Taste test inconclusivly bad -- any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
I think something went funny with my taste test, and got to figure out where it went "wrong"

I am not ready to give a review on the company as I am still way too new to know what a good or bad brand of juice is supposed to taste like, and i havent developed a taste for what flavor I like yet either.

I tried the first coffee/cinnamon flavored liquid and the flavor was ok. the smell was ok too, but something seemed just a tad bit "off" kind of like an aftertaste, or another "something"

Next I tried a maple marshmellow flavor which seemed to just mix in with the coffee and that too had the weird aftertaste

and even though I switched cartridges for every flavor it seemed as if all the flavors just added on to eachother and mixed into one big nasty hodgepodge of yuck. all of which had that weird flavor other then the flavor on the bottle

then i opened up my new attomizer and tried one with that, but all i tasted was the coating. bluuucck!!

I rinsed off the OLD atomizer and started with a fresh cartrige of my origninal flavor and even that doesnt taste like it used to. almost as if the flavors marinaded into it.

so I haven't really decided if they need steeping or if i just don't like what I picked, or if i need to thoroughly clean my atomizer before and after each flavor switch.

or maybe all the juices need to steep? still I dont know because I read that some people don't believe in steeping.

I suppose i need to go find the thread on how to clean my cig so i can get my original flavor back!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry you are having such a tough time with it.....How long have you been vaping? some of us experience a 'thing' with the taste buds.....sometimes they get on overload and nothing tastes right.....some have suggested brushing your teeth, some gargle with salt water, some try menthol??? Also you might find that when your taste buds start 'waking up' after years of abuse with analogs, that nothing tastes the same....and what you did like you no longer do....
it has been my experience that some flavors do need time to blend together.....kinda like meatloaf always tastes better the 2nd day.lol
hang in there......and soak the atties in either hot water or vodka or alcohol
:)

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I always notice an after taste from ANY juice that has toffee or caramel in it. For the first month or so I vaped it ok but was still a bit put off by 'something about it'. Then about 3 weeks or a month ago I developed a very strong aversion to it. I got to the point where smelling it was nauseating me. I started vaping unflavored and did that for about a week and then slowly started going back to flavors that didn't have that toffee/caramel component in it. I'm doing ok now with mild tobacco flavors (usa mix) and a few very light fruits..but I don't think I will ever be able to handle those particular flavors that mentioned again..I still have several bottles of juice that I can't handle, at some point will unload them on classifieds I guess..

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Always taste stuff like cinnamon last. Cinnamon and other spice flavors are very hard to get out of an atty. And it does not matter if you switch carts - there is still juice from the previous cart on and in the atomizer. You can try blowing out the atty in between but it can still be hard. What some people do is buy flavorless 0 nic juice (like plain PG) and blow out the atty, then prime with flavorless and vape that off, then try the next juice. And most people use a manual battery and a drip tip for testing juices instead of filling carts with test juices.

Another option is blue foam stuffing for the cart and rinse/pat dry the stuffing between trying juices. But you still need to get the old flavor out of the atty.

A flavor like cinnamon can stick so much that it be even be hard to wash out of an atty. So some people use a separate atomizer for it, and a more common option would be if you have decided you like a juice with cinnamon, use it in a cartomizer so it doesn't need a separate atomizer.

Last edited:

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
The first couple of weeks certain flavors just didn't do it for me and trying to clean out the atties was becoming a chore. I found that my tase buds were coming back and it did get better after the 2nd week- I even liked a couple I thought were horrible at first. Some juice needs to steep and some doesn't. Best way to know is by asking the vendor. most will assist you and give you an idea of what their juice needs to taste right

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
I also started a new thread with this same post

I found out at least 2 errors on this mornings new juice test.

1)I did not clean out the previous liquid from the cartridges very well because I did not realize that the mouthpiece came off the cartride. once i figured that out i just exploded the ... end of the cigaratte and soaked the cartridge, foam, mouthpiece and atty seperately in a mug of scalding hot watter for about 5 min, changed the water, soaked some more and throughly dried all pieces.

2) Was when I refilled them. I didnt realize that the newly cleaned filling wicked up the pooled liquid after re-capping;-- leaving none left for the atty to burn (which resulted in the disgusting burnt flavor)
That mistake was made becuase I was constantly topping off the same cartridge with the same liquid for the past week and never letting it run dry

After finding the error in my ways I retested 2 of the 5 liquids with much better results and am much happier with my purchase thus far!!!

(please excuse my spelling errors I have become rather dependant on spellcheck these past few years!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread