Status
Not open for further replies.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
There's a supplier here in the US selling tasteless e-liquid in all different strengths and I was curious if this might be okay to use for DIY e-liquid instead of trying to find PG.

Do you think it would be okay to just mix this tasteless liquid with flavoring or would you need to add something more to the mix?

Foxy

Edit: The supplier is http://www.digitalsmoker.com . I have yet to buy anything from them so I'm not sure what their reputation is like...

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I recall someone else here looking for the tasteless juice to mix flavors with. Since it's PG, it should work out fine. The only reason most probably don't do that is because buying regular PG is probably cheaper.

The upside is.....the tasteless one has nic (if you want it) whereas regular PG doesn't.

I also think some add a dab of distilled water or something to thin the regular PG out a bit....but someone who actually does that would probably have to answer.

Lu

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I see that the list of flavours they carry is almost identical to the list that e-cig.com china site shows. Which might be just coincidence. Any idea if they are actually the same? (Mind you, e-cig China tasteless does show to be a lot better for the atomiser then other, especially fruit-, flavours from there - still, there might be better tasteless around so I'm curious to know if digital-smoker perhaps gets it's liquid from a different manufacturer then e-cig china does)?

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
I wonder though katnik, who supplies e-cig.com's liquid. There seems to be only a few manufacturers in china who supply to all the manufacturers. I think Pillbox said once that there were 4 and yo-han also mentioned that he thought these guys made the majority.

ooo. they have litchi flavor. yum yum.

Foxy

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Ecig.com eliquid is reputed to be an atomiser killer and Knutselpeter's residue tests showed a lot of crud left after the liquid had been burned off. This is not the same as other suppliers such as Janty and Sedansa.

I'd love to get my hands on liquid nicotine diluted with nothing but propylene glycol or glycerine. All the other additives and flavourings are what I think are causing me sensitivity problems at the moment.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Ecig.com eliquid is reputed to be an atomiser killer and Knutselpeter's residue tests showed a lot of crud left after the liquid had been burned off. This is not the same as other suppliers such as Janty and Sedansa.

I'd love to get my hands on liquid nicotine diluted with nothing but propylene glycol or glycerine. All the other additives and flavourings are what I think are causing me sensitivity problems at the moment.

do you think this digital smoker supplier is getting their liquid from the same manufacturer as ecig.com??

i wish there were some way to find out. i doubt the suppliers would be willing to divulge the companies that supply them...

Foxy

Satire

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Texas
Amen to that one, perhaps is we get enough people asking for it someone will make it, isolating nicotine is time consuming and can be dangerous if not handled carefully, and trying to find pure nicotine was what led me to the e-cig world because I had given up hope on chem suppliers and had heard about nicotine being sold in solution and an hour or so later I found this forum (point being that I couldn't find a source of isolated nic). Though requests for ingredient lists have fallen on the deaf ears of the suppliers, surely customers asking for a product that costs the same but is easier and cheaper for them to make will get someone to put it on the market. If not, I suppose I could make a batch (alkaloid extractions from plants was how I got into chemistry to begin with, it's second nature now) for myself and whoever doesn't have time/rescources to make their own (a small fee to cover ingredient costs of course ^_^). It would also be the first step towards eliquids made exclusively with safe ingredients (and a public list of ingredients!). However, we shall see what time allows, I only have a limited number of sleepless nights to devote to this before back-to-school on jan 20th. If there are at least a few people who would want it, I can make it happen, I'm sure my dad would like to see a "real purpose" (aka money or measurable progress of some sort) to my chem experiments, "I'm practicing lab techniques and learning life skills" doesn't seem to bode well.

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
I've also been on a quest for flavorless liquid. I can tell you this, you will NOT get it anywhere except from China. Also, they (I say they, meaning the 4-5 suppliers I'm working with) don't really want to do it. Maybe if you want to buy 20 gallons at a time someone will deal with you. The way I figure it, if you really want it, you have to be willing to by in quantities that are unreasonable to either consume or sell.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Not sure if this has been posted already but I noticed today that Royal Smokers are selling .5kg bottles of no flavour liquid

Electronic Cigarette Portal Liquid flavour

Only 4 of them together though; so total 2.4 liter.
And as to a supplier willing to help: look at the thread below, posts 12 to 17 :)
Will take enough people interested wanting to share such an order though before it would be ordered, as it's out of the usual.
(I could pay for one or perhaps two of a required order-batch of min. 4 bottles myself)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nthol-ry04-coffee-royalsmokers-now-stock.html

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Good! Also different strengths, if required, possible then I suppose? (I will want highest possible, seeing it's for mixing my own liquid-tastes with it)

I'd go in on that with you katink, definitely up for one bottle. Could go to two as well if there wasn't anyone else interested.
Great Scrubadub! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread