Target mini not reading any tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
So iv got the target mini, and no matter what tank goes on there 99% of the time is will just read 9.99ohms and says no atty or ohms too high the spring loaded pin on the mod is fine, the tanks are touching the mods 510 pin, sometimes it will just go mental and the ohms will jump around everywhere and once in a blue moon it will read correctly but only for about two puffs, i cant find anyway of resetting or fixing this, any body know of any tips or tricks for me to try and fix this?

Ive tried emailing them with no luck will try here and if theres no fix ill be emailing them everyday till they sort it out as its not even 6 months old. Never dropped it or have anything leak on it.

Thank you
Jordan.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not sure what's happening here. :unsure:

Generally speaking, "9.99 ohms" or "no atomizer" means the processor can not sense an electrical connection to the coil. This usually occurs when the mod's center pin or the atomizer's center pin are not making a physical connection with the other. I suspect it may have something to do with your mod's spring loaded pin.

"Ohms Too High" or "ohms jumping around everywhere" could mean a short circuit with the coil, or the actual coil resistance is higher than you think. It's odd that this is occuring with all of your atomizers, though. Again it makes me think the problem is with the mod.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I would agree with Baditude. If it happens with every different tank you have on the Target, it's the mod. Of course, if the same tank elicits the same deal on a different mod, you know it's the tank. In all likelihood, it's the mod. If your 510 pin is spring loaded, try pressing down gently on it to make sure it travels properly and is not stuck.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Just a thought here but I had a MOD acting up one day not reading my tanks and a quick swab of the 510 solved it and it never did it again. I can only assume it was a thin layer of contamination like cooked e-Liquid on the 510 pin. Worked for me and I hope it does for you!

Vape On Safely

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So if the solders are loose, the kbox still turns on but will not read your atty?
Yup... if it's not.under warranty and you've tried everything else and your a fair hand with a soldering iron, pull it apart and check the positive solder on the 510...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Mine is a kbox mini, same problem. I tried cleaning the 510 pin of both my atty and mod but it still reads 9.99 ohms. Before it stooped working, the ohm reading was jumping and I had to put my atty back and fort before I get the right reading. I hope someone could help me. This mod is really nice.
Are tou using the Subtank Mini/Toptank Mini with the RBA? When I had a subtank Mini the RBA deck positive post was loose and not making contact in the tank base.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread