Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can someone explain to me the difference between single coil cartos(when used with a tank).

I going to assume that you are truly asking for the difference in manufacturer brands of single coil cartos.

This topic could be as subjective as for e-juice flavors. Everyone seems to somehow settle on one brand or another, and for highly personal reasons I would suppose. I myself, have only used Smoktech single and dual cartos and Boge cartos.

I was not particularly impressed with Boges, but I could have gotten some of the recent bad batch that has been reported in the last couple of months. The polyfill in Boges is somewhat denser than Smoktech's, so it takes longer to fill the carto with juice.

I started out with the Smoktech dual coils in my DCT tanks. Some people feel they are easy to flood, but I never really experienced that with them. I did get more than my share of burnt taste from them, so I decided to try the single coil variety. I replace all of my dozen or so cartotanks with new single coil Smoktechs, and I haven't looked back since. No more burnt taste, the same nice juice flavor and vapor production, and a noticable increase in my batteries' life.

I would like to try some Ikenvape Platinum cartos for my tanks, but they always seem to be sold out.

Hope that helps a little bit. If you were really asking about the difference between single and dual coil cartos, then that is another topic altogether, and also very subjective.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have seen single coil cartomizers and dual coil cartomizers. What is the difference between the two and what's the difference when applied to using them with tanks
Well, I already told you my experience with dual and single coils in my post above. I prefer the single coils because I experienced burnt taste from the dual coils I started out with.

I did a lot of research here on the forum about the differences. Most of the info is subjective and opinion based. From what I gather tho, Smoktech developed the dual coils to provide more vapor production by using two heating coils instead of just one. I read that they were intended for 3.7v devices, however I've also read that they don't really shine unless they are provided with at least 4.5v of power. I do know from what I have experienced is that they do drain your device's battery faster and cause you to burn thru juice faster. I get just as much vapor production with my single coil cartos as I did with the dual coil cartos on my 3.7v mods. I haven't used a dual coil on my new Provari to try them with a higher voltage.

In my own personal opinion, dual coil cartos were a good idea on paper that never worked out in real life. Oh, and in case you didn't already know, you can use a single coil carto in any DCT tank, as long as you have the correct length (XL size).

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks for the info baditude I read single was better but it seems like most tanks I have seen have dual coil

I often wondered about this observation myself. It's a personal hunch of mine that Smoktech started including their dual coil cartos in their DCT tanks to help promote them, and other tank manufacturers followed suit. However, as I stated before, there is absolutely no reason not to use a single coil carto in these or any other carto tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread