Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
The cartridge you speak of is a cartomizer, most likely. Those tank systems are called "carto tanks". What kind of battery are you using? It makes a difference with the type of carto tank you can choose- also, what "cartridge" type? is it just a regular carto? Those will fit the shorter tanks; The taller tanks fit on dual-coil carto's, which work best on bigger batteries and APV's.

Depending on what you have, I'll make a rec...let us know!

Also, welcome!!

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I use a vivi nova which is a tank with a replaceable head (you screw on a new head), along with Phiniacs (glass) and even a jonboy on my eGo. The easiest is the vivi. The other types need a cartomizer which has a hole punched in it and needs replacing, but the tank will last until you break it LOL. Those use "o-rings" to hold the juice in.

The vivi's are good starters and are very inexpensive.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
I soak the atty center part and wet burn the atty after a while. The tank on mine is plastic and will eventually go bad but they make metal and glass tanks which will probably outlast the plastic ones. Here is a link to cleaning I found usefull.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...300-newbies-guide-cleaning-your-atomizer.html
I soak and wet burn. Dry I have not tried because it seems like an art and I am inpatient. LOL
Hope this helps.

MiniHookarin

Jul 10, 2012
NY
The cartridge you speak of is a cartomizer, most likely. Those tank systems are called "carto tanks". What kind of battery are you using? It makes a difference with the type of carto tank you can choose- also, what "cartridge" type? is it just a regular carto? Those will fit the shorter tanks; The taller tanks fit on dual-coil carto's, which work best on bigger batteries and APV's.

Depending on what you have, I'll make a rec...let us know!

Also, welcome!!

I have a crappy V2cig I bought when I first got into e-cigs. Im thinking about getting the Lavatube.

I use a vivi nova which is a tank with a replaceable head (you screw on a new head), along with Phiniacs (glass) and even a jonboy on my eGo. The easiest is the vivi. The other types need a cartomizer which has a hole punched in it and needs replacing, but the tank will last until you break it LOL. Those use "o-rings" to hold the juice in.

The vivi's are good starters and are very inexpensive.
I was actually just looking at the vivi but read some threads saying that its not safe. Now im thinking twice.

I soak the atty center part and wet burn the atty after a while. The tank on mine is plastic and will eventually go bad but they make metal and glass tanks which will probably outlast the plastic ones. Here is a link to cleaning I found usefull.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...300-newbies-guide-cleaning-your-atomizer.html
I soak and wet burn. Dry I have not tried because it seems like an art and I am inpatient. LOL
Hope this helps.
This will be useful in the future. Thanx

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Minihookarin. V2, I think(fairly certain), is an 808 threaded device. If you are looking at attachments for the v2 you may want to take a look at Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt CE3 Cartomizer - Bottom Coil - Refill Cartridges or E-Cig Tank | E-Cigarette Tank | Cartomizer Tank | Vapor4Life these sites are 808 friendly and offer great customer support. The smokeless image are actually cartomizers with a clear shell, and should perform well on your curent setup. The v4l tanks would also need the single coil carto blank to work ok on your v2 but would provide much more use time for you, on the down side they would look kinda funky on a small battery.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
...And if you want to go to the next level in the vaping journey, stick with a 510-threaded device, as nearly everything coming out or out right now is 510-threaded. SI is mostly for people new to ecigs- I would probably have to say you could easily step up to tanks and tank systems, especially if you're looking into a Lava (which is actually my go-to device at the moment :) ). The Lava and almost all tanks are 510-threaded.

As an aside, SI is awesome for newcomers, and I myself used to use the old intellicig 808's when I first started, too! But the lack of customization options, short lifespan and short carto life left me wanting more.

I also do not recommend the Nova, as they are flawed in a number of different ways- I have two that actually burnt up on me, and it seems that although many people love theirs, a similar number of people do not- and *most* users need to mod theirs as soon as they pull it out of the package.

DCT's are awesome on the VV mods. So are dripping attys, like the Cisco-spec 510's and the phoenix...and if you want the absolute best, get a DID-style system (there is a new clone DID that just came out, I have one on order in the mail right now!)

Edit V4L is also awesome. And they have a wider variety of choices...but still, these sites are too expensive for my taste, and a flashy website does not mean better product. Just sayin'. This goes especially for the vaping scene, and after seeing Blu and other like it, I no longer put a lot of trust in flashy sites... but to each their own :) :cheers:

...My personal faves are goodprophets.com, litecigusa.net, and madvapes.com (madvapes is like the wal-mart of vapers). Also discountvapers.com for best pricing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread