• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tattoo Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Was reading about posters' tattoo stories in ...about your avitar thread this morning. I think there have been other stories told in other threads as well so I thought that we needed a thread devoted to tattoos.

I don't have any pics of mine but I'll enlist my neighbor's help later today.

I got my first tattoo (a butterfly) at age 42 -- it's now faded and really needs to be redone or something else put over it. It's small but the process did hurt. It's right above my right ankle, where there isn't much padding.

Then, around age 48 or 49 I got one on my left boob. It's a single rose on a stem. I wanted to cover up those stupid little blood dots that you develop as you grow older. Of course, if I kept up with that line of thinking, I'd have many, many more tats by now:)

When I get pics, I'll tell the funny stories associated with each.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
When I was 15 I got a small rose on the back of my shoulder, that is really faded and needs to be re-colored or something put over it. I'm thinking of the latter. Then when I was 17 I got two roses with Barbed wire intertwined on my left thigh. That one is staying, it means something. Then when I was 18, I got a moon and star tattoo on my ankle with a cloud weaving in and out of it. That one is my favorite and symbolizes me and my best friend from High School. She used to say "We go together like the Moon and stars". Hubby wants to get one also. He doesn't have any yet.

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
When I was 15 I got a small rose on the back of my shoulder, that is really faded and needs to be re-colored or something put over it. I'm thinking of the latter. Then when I was 17 I got two roses with Barbed wire intertwined on my left thigh. That one is staying, it means something. Then when I was 18, I got a moon and star tattoo on my ankle with a cloud weaving in and out of it. That one is my favorite and symbolizes me and my best friend from High School. She used to say "We go together like the Moon and stars". Hubby wants to get one also. He doesn't have any yet.

Do y'all not have laws against minors getting tattoos 8-o? In Alaska no one under the age of 18 can get a tattoo without a parents permission. I got one when I was 19, in Cali, it's just above my left breast and is a silver dollar size heart wrapped in a banner with my husbands initials on it. Originally it was done in shades of black, but a few years back I had it fully redone in Kelly blues and greens. I want more, but my dh doesn't want me to get anymore, he has 3 though so I don't see as he has any room to talk esp once I am back working and can pay for my own.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Do y'all not have laws against minors getting tattoos 8-o? In Alaska no one under the age of 18 can get a tattoo without a parents permission. I got one when I was 19, in Cali, it's just above my left breast and is a silver dollar size heart wrapped in a banner with my husbands initials on it. Originally it was done in shades of black, but a few years back I had it fully redone in Kelly blues and greens. I want more, but my dh doesn't want me to get anymore, he has 3 though so I don't see as he has any room to talk esp once I am back working and can pay for my own.

I was living in MO at the time. And Yes we have laws. We couldn't get them either unless we were 18 or with a parents permission. My mom went with me on my first two and signed for both of them.

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
I was living in MO at the time. And Yes we have laws. We couldn't get them either unless we were 18 or with a parents permission. My mom went with me on my first two and signed for both of them.

Wow nice mom! :cool: My mom didn't approve of tattoos, but she has since leaned more towards the opinion of they are okay as long as they are tasteful. (for her that means nothing like skulls and such, she and my dad are ministers. my dad has a tat on his bicep, I forget what animal it's of I haven't seen him in 8-9 years, but it has a banner with 'Alaska' on it and it's what swayed her opinion lol) She still thinks that a person should only get them when over 18 though lol.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Don't know that I really should be showing pics of tats...who knew that digital cameras pick up every wrinkle and imperfection...and then those are amplified when you crop a pic!! This tat was once very pretty...it needs touched up or have something put over it.

I got my ankle tattoo when I went on vacation to Key West with two friends. The one friend had warned her hubby that she was going to get a tattoo. She always takes FOREVER to make up her mind, so on the spur of the moment I decided to get one too.

I was 42 but was already experiencing arthritis in my hips. The tattoo artist set me up on this high stool, propped my foot on his knee and pushed my knee/leg inward. OUCH!! I said, apparently rather loudly, "I have an arthritic hip and don't think I can do that." Everyone in the shop roared with laughter.

Attachments

• for bon 074.jpg
    for bon 074.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 27

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
I was unemployed, around 48, and living with friends...the same friend who got a tat in Key West a few years earlier. She decided she wanted another tat...in the middle of her back, right below her neck. Well, her hubby wasn't happy about it at all.

Off we go to one of the best tattoo artist ever. She picks out her tattoo, and while he's doing it, I start thinking, "Ummm, if I get one too, but her hubby wouldn't be as mad at her as what he'd threaten." :evil:

I selected the stemmed rose to cover a couple of blood spots on my left breast. Mind you, I have my bra on when he's doing the tat.

We get back to my friend's house and I want to change into my jammies. I took my bra off and laughed my a** off!!!! I cupped my breast and called for my friend to come to the bathroom.

I said, "Look, when I have a bra on this is what the tat looks like. Then I lowered my hand. "But when I take my bra off, it becomes a long-stemmed rose!" Thought she'd pee her pants laughing. Gotta love the effects of gravity.

BTW, her hubby was still mad at her but laughed when she told him about how mine changes.

And, dang, it looks like I need more tattooing to cover more blood spots.

Attachments

• for bon 075.jpg
    for bon 075.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 25

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
I got a Pegasus right near my hip bone towards the front, when I was 21. I guess I wasn't thinking because after two pregnancies and 26 years... it looks like a Pokemon LMAO.

I want to get another one, but I keep telling myself I need to lose some weight first, and that never happens.

A long time ago there was a video of a tramp stamp...of how it changed over the year...it was a riot. I wonder if I could find that; I'll have to do some searching.

Mingolvr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Davie, FL
POKEMON???.....OMGLMAO!!!! That's hysterical....

Ok, seems 42 is the 'mid life crisis" age...lol...I got this one at 42. Hubby thought it was fake when he came home...lol And, yes, it's from a Barry Manilow album....we had met him about 6 months before in Las Vegas and I saw him in concert many many times before that. I loved that album, so I had that symbol tattooed.

This is what I covered it up with this year on Mothers Day. I was over my "Barry" phase...I drew the rose, the tat artist did the stem and leaves. I didn't want any color. It's for my husbands memory. Barry is fading underneath, and will fade more when I get some more shading done.

I got this one about a week before that....my s/o's nickname is Sharky....so...... ;-) This one is on the top of my left thigh. Can't be seen unless I wear my bathing suit.

My s/o bought me this one. I loved the pattern, but it was all oranges and yellows...I HAD to change it...

That's my start. I've got another few planned, but not sure when I'll get those done...but soon.

Last edited:

baby driver

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sunny CA
www.myspace.com
It took me six months to show my parents the Obama tat. They like him well enough, but not so cool about tattoos. It was getting warm out here, and I figured I better show them before I showed up in shorts and gave one of them a heart attack.

My mom acted like she was shocked, but now she is always showing people when I come around.

My dad said, "Well, now we have another way to identify your body."

He's funny like that.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
Yeah, well, alot of the things you think are REALLY cool when you're 20....not so much when you're 40 or 50. Think about this ladies, before you ink. Tattoo removal is very expensive and painful, so I've heard.

For the record, I'm so TIRED of seeing the tramp stamps on the ...-cracks of some of my coworkers. And I'm tired on seeing ...-cracks in general. I get the whole low-rise jeans thing, but, please, for the love of God, wear longer shirts! Some of my coworkers are starting to look like plumbers!

I don't care how nice your figure is, I don't want to see your .... crack! Save it for the clubs! Thank you!

Signed,

An old fart with some decorum.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
I want to get another one, but I keep telling myself I need to lose some weight first, and that never happens.

Mmmmm, yeah. I've been telling myself that for like 15 years and guess what? No tats!!!

Now if I said no tats until I gained another pound, I'd be covered with 'em. 8-o

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
Ok, seems 42 is the 'mid life crisis" age...lol...I got this one at 42. Hubby thought it was fake when he came home...lol And, yes, it's from a Barry Manilow album....we had met him about 6 months before in Las Vegas and I saw him in concert many many times before that. I loved that album, so I had that symbol tattooed.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2709618880047569182oFIBwc

This is what I covered it up with this year on Mothers Day. I was over my "Barry" phase...I drew the rose, the tat artist did the stem and leaves. I didn't want any color. It's for my husbands memory. Barry is fading underneath, and will fade more when I get some more shading done.

That is a darn nice cover up Mingolvr. I looked hard and can hardly see a trace of Barry. Excellent drawing, you did good! :thumb:

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Ming, I love the flower one on your leg...that took some time to be done, I bet.

I'm probably done with the tats, but you never know At one point I wanted a dragonfly. I mentioned it to the guy who did my rose and he got all excited about it. OF COURSE, he wanted to put on my upper torso...dragonfly body running between the breasts and the wings across the top of my chest. He was so disappointed when I said, NO!!! LOL

Rocket, yep, I'm with you on the seeing the ... cracks. Call me old, I just don't get it.

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
I have an Egyptian ankh and on the outside of my ankle, then sun god ra on the inside with wings that extend back around the outside to the ankh. I love art history and Egyptian history is a fav of mine. I do want to be able to explain it and have ppl recognize it I guess. I mean, I don't want to get a Assyrian lamassu and have to go around explaining it all the time. :p

B4 I got it oh so many years ago I did think long and hard about if I would always like it. It's not something I think I could ever be ashamed of or regret. It actually has become a part of me and who I am and I don't even notice it any more. So yeah, I can see myself being 90 yrs old gathering tomato plants in my garden sportin' my cool ankh tat. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread