Tank problem, and why don't Triton Tips count towards Halo points?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Hey guys! Usually I'm the one attempting to troubleshoot for others, but I am having a problem with my tank that I cannot remedy.:facepalm:

I had a Triton tank suddenly stop firing. Usually this is just a matter of unscrewing the tip a hair, which in turn loosens the coil a bit, then you can re-tighten both to reset the connection with the coil and tank. This did not work.

It's not the battery, as another tank works. It's not the coil, as the coil(s) works in another tank. This tank just all of a sudden will not fire on. I have tried cleaning it multiple times. There are no electrical components in the tank, so I am stumped as to why it would suddenly quit. :-x

Also, I just noticed Triton Replacement Tips (.99c each) do not count towards the $20 hardware threshold for (75) Halo points, which seems unfair. What's up with that?! :grr:

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA
Well, there is an electrical component in that the post is completing the circuit between the coil and battery.

Have you tried a different coil in the tank?

I'm guessing the post may be fugazi.

As for the Triton tips you was robbed man!

:ohmy::p

Yes I've tried multiple working coils, none work in this tank. Guess I'll just order a new tank.

I just tried adding 25 of the tips to the cart ($24.75); "You Will Earn: No Halo Points".

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
It happens.

There's a wire inside the tank's center post, connecting the center pin, that can come loose.

It's a manufacturing defect, so you should treat it as such. It happened to me too, and I returned it for an exchange under warranty.

Also, if the post is flooded with water from cleaning, it can short out, so just let it dry overnight. I use a can of compressed air to blow mine out.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
I believe BigBen Nailed it, cause layout is as he describes and that would fit with the troubleshooting you already have done.

as to the tips not counting, I suspect there is a value threshhold that needs to be tweaked for it to notice. Since the item does not count as $1 dollar it does not notice it in the calculations for the reward points. If they changed the price of it to $1, i bet you would get the points easily. Just send it to them as a bug report.

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I can't help with the tank problem, but wanted to add to the points complaint and ask why points can only be used to buy juice? I get all my hardware at Halo, but I just can't vape their juice, and believe me I've tried most of them. I had so many points I gave in and ordered 2 free bottles, hoping I'd like it better this time. Nope, still taste really strange to me. I'd love to be able to use those points on a battery or a couple tanks. Their juice is more expensive than the hardware, so I don't get why they can't offer that option.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
I can't help with the tank problem, but wanted to add to the points complaint and ask why points can only be used to buy juice? I get all my hardware at Halo, but I just can't vape their juice, and believe me I've tried most of them. I had so many points I gave in and ordered 2 free bottles, hoping I'd like it better this time. Nope, still taste really strange to me. I'd love to be able to use those points on a battery or a couple tanks. Their juice is more expensive than the hardware, so I don't get why they can't offer that option.

Simplicity of the system, margins and because ultimately they are a juice company first? All just guesses of mine.

You tried all their flavors? Or what have you tried and didnt like? What do you like in flavors from other places?

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
You tried all their flavors? Or what have you tried and didnt like? What do you like in flavors from other places?

I do menthols, and I've tried all of those from Halo. I've also tried Voodoo, Malibu, and the chocolate one (can't think of the name). No matter which one I tried, I get a weird synthetic undertone/aftertaste that I don't get from other vendors juice. I know lots of people like it, and taste is subjective, so I'm not knocking their juice, it just doesn't sit right with me. You know how some people don't like diet drinks because of the aftertaste of sweetner? Thats sort of what I experience with Halo juice. But I stand by their hardware a 100%, its all I use.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I do menthols, and I've tried all of those from Halo. I've also tried Voodoo, Malibu, and the chocolate one (can't think of the name). No matter which one I tried, I get a weird synthetic undertone/aftertaste that I don't get from other vendors juice. I know lots of people like it, and taste is subjective, so I'm not knocking their juice, it just doesn't sit right with me. You know how some people don't like diet drinks because of the aftertaste of sweetner? Thats sort of what I experience with Halo juice. But I stand by their hardware a 100%, its all I use.

I know this may not be a "flavor" but if you buy Fusion, it mixes with anything you have and can be added to decrease or increase nic level of any juice you have. It has saved me from buying a gazillion extra bottles to decrease nic and also give my taste buds a break from the dread wonky taste buds I get every other week.

Just an idea...

GreenLeaf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Texas, USA

Hey Amy,

I have seen this same post of yours multiple times. If you are not PG intolerant, it is likely an issue with the base sweetener Halo uses in all of their ejuice. It just doesn't jive with you, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. The fact that you still cling to Halo's lineup of Hardware says a lot about their functionality.

It is a very basic point system. You either get 0, 75 or 100 points, and can only spend 1000 of them on 30ml bottles in even increments.

I imagine as Halo expands as a successful ejuice supplier with competitive hardware, they will provide the option to spend the points on hardware too, but it seems as if Halo is still in incubation. Their PC magazine awards support positive reviews and a progressive outlook to their future.

The problem is it's hard to cut their current points structure into percentages, for example there are $13 G6's, $4 mini tanks, $16, $17, $18, $20 and $30 Triton batteries, $7 Triton tanks, $12.50 coils etc. Therefore the entire award points structure would have to be re-tuned to allow for all-inclusive spending, but there's no reason they can't accomplish this.

Halo could offer points based on every dollar spent. This would eliminate arbitrary cut-off structure and open the doors to a far more expansive points accumulation and spending system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread