markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It'll be different from the Tapatalk weirdness [emoji3]

In Tapatalk I can post a picture, no problem.

The oddity is that if I (or likely other Tapatalk users) have posted a picture, if I try to view that post I just see the gray image-we-can't-render image on Tapatalk. Viewing exactly the same post on a browser shows the image properly.

(I do suspect that there's something "special" about images posted from Tapatalk, they are missing something so they don't display on TT if you try to read ECF. Some kind of malformed or missing tag, as compared to images that have been inserted via a browser.)

The attached are two snapshots of the same post, one taken in TT, the other in a browser window.
89853e6fe1e74580d5de0764c49745e8.jpg
7ba017e099293d88c87b1b59429ef328.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: laurie9300

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
But if you change to a browser you'll see both.

Tapatalk interface to ecf is apparently broken

It seems to be consistent with Tapatalk- inserted images, that they can't be viewed in Tapatalk, but do display properly in a browser window.

I'm able to see a lot of images and inserted YouTube now, from within Tapatalk, suspect they were inserted by people using a browser. There's got to be something different in the wrapper for a browser-inserted image vs. Tapatalk-inserted, could be something like not properly identifying the underlying encoding, or just missing a piece of the wrapper - a regular browser still decodes the image okay, but not Tapatalk.

Reactions: hittman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread