Taste vs Value... help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadeeyedgirl

Feb 7, 2010
Michigan
So I've gone through pages and pages of reviews by you guys (by the way, thanks for that!) and I'm having a bit of a tough time finding exactly what I'm looking for. Apologies if this is a redundant topic.

So, I'm a broke college student. My one vice is my e-cig, and it is really the only thing I spend money on (other than bills, food, tuition, etc). I'm a bit of a penny-pincher and I'm always looking for a decent bargain.

Now, I've seen lots of reviews for juice that people say is fantabulous and amazingtastical. I go to the site, and find out that its a bajillion dollars and they only sell 100ml bottles. Then I find a site with cheap juice, and all the reviews here say that all the juices taste like mop water and concrete.

Sorry, enough with the dramatic exaggerations. But you get the idea?

So I've been on a quest to discover a delicious yet affordable juice.

I prefer to stick to sites that sell smaller bottles. I've found many sites that have good deals on 30ml bottles, but that's honestly too big for me. I want to be able to determine if I like a flavor first without shelling out the big bucks. And they don't even have to be tiny little 3ml ones. I got a few from Strictlyejuice that were 10ml for $4.25 each, which is just fine for me. I like the flavors, but I've heard that there is better.

I've been battling over purchasing from V4L because they look good, but I don't like paying 7 bucks for shipping if my purchase only comes to $10.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but there has gotta be more companies out there that have a good balance of tasty flavors without making me invest more than I'm willing.

Help? Thanks :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Delicious and affordable = Tasty Vapor.

Buy the doubler and the corresponding nicotine liquid and mix them to make 150ml (5oz) of liquid for $30 (less if you get the weekly special). Cheap and wonderful.
Link: Tasty Vapor

EDIT: Sorry! Just read your post again, and saw you didn't want to invest in a big bottle, but honesty, you can't go wrong here. You'll be able to sell it on the classifieds on ECF if you don't like it... fast. I've yet to sample one that wasn't good... maybe not my favorite, but still very vapable. Geoff will help you via chat to make up exactly what you want as well.

Try the classifieds to buy small amounts of inexpensive liquids first before you buy.

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I applaud your intention to purchase small bottles at this early stage in your vaping career. You need to experiment to find the flavors (and suppliers) you like. The downside is that larger quantities are more cost-effective, both because of the better pricing on 30-ml bottles and to spread out the impact of shipping costs. ~$6 per order is typical.

As Hellen says, Tasty Vapor is the most cost-effective (and appropriately named) e-liquid, other than DIY. But Geoff doesn't sell samplers ... and has very little in the way of tobacco flavors. [Although I suspect that I got a bad batch, the Tobacco e-liquid and doubler I received from him a few months ago was tasteless. To this day, I believe he forgot to add in the flavoring. All other flavors have been excellent.]

I've been reading some very positive things about Viking Vapor and its USA-made juice. Very good price on 30-ml bottles: $10 (i.e., 33 cents per ml) and they also sell 7.5-ml size for $3 (40 cents per ml). These prices beat even China suppliers of mediocre Dekang e-liquid and without the outrageous* $15+ shipping costs (VV's is the typical six bucks).

* but understandable (it is coming from China after all)

NHaler's USA-made e-liquid is supposed to be very good and Drew has 6-ml sampler-size bottles for $4. I haven't purchased from NHaler recently (for no reason reflecting negatively on NHaler), but the shipping used to be $10. Don't know if it is still that high.

Good Prophets has just introduced a line of USA-made e-liquid: 30-ml for $18 and 3-ml samplers for $2.20: not bad for USA e-liquid. And free shipping on all orders over $30. I know nothing yet about the quality of the juice. The supplier is first-rate.

kackourey

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Warminster Pa
Delicious and affordable = Tasty Vapor.

Buy the doubler and the corresponding nicotine liquid and mix them to make 150ml (5oz) of liquid for $30 (less if you get the weekly special). Cheap and wonderful.
Link: Tasty Vapor

EDIT: Sorry! Just read your post again, and saw you didn't want to invest in a big bottle, but honesty, you can't go wrong here. You'll be able to sell it on the classifieds on ECF if you don't like it... fast. I've yet to sample one that wasn't good... maybe not my favorite, but still very vapable. Geoff will help you via chat to make up exactly what you want as well.

Try the classifieds to buy small amounts of inexpensive liquids first before you buy.

you didnt help him but you helped me.....

jadeeyedgirl check out
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/81129-sampler-pack-me.html

Hellen, doublers are 4oz bottles so mixing it with 1oz 100mg nic would make it 20mg 5oz...the doublers are 15 dollars right now no shipping. Where can I get the 1oz 100mg nic for 15?

Also should i get the doubler all PG or 70PG/30VG?
The nic what ratio should I get that?

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
My advice is to try some cartomizers. They give big bang for buck til you can be more specific re what your looking for in a ecig flavor.
You can also refil cartos and they last a fairly long time and then dont have to buy atomizers as well.

If saving money is top priority then DIY and learning/researching on forums is way to go IMO.:)

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
......so far I've tried 9 different stores

Best taste to value I've found is most defiantly tasty vapor.....followed by Mr. T's
There are Lots of 100 some odd flavors from china really cheap eliquid suppliers but the taste really isnt there at least not for me.

Find it kinda funny TV wont make small bottles b/c he makes stuff when you order...and Ms.T wont make Big bottles b/c she makes stuff when you order. o0

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
you didnt help him but you helped me.....

jadeeyedgirl check out
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/81129-sampler-pack-me.html

Hellen, doublers are 4oz bottles so mixing it with 1oz 100mg nic would make it 20mg 5oz...the doublers are 15 dollars right now no shipping. Where can I get the 1oz 100mg nic for 15?

Also should i get the doubler all PG or 70PG/30VG?
The nic what ratio should I get that?
Glad I helped someone... that's what I get for trying to help as hubby is yacking in my ear about what is on TV.

100mg nic liquid can be found at Untitled Document <- XtremeVaping link)at a good price. Just be very careful (especially if you have children or pets at home!!) and educate yourself about using it before it arrives. Consider a locking box to store it and elbow length gloves, mask, etc. when mixing which can be found in the camera section at Walmart, Target and other stores for about $15-20 and made by Vaultz). Also, might want to check out this thread for some helpful info on storing and safety gear http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/73978-storing-100mg-nicotine.html

For me, VG is great in a mix (30%) for nice vapor. You can always add your own later if you go for straight PG.

I always just bought the highest Nic level that Geoff offers (48mg) which is flavored to the corresponding Doubler, so I can mix any strength I want. Since his stuff is sooooo tasty, mixing a bit lower than normal nic level can be good since it is hard to put down the PV since it is so yummy I find myself chain vaping it. Ha

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
Honestly I would go with Vapor4Life - for $2.66 ($2.95 - 10% Discount with Code : SMILIN) you can try a TON of flavors and figure out what TYPES of flavors you like to vape and then go on from there.

And types of flavors DO matter. I am a COFFEE FIEND but I have found that I do not like vaping coffee flavors 8-o

I know s&h is $6.95 is a lot if you just want to buy a pack of cartos of a bottle of juice but if you find a flavor you like from them their 30ml bottles are $11.25 ($12.50 - 10% Discount) + 6.95 = $18.20

That REALLY isn't bad as one of my favorite supplies charges $17 for their 30ml bottles and there is no discount and their shipping is $4.95

jadeeyedgirl

Feb 7, 2010
Michigan
Honestly I would go with Vapor4Life - for $2.66 ($2.95 - 10% Discount with Code : SMILIN) you can try a TON of flavors and figure out what TYPES of flavors you like to vape and then go on from there.

And types of flavors DO matter. I am a COFFEE FIEND but I have found that I do not like vaping coffee flavors 8-o

I know s&h is $6.95 is a lot if you just want to buy a pack of cartos of a bottle of juice but if you find a flavor you like from them their 30ml bottles are $11.25 ($12.50 - 10% Discount) + 6.95 = $18.20

That REALLY isn't bad as one of my favorite supplies charges $17 for their 30ml bottles and there is no discount and their shipping is $4.95

Once this semester ends and I start working more, I'll probably splurge at V4L and place an order large enough to justify the shipping. Or if they ever offer a free shipping deal... I'll place an order that day! :D

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
If TV and Ms. T's don't work out for you and you're good with math, you may want to try a little DIY. Just be careful and use proper safety when doing it. That's probably the cheapest in the long run, but you have to accept you're going to have some pretty icky experiments to begin with. Then again, menthol covers everything. LOL

And you may just want to peruse the classifieds and buy some things from there. Cheap way to try before you make a larger investment.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
Lets not forget the original intent of this thread was to find cheap liquid that still tastes good. Here's a chart of the suppliers mentioned so far with the cost per ml for large (30-50ml) bottles and sample (10ml & under) bottles. If you're going to compare price, that's the only accurate way to do it.
Code:
Shop			$/ml Large	$/ml Sample 
---------------------------------------------------
Viking Vapor		  .34		  .40
Tasty Vapor		  .50		  ***
Nhaler			.60~.74		.67~.84
Good Prophets		  .60		  .74
Vapor Country		  ***		  .50
Ms. T's Bakery		  .77		  .84
Vapor 4 Life		  .42		  .54
Strictly e Juice	  .34		  .70
Rocky Mountain Vapor	  .44		  .60

Those are just the shops suggested in this thread. It might be interesting to do up a chart for all the juice suppliers.

silverslayer

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
wisconsin
So I've gone through pages and pages of reviews by you guys (by the way, thanks for that!) and I'm having a bit of a tough time finding exactly what I'm looking for. Apologies if this is a redundant topic.

So, I'm a broke college student. My one vice is my e-cig, and it is really the only thing I spend money on (other than bills, food, tuition, etc). I'm a bit of a penny-pincher and I'm always looking for a decent bargain.

Now, I've seen lots of reviews for juice that people say is fantabulous and amazingtastical. I go to the site, and find out that its a bajillion dollars and they only sell 100ml bottles. Then I find a site with cheap juice, and all the reviews here say that all the juices taste like mop water and concrete.

Sorry, enough with the dramatic exaggerations. But you get the idea?

So I've been on a quest to discover a delicious yet affordable juice.

I prefer to stick to sites that sell smaller bottles. I've found many sites that have good deals on 30ml bottles, but that's honestly too big for me. I want to be able to determine if I like a flavor first without shelling out the big bucks. And they don't even have to be tiny little 3ml ones. I got a few from Strictlyejuice that were 10ml for $4.25 each, which is just fine for me. I like the flavors, but I've heard that there is better.

I've been battling over purchasing from V4L because they look good, but I don't like paying 7 bucks for shipping if my purchase only comes to $10.

Maybe I'm being too picky, but there has gotta be more companies out there that have a good balance of tasty flavors without making me invest more than I'm willing.

Help? Thanks :)

If you like Cinnamon, I'd pretty much stake my life that you'd love Atomic Cinnacide from Tasty Vapor. I can also vouch that the Tasty Finger isn't bad either. He however does not sell any thing smaller that 30ML. But the Atomic Cinnacide is on sale right now as we speak for ten dollars. It taste like big red gum.

jadeeyedgirl

Feb 7, 2010
Michigan
I'd love to try basically all of these and probably will eventually. I was about to order a couple samples of Viking until I saw that shipping was $6 flat rate, which means I'll have to hold off on that. I really just wanna try a little of all at the moment (which makes high flat-rate shipping annoying!) so both Viking and NHaler are out for the moment.

Maybe I'm just very spoiled with Volcano's cheap shipping or Strictly's free shipping but just the thought of shelling out 6 or 10 bucks when I just want a couple samples is annoying. Just... charge me what it'll cost you to ship it! /rant

A lot of the other companies look great but have small issues that'll probably cross them off my list. Ms. T's looks amazing but their lowest nic level is 14mg, and I try and stick to under 12 if possible. Too much throat hit otherwise.

I'm still looking, though. I know I eventually will place orders at V4L, Viking, and TV once I get a bit more dough (or there is free shipping, or if TV decides to make small bottles).

Seriously... you guys have been the biggest help :)

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
$6 flat shipping is not expensive. A USPS flat rate shipping box is $5, and an extra $1 for bubble wrap and a trip to the post office is hardly gouging. I'd much prefer honest shipping charges to free shipping gimmicks where they just get their money back through higher product prices.

Besides, even if you only get 5 7.5ml bottles from VV, the cost per ml with shipping still comes out to only 56 cents. That's significantly cheaper than Strictly e juice's sample bottles even with free shipping. And the more bottles you get, the cost per ml keeps going down.

JohnnyVapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lets not forget the original intent of this thread was to find cheap liquid that still tastes good. Here's a chart of the suppliers mentioned so far with the cost per ml for large (30-50ml) bottles and sample (10ml & under) bottles. If you're going to compare price, that's the only accurate way to do it.
Code:
Shop			$/ml Large	$/ml Sample 
---------------------------------------------------
Viking Vapor		  .34		  .40
Tasty Vapor		  .50		  ***
Nhaler			.60~.74		.67~.84
Good Prophets		  .60		  .74
Vapor Country		  ***		  .50
Ms. T's Bakery		  .77		  .84
Vapor 4 Life		  .42		  .54
Strictly e Juice	  .34		  .70
Rocky Mountain Vapor	  .44		  .60

Those are just the shops suggested in this thread. It might be interesting to do up a chart for all the juice suppliers.

Exactly this. While sampling will find you juices you like, buying in bulk will save you the dollars. For an example from another vendor I frequent, Myfreedomsmokes sells 24mg juice in a 10ml bottle for $5.95($0.60/ml), which is a bit high, but not bad for sampling. If you like a flavor, you can pick up a 500ml bottle for less than half the price per ml($0.26/ml). Not to mention that having a 500ml bottle of smoke juice is an impressive sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread