Tasty Puff Flavorings Detailed Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
I have finally ordered and tested some of the Tasty Puff flavors! Below you will find a comprehensive methodology and review of my opinions. Be aware that taste, both flavor and perceived strength/concentration are subjective. I have a fairly good palate even when I was a smoker. Still there are things that I will be able to detect that others won’t and vice versa. I like to taste my juice and I don’t want to try and figure out if I am really tasting this or that. I do like my juice to have stronger flavors. The ratios are based on what the relative current strengths are for a majority of the commercially available juices that I have tried. I have found some to be lacking for my tastes and that is why I decided to go the DIY rout. That being said, I tried to keep the taste of the general public in mind and what the average strengths are available in juices when making my recommendations. You will have to adjust to your taste (Duh) but I think this is a good starting point.

Method
I used a 510 atty (2.0 ohms) used for dripping on a box mod utilizing a single 14500 3.7V 900mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery, freshly charged. The atty was cleaned between flavors by vaping till there was little or no flavor left. Then 2(two) drops of 100% PG (no nic) were applied directly to the bridge of the atty and allowed to soak in to the coil & wick assembly. The bridge was blotted dry till no fluid appeared on the paper towel. Again 2(two) more drops were applied to the bridge and allowed to soak in again followed by blotting till no fluid appeared on the paper towel. Then, 1(one) drop of PG and vaped till no perceived flavor remained followed by a final blotting till no liquid appeared. There were a few instances where I needed to repeat the final step to insure that no flavor remained.
Ratios were measured using a standard insulin needle with 1/100 ml markings for accuracy. The base liquid used to mix with the flavorings was flavorless nic juice at 18mg/ml, 50% PG and 50% VG.
NO STEEP TIME was utilized during this review! Keep in mind that Tasty Puff flavors strengthen with steep time (sometimes dramatically) as has been reported before in this thread.

Results
Nilly Vanilla 5% max., 4/5 Not dissimilar to most of the vanilla flavors out there.

Electric Banana 5-7%, 4/5 Like the candy, not much like the fruit.

Jungle Juice 5%, 5/5 Just like Hawaiian Punch but somehow better.

Pimpy Freash Peach 5-10%, 5/5 Lightest flavor that I tried but very good.

California Orange 5% or 5%+, 5/5 Just like Tang. If the astronauts could vape…

Chick Magnet Cherry 5%, 4/5 Still trying to find a real cherry. Like all the others that I have tried. I like cherry and don’t mind the cough syrup taste, gives a better TH.

Mang Tango 5%, 3/5 This is as real to really over ripe mango as I have found. If you like mangos and ever had one that is over ripe, well, it has that taste of ..... Too pungent.

Puckered Up Pineapple 5% +, 4/5 The most real pineapple that I have found.

Crazy Coconut 5%, 5/5 Again a true to the fruit flavor as I seem to have found.

Lemon Lime Kamakazi 3-5% max., 5/5 You can actually taste the lemon AND the lime.

Blueberry Thrill 3-5%, 4/5 This one is a little stronger and I would have given 5/5 but it has a perfumery after taste. Probably definitely don’t use at stronger than 5%.

Ghetto Grape 5%+, 2-3/5 This was the biggest disappointment and had a paraffin/waxy aftertaste but it was the closest to a real grape I have come across.

Convicted Melon 5%+, 5/5 Closest to a real watermelon without that artificial taste.

Strawberry Cough 5%, 3/5 There is a slightly artificial taste but something different… there are much better strawberry flavorings out there.

Chronic Hypnotic 5%, 10/5. Unreal! Must have! Can’t describe. Everyone will taste something different. If I tried you all would get hypnotized. My chronic vape now! I was debating on including this in the review as I don’t want it to go out of stock.

Conclusion
These are most but not all of the flavors that Tasty Puff has and I was pleasantly surprised out how good they are in general. I have ordered others and will update my findings when I have tested those out as well.
When you take into consideration the cost of a .25oz bottle and the relatively low concentrations needed to achieve good flavors, these are a bargain. Overall their flavors more accurately mimic some of the natural flavors of real fruit and some are slightly sweet negating the need to add any sweetener.
The biggest downside to these flavors is the fact that most have artificial coloring in them but it is so transparent and you are cutting them with a whole lot of base nic juice it is hardly worth mentioning. You barely notice the color and relative to LA this is nothing.

Overall two thumbs up.:thumbs:

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
Thanks Hoosier!
I have not tried Hypnotic Mist from FA as of yet. I think that I will be putting an order in for it for comparison as I have heard great things about it. Need to get some Vape Wizard so I will order them both up and do a comparison.
The remainder of the Tasty Puff flavorings that I have on order will be arriving on Monday or Tuesday and I should have a review of them soon after.

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
For whatever reason I am unable to edit the original post with the updated flavor reviews from the most recent shipment.
So here it is:

Cotton Mouth Candy 5%, 4/5 Just like all the rest of the cotton candy flavorings that I have tried.

Awesome Apple 5%, 5/5 I had to wipe the juice off the corner of my mouth. It's a Granny Smith.

Toke A Cola 5% 2/5 Nothing like cola, and there are much better cola flavors out there. BUT, it taste EXACTLY like the home made, sour dough cinnimon buns that my wife made the other night. I mean exactly. It would get a 5/5 for a cinnabon cinnamon roll but it aint no cola. Very much like fresh ground cinnamon not like the candy.

Rippin Rasberry 3% 2/5 Not much like any rasberry I have ever tasted. It tasted too perfumey.

Power Plant Pomegranite 10% 2/5 Can't place this flavor but it is somewhat like the fruit and again too perfumey.

Chumpy Chocolate 3-5% 3-4/5 I could swear I went Coo Coo for coco puffs. Just like the cereal not a whole lot like the bar.

Rasta Rootbeer 5% 5/5 Now that's root beer! The most accurate root beer I've tried. I like root beer.

Sweet Leaf 5% 5/5 Cant put any finger on this other than pot laced passion fruit? Good though.

That's it for all that I will be testing of the Tasty Puff Flavors as is. I WILL however make up batches of all the ones that I have tested and let them steep a bit to see how the flavors may change and get back to you all when I'm done. Any one that has picked up some of the flavors that I have reviewed PLEASE chime in and give your opinions.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread