• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tearing my hair out over shipping costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCatK

Oct 17, 2012
Vancouver
So I ruined my starter clearomizers and have just one left that I can use. The replacements I ordered from China probably won't be here for another month, so I'm looking to get a couple to tide me over until then... and I'm getting increasingly frustrated at how much shipping is going to cost when I'm just trying to order something that can be put into a letter envelope. I have plenty of juice left... I can't order $100 more of it just to qualify for free shipping! Grrrrr.

KCatK

Oct 17, 2012
Vancouver
I'm looking for Canadian and/or US vendors so I can get the few clearomizers to use right now... I thought I had enough to last me until the ones from China came in, but being a newb at this, I burnt all except one. So now I'm super paranoid I'll burn the last one and want to have a few on hand. I just might have to suck it up and pay $10 for shipping for two or three clearomizer.

Thanks for the links, btw... will have to look into those.

bk78

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
I'm looking for Canadian and/or US vendors so I can get the few clearomizers to use right now... I thought I had enough to last me until the ones from China came in, but being a newb at this, I burnt all except one. So now I'm super paranoid I'll burn the last one and want to have a few on hand. I just might have to suck it up and pay $10 for shipping for two or three clearomizer.

Thanks for the links, btw... will have to look into those.

I see your in Vancouver you have a B&M there. eastsidevapes.com you can pick some up today

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
So let me get this straight...

You wanted to save a few dollars on a small-quantity purchase of gear, so you mail ordered it from the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET, and you are cranky because it's taking a month to get to you an the shipping is "high"?

There are at least 2 brick and mortar shops in your city. Why are you not patrionizing them, and supporting their small, locally-owned businesses?

You obviously have an internet connection--why not order from one of the dozen Canadian vendors online, or one of the scores of US vendors? Shippng is reasonable and MUCH faster than waiting on a slow boat from China...

Shipping is too high and takes too long from China?

Really?

REALLY?

Here's your sign...

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
ESV are local and open to pick up if you want to avoid shipping, they're also at our monthly meetups (Dec 9th is next). Other vendors, while they won't list "mailable" items, will sometimes do it if you ask. They can't guarantee undamaged goods as the padding tends to make it too large for regular mail.

I've been looking for a canadian vendor that sells the HH .357, gonna have to order a couple when I get home from work.
I think they're the only vendor here that carries 357s, and they're sold at cost last time I chatted with em. They have a couple unique items you will have trouble finding up here.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I was going to say vaporgeek would probably mail out small items cheaply, but someone else already did. :) GRBC might be a good vendor to contact as well to ask.

Edit: I'm sure it doesn't help right now, but surevapes in the US has free shipping, it will take 1-2 weeks to arrive though.

Last edited:

Qcaj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2012
Calgary
why not order from one of the dozen Canadian vendors online, or one of the scores of US vendors? Shippng is reasonable and MUCH faster than waiting on a slow boat from China...

Sorry, but $15 to ship a $5 clearomizer is not "reasonable" on any planet.

I get that it's the way it is in this country, and I would love to support small locally-owned business. But I don't want to support it to the tune of paying a 300%-400% increase, when it's not even going to the vendor.

Last edited:

larktdl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Strathmore, AB
You can't fault the vendor's. The shipping costs are crazy in Canada. Fault CP.

What you have to know about small packages is the following ---> They can ram whatever they can in to a envelope but if it doesn't fit in the slot at the postal counter it can't be shipped as regular snail mail. So the vendor has no choice but to send it as a parcel.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
For small orders I usually buy from the US as shipping is cheaper and I get it within a week.

The only Canadian vendor that offers letter post AFAIK is JR Custom Turnings

Apparently BK78 beat me to it but...Jugheads.co will letterpost if requested, they even mark which items on their site qualify for it... $20 min order though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread