• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tearing my hair out over shipping costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I'm looking for Canadian and/or US vendors so I can get the few clearomizers to use right now... I thought I had enough to last me until the ones from China came in, but being a newb at this, I burnt all except one. So now I'm super paranoid I'll burn the last one and want to have a few on hand. I just might have to suck it up and pay $10 for shipping for two or three clearomizer.

Thanks for the links, btw... will have to look into those.

You've got a couple of great vendors right in your home province, actually:

VaporGeek
Canadian Electronics Vapor

Edit: Oops, looks like some other folks already beat me to VaporGeek.

Last edited:

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I'm not faulting the vendors. That doesn't make it reasonable, nor does it mean I should pay CP $15 just to give a local vendor $0.30 profit.

It does end up coming down to what you'll pay in shipping internationally though, as well as the amount of time you can afford to wait for your items.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Just want to throw this out there...I shipped an 80lb box (35+kg) UPS. And the cost was only $25 or so...

Within Canada.... cool, but over the border. Never. I'll refuse shipment if they ship that way. UPS makes their money from their ridiculous brokerage fees and I will never use them again. If that's the only shipping method, I'll shop elsewhere.

For heavy stuff, consider Greyhound. My Mom sends me CRATES from Edmonton, they're at my door in 24 hours, and the driver even offers to carry them up the stairs to my second floor main level for me (I haven't let him, but I appreciate the offer). And for the sizes, weights she sends, their rates are within reason.

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
Ya took the word right outta my mouth, and beat me to the punch, Only cuz I'm dizzy from shaking my head.
I wish there was a B&M Store withing 150KMs of where I am.
So let me get this straight...

You wanted to save a few dollars on a small-quantity purchase of gear, so you mail ordered it from the OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET, and you are cranky because it's taking a month to get to you an the shipping is "high"?

There are at least 2 brick and mortar shops in your city. Why are you not patrionizing them, and supporting their small, locally-owned businesses?

You obviously have an internet connection--why not order from one of the dozen Canadian vendors online, or one of the scores of US vendors? Shippng is reasonable and MUCH faster than waiting on a slow boat from China...

Shipping is too high and takes too long from China?

Really?

REALLY?

Here's your sign...

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Within Canada.... cool, but over the border. Never. I'll refuse shipment if they ship that way. UPS makes their money from their ridiculous brokerage fees and I will never use them again. If that's the only shipping method, I'll shop elsewhere.

For heavy stuff, consider Greyhound. My Mom sends me CRATES from Edmonton, they're at my door in 24 hours, and the driver even offers to carry them up the stairs to my second floor main level for me (I haven't let him, but I appreciate the offer). And for the sizes, weights she sends, their rates are within reason.

Yea within canada... rates a little discounted as well.

Jables

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I think they're the only vendor here that carries 357s, and they're sold at cost last time I chatted with em. They have a couple unique items you will have trouble finding up here.

Just ordered a couple SS Long Barrel ones as apparently they're back in stock. They aren't cheap haha.

Battlelance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
NB, Canada
There are cheaper methods of shipping in Canada other than xpresspost and expedited parcel (which are the two options every vendor offers). Regular parcel is pretty damn cheap, and honestly, you'll end up waiting MAYBE an extra two days, unless you live in Resolute and your mail comes by dog sled. Anyway, shipping sucks and minimum orders suck, but I guess its the price we pay for not having to wait a month to get the stuff from China. Plus it won't stop me from ordering from my favorite vendor - I just have to beg the wife to let me spend "just a little extra" :)

Now what REALLY bothers me is having to order from more than one vendor to get everything I need, and paying that damn shipping fee more than once. Flavours without syringes? Bottles without nic? Clearos without replacement heads? arrg!

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Whenever I order something small, I just ask the vendor if they can ship it snail mail (oversized envelope) no one has refused that request so far :) They need to start making condiment type packaging for eliquids! Then you can just have em sent in an oversized envelope for a couple bucks.....maybe you get wet envelope, maybe not ;P

SoUnique

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Onatrio, Can.
They need to start making condiment type packaging for eliquids! Then you can just have em sent in an oversized envelope for a couple bucks.....maybe you get wet envelope, maybe not ;P

You mean like the little ketchup & mustard packets? That would be kinda cool.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
They need to start making condiment type packaging for eliquids! Then you can just have em sent in an oversized envelope for a couple bucks.....maybe you get wet envelope, maybe not ;P

I've read a thread that mentioned this before and thought it might be a cool idea. Then, I thought, "Be careful what you wish for Neveu".

I envisioned a world where the complaints we have change from shipping costs and available bottle sizes, to how few packets actually made it through the mail intact, how hard it was to get all the juice out of them without wasting so much, and how bloody hard it was to get juice in an actual bottle anymore (now that so many suppliers had invested in the machinery necessary to make packets, that would be all they wanted to primarily sell).

Sometimes it's worth considering whether or not we should do something, before considering whether or not it can be done.

Just a thought. As for me, I'll just keep organizing my ordering so that I'm getting my attys and cartos and things at the same time to qualify for free shipping.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Whenever I order something small, I just ask the vendor if they can ship it snail mail (oversized envelope) no one has refused that request so far :) They need to start making condiment type packaging for eliquids! Then you can just have em sent in an oversized envelope for a couple bucks.....maybe you get wet envelope, maybe not ;P

But you've got vape cred .. er review cred, who could say no to you. :p

Seriously though, all vendors I've ever dealt with have been decent. I've only disliked one Canadian vendor out of close to a dozen and only because they sold sub-part re-branded junk IMHO - I think vendors are all just vapers, willing to help out if they can.

I agree with the slimmer packaging for liquids, that stupid slot CP uses is ridiculously thin, it wouldn't fit 30 ml bottles I sent to someone on my dime. :) 10 ml bottles DO fit through though.

Nubbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2012
Alberta Canada
I agree with the slimmer packaging for liquids, that stupid slot CP uses is ridiculously thin, it wouldn't fit 30 ml bottles I sent to someone on my dime. :) 10 ml bottles DO fit through though.

That stupid little slot is because the machines that sort the mail down the line have the same opening and they are very $$$$$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread