The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tearing my hair out over shipping costs

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by KCatK, Nov 28, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DuaneNeveu

DuaneNeveu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You've got a couple of great vendors right in your home province, actually:

VaporGeek
    Canadian Electronics Vapor

Edit: Oops, looks like some other folks already beat me to VaporGeek.

2. Qcaj

Qcaj Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    Calgary
    I'm not faulting the vendors. That doesn't make it reasonable, nor does it mean I should pay CP $15 just to give a local vendor $0.30 profit.

3. DuaneNeveu

Supporting member
    It does end up coming down to what you'll pay in shipping internationally though, as well as the amount of time you can afford to wait for your items.

4. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Just want to throw this out there...I shipped an 80lb box (35+kg) UPS. And the cost was only $25 or so...

5. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Within Canada.... cool, but over the border. Never. I'll refuse shipment if they ship that way. UPS makes their money from their ridiculous brokerage fees and I will never use them again. If that's the only shipping method, I'll shop elsewhere.

For heavy stuff, consider Greyhound. My Mom sends me CRATES from Edmonton, they're at my door in 24 hours, and the driver even offers to carry them up the stairs to my second floor main level for me (I haven't let him, but I appreciate the offer). And for the sizes, weights she sends, their rates are within reason.

6. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    Ya took the word right outta my mouth, and beat me to the punch, Only cuz I'm dizzy from shaking my head.
    I wish there was a B&M Store withing 150KMs of where I am.

7. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    Yea within canada... rates a little discounted as well.

8. Jables

Jables Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Just ordered a couple SS Long Barrel ones as apparently they're back in stock. They aren't cheap haha.

9. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    There are cheaper methods of shipping in Canada other than xpresspost and expedited parcel (which are the two options every vendor offers). Regular parcel is pretty damn cheap, and honestly, you'll end up waiting MAYBE an extra two days, unless you live in Resolute and your mail comes by dog sled. Anyway, shipping sucks and minimum orders suck, but I guess its the price we pay for not having to wait a month to get the stuff from China. Plus it won't stop me from ordering from my favorite vendor - I just have to beg the wife to let me spend "just a little extra" :)

Now what REALLY bothers me is having to order from more than one vendor to get everything I need, and paying that damn shipping fee more than once. Flavours without syringes? Bottles without nic? Clearos without replacement heads? arrg!

10. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Whenever I order something small, I just ask the vendor if they can ship it snail mail (oversized envelope) no one has refused that request so far :) They need to start making condiment type packaging for eliquids! Then you can just have em sent in an oversized envelope for a couple bucks.....maybe you get wet envelope, maybe not ;P

11. SoUnique

SoUnique Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2012
    Onatrio, Can.
    You mean like the little ketchup & mustard packets? That would be kinda cool.

12. DuaneNeveu

Supporting member
    I've read a thread that mentioned this before and thought it might be a cool idea. Then, I thought, "Be careful what you wish for Neveu".

I envisioned a world where the complaints we have change from shipping costs and available bottle sizes, to how few packets actually made it through the mail intact, how hard it was to get all the juice out of them without wasting so much, and how bloody hard it was to get juice in an actual bottle anymore (now that so many suppliers had invested in the machinery necessary to make packets, that would be all they wanted to primarily sell).

Sometimes it's worth considering whether or not we should do something, before considering whether or not it can be done.

Just a thought. As for me, I'll just keep organizing my ordering so that I'm getting my attys and cartos and things at the same time to qualify for free shipping.

13. chagrin

chagrin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    But you've got vape cred .. er review cred, who could say no to you. :p

Seriously though, all vendors I've ever dealt with have been decent. I've only disliked one Canadian vendor out of close to a dozen and only because they sold sub-part re-branded junk IMHO - I think vendors are all just vapers, willing to help out if they can.

I agree with the slimmer packaging for liquids, that stupid slot CP uses is ridiculously thin, it wouldn't fit 30 ml bottles I sent to someone on my dime. :) 10 ml bottles DO fit through though.

14. Nubbie

Nubbie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 25, 2012
    Alberta Canada
    That stupid little slot is because the machines that sort the mail down the line have the same opening and they are very $$$$$$$.

15. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

If i send out samples of juice, i just stick em in 3ml bottles, throw three stamps on the envelope and toss it in a mail box.

16. Cobber

Cobber Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2011
    Kingston Ontario
    I have to order a new post for my did. Post costs $5 less than the shipping

$48 for a post sent to me from mmvapors. The post is only 13 euros

17. RollandOfGilead

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
    ouch!!!!!!

Thread Status: