Tasty Vapor - Pralines & Cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daedalus

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Internet3
Little backstory on this review...About a month and a half ago I got one of my longtime cigarette smoking buddies to switch to vaping. He ordered a bunch of juices from Tasty Vapor in 36mG to help him quit cigs. One was Pralines & Cream and he told me it was absoultely awful. Let it age for a week with the cap off, still awful.

I try it, despite warnings not to, and it's absolutely wretched. Just tastes like burnt nuts, and the flavor won't leave! Took a lot of alcohol soaks to bring the poor atty I dropped it on to come back.

Still, I wouldn't give up on it. Since he was basically gonna toss it I offered to take it off his hands, age it further, and perhaps salvage something out of it. Two weeks pass (the juice is now almost a month old) and I try it again, what's this? The burnt nut flavor is gone?

The review:

Flavor: Bold. The first taste is strong caramel transitioning to a creamy vanilla, the exhale leaves you with a faint roasted nut flavor. It doesn't really taste like any Pralines & Cream icecream I've ever had, yet at the same time it still lives up to the name.

Vapor Production: A little lower than some of my other TV juices, but I usually get 35% VG, this is 20% to accommodate the high nic concentration.

Throat Hit: Big time throat hit, and it was actually too much before it aged enough. It has mellowed in that respect, though it's still a good kick. Moreso than my 24mg juices from TV.

Color: Opaque, dark brown with a tinge of red. Despite being a dark juice I haven't found it to clog my atties.

I continued to see significant differences in the flavor from week to week, though it's somewhat settled into what I described above in the last two weeks. It's current age is going on 6 weeks.

I'm down to the last eighth of the bottle now and am actually considering ordering some more next time I place an order at TV. From castoff nastiness to something delicious in about 4 weeks. Just goes to show that with fresh juices, sometimes it takes a long while for the flavors to develop but it's worth the wait!

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Many find this to be the case with TV Tobacco as well (although that one is made from macerated tobacco leaves so clogging might be an issue), that one needs some time to mature but I liked it from the get-go. Once it ages though its a very smooth rich tobacco flavor.
I must admit i haven't tried the pralines n cream because Im not keen on it as food either but it sounds good from your review :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread