 Moves Slightly when you push on it from both the 510 Side as well as from the Base Side.

Then screw a Coil Head or the RBA Section into the Deck and see if it Pushes the 510 out.

NOTE: Any time you attempt a "Fix" on a Atomizer, you should have a Back-Up Atomizer in case something goes Wrong.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know whether it's safe or unsafe, are you saying the pin isn't protruding at all? Can you post a pic? It does need to be functional (probably) for it to make a connection, I'm just a bit unclear on exactly "What" is not protruding. Were there any drops or any other unusual things that happened to it? I would probably use your other tank for now and attempt some of the things that have been mentioned. If that doesn't help and it's unusable, I'd say warranty it if you can. Etc.

Best of luck, I hope something works out for you :)

Anna

Reactions: Hawt

Hawt

Mar 14, 2018
Over my head
Does it still make connection and fire?

Yeps, like a champ!

but if you can move your airflow adjustment ring up and down even a little probably the cause.
Ps. If you try this definatly disassemble and remove the coil and glass.

Great idea++
It appears to be perfectly fitted, no discernable gaps, but this puppy does like to ooze between glass & bottom!
It's my first subOhm ever.
One doesn't know it will leak until its filled...grrr(that part sucks)! I never did figure out why. I just stopped being afraid of over-tightening it to much, I guess, & by day 3-4 no more leakage! $16/30ml salts is like gold + fear of ooze returning, it will have to be DoA before I dare to disassemble :rolleyes:

give the Base a Good Warm Water Rinse/Cleaning taking note of any O-Rings that seem to have an attraction for Sink Drains. Then See if the 510 Moves Slightly when you push on it from both the 510 Side as well as from the Base Side.

Then screw a Coil Head or the RBA Section into the Deck and see if it Pushes the 510 out.

NOTE: Any time you attempt a "Fix" on a Atomizer, you should have a Back-Up Atomizer in casesomething goes Wrong.

You and Mr. Relentless are definitely both right! I should disassemble. :oops:
It was slightly off at the chimney connection & it's highly likely an O-ring is every so slightly pinched as well, now that I'm beginning to understand the mechanics of it.
I really Love your tips!!! They should be plastered everywhere in the Vapers' 101 classroom!
I never thought the earlier problems with the tank could have spread the infection to the pin :duh:
I clearly understand that now, sheeze! That's my procasteration at it's best for ya! :unsure:
I do have another deck & coils to try as well! :thumb:

What" is not protruding. Were there any drops or any other unusual things that happened to it? I would probably use your other tank for now and attempt some of the things that have been mentioned. If that doesn't help and it's unusable, I'd say warranty it if you can. Etc.

Great questions!!!
Tank was about 5 days old, never dropped, only put together by a first time noob, when I noticed the center pin inside of the 510 connector didn't stick out as far as it once did. Pics already taken :thumbs:
I've been waiting politelyimpatiently
for someone to ask before posting one. My pics appear overlarge here for some odd reason. Thanks!
0410181426~3.jpg 0410181426~2.jpg
Tank <--------> Smoke stick

You're using a regulated mod so it's not going to be "unsafe". It just won't fire if the connection isn't right.

Exactly the answer I was digging for!
You already seen the possible fixes & tips offered here, otherwise I'm sure you would have added that too.

You all are number #1
in my book! Thanks for all of your advice!!!
Yes! I will try all and plus eventually check back in here to share the info/fix
...just need to vape up most of the expensive e-juice in it firstly
Ahhhaa!

I have a tip of my own to add:
Wide pill bottles store out-of-service
tank's beautifully! It's a mate made in heaven!

Last edited:

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
It looks to be protruding enough as long as it's out. I usually screw the coil to the chimney first, since that's the o ring that usually gets lost and crossthreaded, then to the base. And if you have any gap at the top or bottom of glass it can be screwed down more. Lube rings with juice for easier fit on the glass.

Hawt

Mar 14, 2018
Over my head
Thanks Mr. Relentless

I took it all apart. The coil was nearly black on it's top edge and groddy. Yucko! I used a toothbrush lightly on all pieces under hot water. I didn't lose any rings but see how easily those small ones can vanish now.
I pushed the pin out from the inside and then put it back together. Coil to chimney, then bottom on. I smeared some ejuice on the glass inside edge. It went together way smoother then the first time.
I pushed lightly on the pin after wards and it clicked in right back to nearly flush again! It didn't appear to be nudged to far out.
There is a dip in the inside of the base circling where the pin is. Mine is new not damaged. Maybe a design flaw or was just meant to be.
I cleaned my other tank, a Prince, after seeing all the gunk in the other. The Prince has no dip in the pin area.
The Spirals 4ml tank is hard to find and cost more. Next to the Prince it looks cheap, not as well made.
I love how it draws. Plus it's easy on ejuice usage.
The Prince although a looser draw, isn't flying through ejuice either, for me.
The same ejuice in each taste is close to the same with 7+ day old coils in both.
But in the Prince it gives me OD symptoms. It dishes out a bigger punch of the nic.
The Prince keeps yearning for Stinkys away with a lower nic dose.
I like both tanks now.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread