Tasty Vapor Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
I'm supposed to be banned from the computer this week to get spring cleaning and landscaping in order... but this deserves a post. Skip to the last two paragraphs if reading is exhausting for you.

Gribeau and I did a hyooj order together during the big Customs as FOTW event (which, with other orders thrown in, became an epic TV order way beyond what we intended and in fact, I was a bit afraid Geoff would call Gribeau and be like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO US?" lol). Most of the customs I chose were pretty tame, with my only really adventurous choice being Amaretto/Choc 712/Cherry, heavy on the Amaretto, which I split with Gribeau.

He tried it first, this weekend, and I won't copy his email here (forum rules!) but basically it was along the lines of saying that it was unvapeably harsh. So I dug my box of TV That's Aging from the cabinet and filled a carto. I didn't cough, but this is apparently because I have no nerves in my throat or gag reflex, and don't make any off color jokes about it, either. ;) It was very very harsh though.

I wasn't going to call or make a thread or anything until I thought... what if it's really 48 mg instead of 24 mg?! That would be awful, right? So I called. I got Michelle, who said it's so far past unlikely that this would happen that it's practically impossible, since if a TV mixer finds him- or herself distracted it's policy just to dump the bottle and start over. A good policy when working with nicotine, if you ask me. She also said that she wanted Geoff or Ramilya to call me back, though, since she wasn't the big boss. Not verbatim, but that was the idea.

I said it wasn't necessary, but she insisted.

A couple hours later, Ramilya called me. After an in depth discussion on the properties of Amaretto (the mix is 60%) I'm convinced that it's the Amaretto. Especially because 1) as I vaped, it got less harsh, and 2) I vaped it for 3 hours without the distinctive "icepick in temple" feeling I get from nic OD or any of the other symptoms I am less likely to share with the reading public.

Summary:

I tried a flavor. Something seemed Terribly Off about it. I contacted TV per the instructions in the sticky. Michelle was pretty sure she was right, but since I don't usually have an issue with TH and since I do vape 24mg and sometimes higher, she didn't want to just brush it off. She insisted on having Ramilya or Geoff call. When Ramilya called, I told her it was no big deal, she needn't have called, and she insisted we discuss a bit to be sure it was resolved. At no point did I feel brushed off, patronized, or as if they were rudely denying that any mistakes could have been made. In fact, I felt a bit as if they were so anxious to reassure me that I wasn't being poisoned that I started to feel a bit embarrassed.

Moral of the story? I had a concern. I approached them with it as their customer service policies dictate. I didn't demand that they deviate from policy by sending something new. I didn't address it by starting a fear-mongering thread. I just called and stated the problem and asked what they thought the cause could be. They responded promptly and went above and beyond to alleviate my concerns. And, given how concerned, receptive and polite they were, I have no doubt that if there had been a mistake or the potential for a mistake on their end, they would not have hesitated to own up. I'm not a cheerleader or a fan girl, I've had snafus with most vendors I've used, and it's how things are resolved that counts. When approached respectfully and sincerely, most decent human beings will respond in kind. And the TV team has given me every indication, every time I've had a concern or a question, that they're pretty damn decent. Thanks, y'all.

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
I didn't cough, but this is apparently because I have no nerves in my throat or gag reflex, and don't make any off color jokes about it, either.

That's not in the least bit fair, Belle. You're supposed to wait until after I've had some fun before you cut me off. :grr:

Anyhow, regarding the other content, I feel the need to provide a little backup. I personally wasn't to the point of wanting to contact TV about that mix directly since a couple of other people had access to the exact same juice but I hadn't heard any opinions about it from them. After Belle weighed in on the subject I would have, but she beat me to the punch. Still, based upon my past interactions with the TV crew, I have no doubt that I would have gotten the same sort of response.

I've seen the occasional combative complaint thread here, but I remain highly skeptical that they're necessary. My experience suggests that everyone on TV's side are friendly and want to help you, you just have to give them a fair opportunity and be reasonable. Sometimes the customer is wrong, folks. Honest. Belle and I screwed up by specifying a DIY mix with way too much of a harsh flavor. Our fault, not theirs, now we know not to get all uppity by specifying what percentage of a flavor to add unless we're really positive that we know what we're doing. :D

TV went out of their way to talk to us about what we thought was a problem but in reality was just our own ignorance, I think that speaks volumes about their dedication to customer service. I certainly don't have a single gripe.

To everyone at TV: thank you for your outstanding products and service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread