The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tar clearance

Discussion in 'Switching' started by skywalk, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. skywalk

skywalk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    Can anyone direct me to any info on anything to do with tar clearance from the lungs after quitting please? ie how fast before most of it is cleared from my lungs.

I'm on my 18th day of being analog free :)

2. AJMoore

AJMoore Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2009
    Here and back
  3. motallero

motallero Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Minneapolis
    In school they told us 7 years to every year you smoked to completely heal your lungs and expunge all tar. Though function begins to improve almost immediately.

4. 5cardstud

5cardstud ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    Wash
    I remember reading yrs. ago that when you quit smoking your body ie. lungs heal at the same rate you stop. In other words it said if you haven't smoked for 45days your body is like it was 45 days before you quit. Don't know about tar or anything else and I wouldn't swear to this. It's just something I read on a quit smoking brochure. I hope this helps a little.

5. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia

thanks. so if i smoked for 20 years, it will take me 140 years to clear?!

6. traderblue

traderblue Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2008
    Singapore
    For me tar-clearance was roughly 3 - 4 months gradual process. I cough a lot during 1st month of vaping due to analog-free as my body is getting use to not having 3/4k chemicals in the analogs into my body. Then suddenly exactly at the 1-month mark, I suddenly developed severe sore-throat then high-fever, flu, weak-joint, breathless, was coughing out blood-floss + brownish stuff. Scare the .... out of me ! and was bed-ridden for 4/5 days. After that, lowered my nic-level from 24mg to 12 to 6. Then at the 3-month mark, same thing happen but less severe, bed-ridden 3/4 days. Aftermath, nic-level from 6 to zero. Fast-forward 5 months later, I also quit e-cig.....$$$ saved from analog end up buying two bicycles - one road-bike & one-mountain-bike.....e-cig shall be been invented earlier....

7. MichelleOhio

MichelleOhio Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Ohio
    You will get many opinions on this question. I learned, from my anatomy prof., that a smokers lungs will be healthy and pink after six years. He said it's hard to tell that you ever smoked by looking at your lungs at that point.

8. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia

thats awesome. thanks. now I have something to strive towards.

My only fear now is that the coloring or the ejuices might have long term effects on my lungs. as it is, some of my juices are staining my silicone caps a strange pink color.

9. Tuesday

Tuesday Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    USA
    Wow this is good to know, in 5 yrs and 8 months I will have pink lungs again!! :p

10. cmdryker

cmdryker Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    St. Louis, Mo
    Going for the pink, 2100 days left :rolleyes:

11. Evista

Evista Full Member

Feb 6, 2010
    NY
    Is tar-clearance mandatory when stop smoking analogs?

12. CaptJay

CaptJay Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2010
    A Brit, abroad, (USA)
    If you drink coke, which will eat through a tooth overnight if you put one in a glass of it, I wouldn't worry too much :)

13. VelvetFog

VelvetFog Moved On

Feb 7, 2010
    Florida
    The body will deal with toxicants as it see necessary. Not everyone 'hacks up lung' during the rejuvintation process. If you are quitting tobacco use, just focus on the benefits and forget whether you are coughing up enough grossly-colored phlegm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.