TC Issues with Revenger X mod + GT8 core SS coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbreach

Jun 19, 2015
ON, Canada
Has anyone had any success using TC with the gt8 core SS coil that comes pre installed with the Revenger X kit? I've been finding the temperature control to be a bit out of whack. I did a small experiment which leads me to beleive that the TC is not really doing anything.

TC range is from 100-315 degrees C. Tried 100C with 65W maximum, then 75W and 150W. In all cases the maximum wattage is reached while in 65W the vape that I get is warm and at 150W it is way too hot. This same test at 200 degrees C is the same result. I confirmed that TC SS is being used, and the TCR is set to 100 which is recommended for SS 316 wire here: TCR Vape Temperature Coefficient Calculator | Vaporesso.

Has anyone noticed this issue? If so is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to mention that the max wattage is being reached in all of the tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I will say that on my X, TCR is spot on.
I vape SS430 and when I put 0138 in for the TCR value, I get just the vape I expect.
If you are not, try a different TCR value more to the actual range and make sure all the metal in your coil is what you believe it to be. In the past some legs were non-resistance wire attached to the actual coil.

• Useful

pbreach

Jun 19, 2015
ON, Canada
Sounds like it's not really SS wire. How do you know that it is?
I was going off of what I was told at the vape shop but now I'm not really sure. Tried nickel and titanium TC modes and am having the same issue with really hot vape and high wattages at 100 degrees. How can I find what type of material this coil is? I've been looking everywhere.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’m pretty sure those coils are kanthal so won’t work in tc mode. The SS refers to the housing material not the coils material. I don’t understand why companies advertise the housing material so prominently when nobody cares what the housing is made of just what the coil is made of. Hopefully you can get the vape your looking for in power mode and look elsewhere for a tc coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread