Status
Not open for further replies.

tastyjuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Yukon Oklahoma
Hello Veterans,
I am new to variable wattage devices and I have some questions. I just got a new VAMO V2, with a new VIVI NOVA V3 tank system. I see that the vivi comes with 3 different heads (1.8, 2.4 and 2.8ohms). I set my VAMO to RMS because thats what is recommended by the manufacturer. When I did that it, it allows me to adjust the wattage, i set my wattage to 7.0 to keep it low for the meanwhile. When I check my OHMS its reading 2.7 ohms. Does this mean I need to be using the VIVI 2.8OHMS head? Because right now when I try and vap I get a horrible burnt chemical taste. Am i burning up the wicks? The juice Im using is BOBAS BOUNTY. I have let the juice sit for about 30 minutes to allow the wicks to soak up the juice. Do the wicks need longer to soak up the juice? BOBAS is 100% VG. Any help would be appreciated. I just got this device in today and Im really wanting this to work properly, I would hate to be disappointed :unsure:. Thank you

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Tasty,

When you set your VW device to a desired wattage (in your case, 7 watts) and attach your head, the device reads the resistance of the coil and adjusts the voltage accordingly. Since your coil is 2.7Ω, the voltage should be 4.3 volts--resulting in 7 watts. Does that make sense?

Burning taste is a wicking issue--you're getting dry hits, which means the coil doesn't get enough eliquid. First of all, 7 watts may be too hot for the ViVi, I don't know. Try a lower wattage and see it the performance improves. ViVi Novas, with their top-coil design, experience some wicking problems, on occasion. Search the forum or Google ViVi nova wicking issues--there's a lot of good advice to be found.

I don't own a VAMO, but you can download a user's manual from Smoktek.com website (or just Google Vamo Manual).

Or you can watch Phil's video--he pretty much covers it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread