Status
Not open for further replies.

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Initial Impressions: tank-O-Matic Liquinator v4.1 from Vaporescence

I just picked up two of these new cartomizer tanks from Vaporescence's retail store today in Richardson and so far I'm impressed. I expect they'll have them on their website soon for purchase. By the way, I'm not affiliated with the store beyond being a customer.

Here are a few pictures on my ProVari and by itself:

Liquinator_1.jpg Liquinator_2.jpg Liquinator_3.jpg

These are 3ml cartomizer-based tanks made out of "machined acetal and utilize EPDM seals." You simply press in the cartomizer, fill with liquid, and then press the cartomizer back down. Turn over and attach to your 510 device (i used a ProVari). These come in Low, Regular (mine was 2.9Ω), or HV cartomizers. The cartomizers are slotted at the bottom and the tank itself slide up to cover the slots or down to feed the cartomizer. It's actually extremely simple. No wicks to mess with, either and the cartomizers are replaceable.

I initially filled the tank with about 1 ml and put 4 drops in the drip tip to prime the cartomizer. First puff was slightly dry, but beyond that it worked flawlessly. When I refilled, I filled with about 2.5 ml. I expected a little juice to leak during the refill, but all I had was a dampness around the drip tip when I pressed it out. When I pushed the cartomizer back through the tank, the damp part was once again in the tank.

The vapor was abundant and the flavor was excellent (but I really enjoy the liquid I was using with cartomizers). So far, with one refill, it hasn't leaked at all. I did wipe up some of the dampness (where the drip tip meets the top of the tank) during the refill, but otherwise no leakage. I've tried leaving it sitting up as well as on its side (in a tray, of course) to see if it leaks. Nothing yet!

As I mentioned, my cartomizer was roughly 3Ω and it works flawlessly from 4.8 to 5.2v on my ProVari. I did try it at 3.7v and wasn't very impressed, but it's not a LR cartomizer.

These are sold for $24.95 and come in either black or white. They include the drip tip and 1 cartomizer. I believe they said they would be selling the slotted cartomizers separately very soon but I imagine you could also slot them yourself.

As I play with these some more, I'll update this thread with my longer term impressions.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
Wylie, this looks SO cool...but I don't get it.:facepalm:

I've got some questions...I know I want it (just because) but I want to understand it by the time its available for online sale! :laugh:

1. Press carto in... open side down or up?
  2. Press it down again? What happened to it since the first press?
  3. Turn it right side up - have I screwed in the carto ever?

Thanks!

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Great questions! Here are two more pictures:

Liquinator_4a.jpg Liquinator_5a.jpg

If you look at the first picture, I have it turned upside down. Press on the threaded part of the 510 (the silver part) and it pushes through the tank. On the second picture you can see there is space to pour your liquid through the exposed hole.

Once the tank is filled, push up on the drip tip so the cartomizer goes back through the hole at the top. Turn it over and attach to your PV.

I think they plan to have them on the website in a day or two. But they've got a lot of them ready to go.

Hope that helps!

Edit: You can see one of the two slots on the cartomizer in the second picture.

Last edited:

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
A couple more thoughts. First, two more pictures showing:
  1. Liquinator OPEN - No gap between the PV and the bottom of the tank (slide down), slot is visible.
  2. Liquinator CLOSED - Gap between PV and tank (slide up). Slot is covered, preventing juice flow.

Liquinator_Open.jpg Liquinator_Closed.jpg

I can slide the cartomizer all the way out of an empty tank and, when I do, I can see one of the secrets-- I think there are O-rings compressed inside the top and bottom sections. Perhaps there is an O-ring compressed between two pieces on each side? At a minimum, there is some sort of ridge on each half which seals the juice.

It also occurred to me that I'm not sure how to clean this tank. With the cartomizer removed, I don't know if I can take off the top or bottom caps. So I can clean it, but I don't know if it can be easily dried. Hmmm.

Finally, I tried a 'wet fill' by refilling with juice in the tank. It works. A little more juice along the cartomizer/drip tip than an empty refill, but still not much.

But... still no leaks.

Last edited:

Wylie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Alldayvape - They are regular cartomizers with a slot on two sides to feed the cart. If you're familiar with punching holes in the 808 for the AVS, it's the same concept but these are horizontal cuts so you can cover them with the tank as it slides up. A dremel should do the job. They sell the cartomizers, though, at a slight premium. For instance, they sell the punched 808s for about 1.50 extra per box. I think that gives an idea of what they'd charge for the carts.

Nice find ! Tank that doesn't use failomizers ! See if you can cut down a dual coil to fit it !

I'm going to be trying some mega 510s. Some dual coils...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread