Tastes Great - Less Fill-ing...Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Sorry, but this slogan was somewhat funny, to me at least, so had to make a thread... perhaps I am easily amused...

If any newbs are frustrated and hate carts like I did, perhaps take one and do this...

Pulled out the cart filling

Cut 1/3 to 1/2 off

Put it back in, allows more liquid.

Tastes better, more smoke, lasts longer...

I may be back on the Cart wagon again... and off the cartomizers...

The ink pen spring cart mod mentioned in this thread does seem better however... but it is working fine for me right now...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...647-remove-part-fiber-filling-cartridges.html

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
But how do you keep the contact between the filling and the atomizer wick? I thought that was the point of the spring in the constant drip mod...

I haven't had an issue with it yet... The spring mod does seem better though... I just don't have a spring handy... lol. It seems to work fine for now...

Just wanted a catchy headline for newbs that are frustrated with the carts to look at.... like me...

R1ppy

Oct 21, 2010
Salt Lake City
Yea, I vaped for maybe a week before I got sick of normal carts. Found the spring mod and thought all was well but then realized there is still allot of trial and error involved in getting the right amount of filler to use and where to put the spring. I recently realized I was pulling my cart off to tinker with it every 5-10 vapes so I said screw it and started dripping. I might try your non-spring mod and see how it compares.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Well, all I know is this - I had nothing to lose as I find the standard cart useless - or close. Couple of good puffs, then ack. I may tinker with it some...

The "best" solution seems to me a light coil spring that extends the entire length of the cart... that is wide enough...where you can put a thin layer of filler on the top of it. That would seem to resolve all issues. It would need to be a thin spring to leave room for a lot of juice though...

Need the perfect strength/size/width/length of spring.... and viola... perfect cart...

That spring must exist.... somewhere...:confused:

Last edited:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
Highping's Cart Mod is pretty much what you're describing. Works great, it doesn't seem like it should work, and idk why, or how it works... It just works.... still cant hold enough juice for me to get away from dripping and carto dripping really seems to be the answer for me..... But I am a fan of Highping's simple cart mod, works like a charm!

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Highping's Cart Mod is pretty much what you're describing. Works great, it doesn't seem like it should work, and idk why, or how it works... It just works.... still cant hold enough juice for me to get away from dripping and carto dripping really seems to be the answer for me..... But I am a fan of Highping's simple cart mod, works like a charm!

Well, thanks for sharing that with me earlier!!! ha... lol

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Anyhow... someone needs to find ONE spring... from something... that fits into a cart... right length...very light spring with low pressure... and everyone will have the perfect cart...with zero hassle.

I know it exists...somewhere...

Perfect spring would be slightly smaller than diameter of a cart...slightly shorter to allow for a small filler amount......very light coil....

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Heck I don't know, I am a total technical tard! lol. My job is to think big!!! That is the other perhaps better method included in my original thread on this... Ball point pen spring mod...

I agree, if the filler could be attached to the cart and kept at the top somehow - that would seem to be the best solution. However, not sure how this could be done...

The simplest way seems to be to make the filler like a filter...and make sure some of it is over the top of the cart...that way... when you insert the cart into the atomizer...it can't move. Even a few threads will prevent it from moving when inserted...But there has to be a better way to accomplish this...

Last edited:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
What I do, with the aforementioned Highping cart mod, is take new polly fill, cut to size of my cart, cut in half, fold that half in half (so it's real thick like) and that stays at the top with no attachment, the atty bridge pushes it down to the perfect level to make contact, and the filler stays wet and vapes down to (almost) the last drop....

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
What I do, with the aforementioned Highping cart mod, is take new polly fill, cut to size of my cart, cut in half, fold that half in half (so it's real thick like) and that stays at the top with no attachment, the atty bridge pushes it down to the perfect level to make contact, and the filler stays wet and vapes down to (almost) the last drop....

That seems almost the same as me taking out the filler and cutting it in half and putting it back in... LOL

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
This entire thing could be easily resolved at the manufacturing level. This is very simple. Place a wire tray 1/3 down the cart for the filler to sit on and mold it into the plastic cart. Problem solved. I just do not understand. Chinese are supposed to be brilliant engineers ....I have no engineering ability of any kind... and this is what they came up with?

I thought of a better cart in less than 10 minutes.

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
but... They would have to change the mfg process, which is expensive to do, and they would have to actually fill the 'pre-filled' carts they sell, and they would sell alot fewer pre-filled carts, since the carts would have that much more juice per cart and, I think, more people who are currently buying the prefills would realize how much better refilling is... So they (the Chinese mfgs) aren't going to improve the design in a way that may negatively impact their sales...

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
I fail to see the difference for filling. Simply make a wire "tray" embedded into the plastic in the cart for the filler to rest on. Pre-filled or not, makes no difference. All you have to do is fill the cart and place the filler on the tray. More juice, better, simple...

Regardless, it doesn't exist. Why people try and mod it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread