Tastebuds Are Lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwillings

ECF Veteran
I've noticed in the past two weeks now that some of the flavors that I am vaping taste really weak to me. And just to make sure it wasn't just me I had some of friends try some of my juices and they all said that they could taste the flavors really strong. I tend to stick to fruit flavors such as Grape, Fruit Punch and Peach. I am a heavy vapor so I am just curious if my frequency of vaping these liquids is what's causing my taste buds to lie to me? Has anyone else had an issue with this? Also does anyone have any recommendations on how I can get my taste buds awaken again?

dwillings

ECF Veteran
Have any cappuccino? Something heavier?

Actually no I'm looking into buying something "non-sweet" but I don't know what to get. I've tried 555 but it's just not for me. I'm trying to stay away from tobacco flavors because I'm afraid it may kick in that urge to have the "real thing". I'm not a coffee drinker so I don't know how I would actually like coffee and cappuccino flavors. Any recommendations?

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
I find mints and menthols are very good for clearing the palate, too. No matter whether you were a menthol smoker or not, btw. Lots of the people I have started out with their first e-cig chose menthol or mint as their favorite, even though the didn't like menthol cigs.
If you want to try a good cappuccino, try dawn's. It is very good, and on the sweet side. Some of the others are very hard to get.
Janty is heavier, very good too, but hard to come by. I usually make my own by combining lorann coffee and lorann keoki.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
I have the same thing happen if I vape one flavor too often too, especially sweeter stuff. I break it up with something really neutral like ecopure regular or fresh.
After a few hours of that I can taste the other flavors again.

I also find that if I've accidentally gotten even a small amount of juice in my mouth it can deaden my sense of taste for a bit.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I have found that I can definitely wear my taste buds out on a flavor. Then I just have to put it away for a few days and come back to it later.

I'm finding this too and only recently, after 6 solid months of vaping. But in my case, I can taste my liquid (usually a tobacco flavor) all day long and lose it a couple of hours after dinner. In the morning, the liquid I couldn't taste comes right back to normal. I even tried brushing and mouth wash thinking the PG was drying out my taste buds. Nope. Or yes, and it takes a while to come back? But then I wouldn't taste the 'new' flavor and I can.

While this is just mildly annoying, it makes me wonder what exactly we are doing to our taste buds and what long term effects vaping may do.

boredoutofmynut

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
yeah i am a heavy vapour aswell u hav to alternate sweet with tobaco i think
but what concerns me is the drying of throat
have u got the juikce on ur fingers it starts peelin aftger a while
i think thats whats happenin to the throat and it feels dry
please some one comment its doin my head in cant be good
nicitine peel to throat

Sidora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I got juice spilling on my fingers all the time and it never peels my skin. But when i vape too much in a day sometimes my throat will feel a bit dry the next day, but nothing compared to my analog smoking days. Also be sure to not use the same cart for too long (like anything moist, bacterias forms after a while). After 4 days i usually clean my cart and change the filling.

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I got juice spilling on my fingers all the time and it never peels my skin. But when i vape too much in a day sometimes my throat will feel a bit dry the next day, but nothing compared to my analog smoking days. Also be sure to not use the same cart for too long (like anything moist, bacterias forms after a while). After 4 days i usually clean my cart and change the filling.

PG should deal with the bacteria problem - unless you're using VG. It's has bactericidal and fungicidal properties.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
While this is just mildly annoying, it makes me wonder what exactly we are doing to our taste buds and what long term effects vaping may do.

I don't think it's doing anything to our taste buds - taste buds only register sweet, sour, bitter and salty, not the difference in flavors.

It's your sense of SMELL that gets used to the flavor and why it starts to diminish. Ever see those plug-in air fresheners that alternate between scents? They do that because, after a while, you can't smell the one scent. Same reason why people with animals can't smell the odor in their house.

The fruit flavors are pretty much registering the same on your taste buds, so switching to a dramatically different flavor for a bit will bring the flavors out again. If you don't like coffee, try a vanilla, mint, nut or chocolate flavor for a while, then switch back to your fruit flavors.

Nhaler has a nice Pralines & Cream, French Vanilla Coffee (not a strong coffee at all), Peanut Butter Cup and Mint Chocolate Chip you could try. He also has Pumpkin pie for the holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread