Tasty Vapor and Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDev78

Oct 15, 2010
Northern NJ
I have read often of certain juices cracking polycarbonate tanks, but never experienced this for myself....until now. The sad part of this story is that it the culprit was Key Lime Pie, which is one of my favorite juices. In NO WAY will this stop me from vaping it(just need a metal or glass tank), but i'm curious....have any of TV's juices cracked your tanks?

Odium

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
TX
Not cracked but AC does make the inside of the clear Ce2's become very cloudy after only one use, though other cinnamon vapes eat right through tanks so it's no biggie.... I use a glass tank now and I'm very happy!

Photo of what happened to a few of my ce2's with certain liquids! (not liquids from TV)

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/hookerheaders84/2011-08-10162334.jpg

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Tanks = Cheap plastic. Tanks might seem like a good idea to some, however, China has yet to invest in chemical resistant plastics for their tanks as it's considerably more expensive than the plastic they're using. They hype it up to the vendors, the vendors buy tons, hype it up to you and voila, the complaints ensue and the vendor is stuck with the reputation that rightfully belongs to the cheap Chinese who only care about making maximum dollar and keeping overhead down.

If it's really important to see the liquid in the fill material from the outside, sadly, you should also become accustomed to cracking, breaking, leaking, etc., etc., etc.

I guess with how I'm vaping, it was easy for me to begin to get wrapped up in the "next big thing" China is dumping on us every month, until my sensibility kicked in and I really had to think "how important is it to have that?" "Is this practical?" "does this increase portability?" and on, and on. Finally, I just settled into basic stuff, because really, it's not about getting caught up in a trend, it's about keeping it simple and just very much enjoying using a product that's kept me away from the coffin nails for....eh, see below.

Last edited:

NJDev78

Oct 15, 2010
Northern NJ
Heya Geoff,

You make some excellent points, but a tank for my purposes is less about visuals and more about capacity and convenience. It is certainly not ideal for all people or circumstances. I am a pretty hardcore chain vaper(workin on that) and a tank provides me with a maintenance/supply - free day.
That being said, I hope you will accept it as a compliment that I will be purchasing glass or steel in order to accommodate this particular kick-... juice.

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
I just ordered a couple of the Vision cartos for use with TV's AC and so far the first one is working great. It reminds me of the ego tank system but the wicking is much better. I don't have much luck with any of the cartos that contain filler.. they just don't last very long for me. Either I burn them or they start to get over-saturated and won't hold much juice and the draw drops off considerably. These Visions use the wick component but do not contain filler. I guess the test will be to see how long I can use this without tossing it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had a clearomizer that literally fell apart in my hands 10 minutes after filling it with Strawberry Lemonade from another vendor. This experience encouraged me to do some research on this topic. There currently is a thread concerning a list of juices and ingredients on the main ECF that are known to crack or melt polycarbonate plastic clearomizers and tanks.

Some distributors have taken note and have begun to offer alternatives to the polycarbonate. Polypropylene is the same material that syringes are made from. Here is an example. 510 Pro DCTank Combo

Notice that the plastic is frosty, or opaque, and not clear. You can still easily see your juice level. This plastic is more expensive than the cheaper polycarbonate, but is cheaper than having to go with pyrex or glass alternatives.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Heya Geoff,

You make some excellent points, but a tank for my purposes is less about visuals and more about capacity and convenience. It is certainly not ideal for all people or circumstances. I am a pretty hardcore chain vaper(workin on that) and a tank provides me with a maintenance/supply - free day.
That being said, I hope you will accept it as a compliment that I will be purchasing glass or steel in order to accommodate this particular kick-... juice.

There is no offense at all. I'm only hoping to promote some understanding. For us to be more accommodating for people who are using tanks and provide liquids that we know won't crack tanks, we would have to re-scour flavorists, re-order tons of new flavorings and re-tweak almost every single one of our recipes all to satisfy those customers who have already been advised that the Chinese are pinching pennies by making these things with cheap, non-chemically resistant plastics.

The Chinese manufacturers would effectively succeed in pinching their pennies and we would suffer an expensive restructuring of our operation. It should be the other way around. With all of the liquids now popping up all over the world, the Chinese should be making products that would be more accommodating to the number and types of liquids now available.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
There is no offense at all. I'm only hoping to promote some understanding. For us to be more accommodating for people who are using tanks and provide liquids that we know won't crack tanks, we would have to re-scour flavorists, re-order tons of new flavorings and re-tweak almost every single one of our recipes all to satisfy those customers who have already been advised that the Chinese are pinching pennies by making these things with cheap, non-chemically resistant plastics.

The Chinese manufacturers would effectively succeed in pinching their pennies and we would suffer an expensive restructuring of our operation. It should be the other way around. With all of the liquids now popping up all over the world, the Chinese should be making products that would be more accommodating to the number and types of liquids now available.

Well said, sir!

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Polycarbonate was such a bad material choice to begin with. It's not even food-grade because of the BPA, which might very well be what some liquids are reacting to. Who wants to be vaping that?

Luckily, some of the Chinese manufacturers are starting to come around and use polymers of polypropylene, which is food-grade, and is more chemical resistant. CE4+ is one; don't know what SI is changing in theirs, but their new clearos are supposed to resist cracks and stuff as well. We may have to give up colors for awhile, until they get into copolyesters (polypropylene polymers are only available in clear unless you're OK with cloudy), but I'd rather be safe than cute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread