The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

TC and Juice Flavor change?

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by UpNorth, Oct 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. UpNorth

UpNorth Senior Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Tundra, Minnesota
    Just started using Temp control today. I used up a bottle of juice in the Dovpo Topside right after I down loaded the TC software. I then went to my spare bottle with a different juice flavor.

I had it set for ss316 @480f and it was fantastic, but when I switched juices, I couldn't even taste the second juice until I cranked it up to 540f. 550f seems to be great.

Is it normal to have such a huge difference in temperature from 1 juice to another? Both were Max VG, one was fuji apple the second was a blood orange papaya.

• Like Like x 2
  2. t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Usually with TC no it should not. On some devices,topside being one, that you have to add TC thru FW,it could fluctuate ?

I would not think it would be that far apart in degrees though ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I've not used TC that much at all. However, in my regulated mods using wattage mode, I've noticed different flavors do better at either lower or higher settings. For example, fruit flavors are better at lower settings. Desert or coffee flavors are a little better at higher settings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    70 degree in change from fruit to fruit ??

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  6. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I've found that different flavours can work better at different temperatures, although 70f is more of difference than I've encountered. 15 - 35 is more of what I'd expect (assuming I've converted the temperatures correctly. I was aiming for 10 - 20 C.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShowerHead

ShowerHead Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Massachusetts
    As long as it is performing as you want/expect, there isn't a right or wrong temp as far as I'm concerned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. t8kiteasy

Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    As posted above if you are getting a good vape I would not worry about it either.

• Like Like x 3
  9. akiraceos

akiraceos Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Sarawak, Malaysia.
    It's definitely possible to have variation in vaping temperatures between different juices. A quick test I usually do before purchasing a juice is to take a little drop and place it on your tongue, U can tell if you like the juice by doing so, if it's too muted or not. I've had juices that perform well with higher temps while fruitier juices lower temps on titanium, should be the same for SS.

At the end of the day, If you like the vape, regardless of temperatures, there's no need to worry :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rockford

Rockford Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2018
    BC Canada
    Depending on the juices I've used my range is between 365 to 435 usually, but I do like a cooler vape so never enjoy it to high.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Are you sure you set it up with the coil at it's cold resistance?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Seems like a pretty high variance to me, but then again, it's also sort of... if it's working, it's working.

I would say yeah, certainly check your settings and whatnot but some vaping things, while sort of mysterious, just are like that.

Anna

13. Solaire

Solaire Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2017
    That's very close to my preferred settings when i'm in the MTL mood ., which is almost always nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have to ask. Are your coil windings spaced for TC? A compressed coil will work (kind of), but it won't produce the correct heat levels because the readings the mod gets from the coil aren't accurate.

Just checking. I get virtually the same vape from Power mode and TC mode and only have to tweak it 10% or so to accommodate different juices.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.