TC and Juice Flavor change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpNorth

Sep 3, 2018
Tundra, Minnesota
Just started using Temp control today. I used up a bottle of juice in the Dovpo Topside right after I down loaded the TC software. I then went to my spare bottle with a different juice flavor.

I had it set for ss316 @480f and it was fantastic, but when I switched juices, I couldn't even taste the second juice until I cranked it up to 540f. 550f seems to be great.

Is it normal to have such a huge difference in temperature from 1 juice to another? Both were Max VG, one was fuji apple the second was a blood orange papaya.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've not used TC that much at all. However, in my regulated mods using wattage mode, I've noticed different flavors do better at either lower or higher settings. For example, fruit flavors are better at lower settings. Desert or coffee flavors are a little better at higher settings.

akiraceos

Oct 12, 2013
Sarawak, Malaysia.
It's definitely possible to have variation in vaping temperatures between different juices. A quick test I usually do before purchasing a juice is to take a little drop and place it on your tongue, U can tell if you like the juice by doing so, if it's too muted or not. I've had juices that perform well with higher temps while fruitier juices lower temps on titanium, should be the same for SS.

At the end of the day, If you like the vape, regardless of temperatures, there's no need to worry :)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have to ask. Are your coil windings spaced for TC? A compressed coil will work (kind of), but it won't produce the correct heat levels because the readings the mod gets from the coil aren't accurate.

Just checking. I get virtually the same vape from Power mode and TC mode and only have to tweak it 10% or so to accommodate different juices.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread