Techniques to produce more vapor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaileysDad

Jun 22, 2015
I'm not one of those guys that think vaping is all about how big of clouds you can blow, but it is definitely fun having competitions with friends. So I was wondering is there any breathing techniques that will help get more from my subox Mini? I learned that letting more air into my mouth by not completely sealing my lips around the mouthpiece helps, any more tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thommi

Sep 4, 2013
RE, Italy
90% of the size of the cloud depends on your draw.
In your mouth you have about 60cm³ room, in your lungs you have several liters of room.
So all you have to do is literally breathe in through the atomizer.

The rest is minor details.
The size of the air intake and the power the coil consumes only determines how long you have to draw before your lungs are full.
Obviously this becomes unpractical, if a draw from one of those tiny disposable mini sticks requires a draw of about 3 minutes, meaning it gets easier with a bigger device and more power.

The hard part is learning the direct breathe in through the device, especially if you have a device with a small air intake.
As a (former) smoker, you're not used to this, you're somewhat afraid of a coughing attack, so you naturally tend to accumulate in your mouth and end the draw before you inhale.

Easiest way to learn it is a dripper with a real open draw, that gives you almost no other choice than breathe in, because the open draw fills your mouth in a fraction of a second, and a liquid without nicotine, so you're not afraid of coughing.
Doesn't even require much power, no need to get a huge cloud already, all you learn there is the direct breathing in.
Once you learned it, you will be able to do the same with almost any smaller device, including with nicotine and from there it's just a matter of finding the right devcice for you, where the power it provides and the amount of air it takes in gives a length of a draw that suits you.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
It helps to have an RDA with huge airflow, a high power mod or a copper mech, a good low-resistance coil build (especially with the mech), and a wide-bore top cap. The open airflow and chuff-style cap will move a lot of air and keep the vapor at a comfortable temperature, even with the huge power going to the coils. You just need to breath in. I don't use tanks, so I'm not really familiar with the subox, but the concept is similar.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Heres a build that makes the clouds and also gets phenomenal flavor:
G7pyQNi.jpg

Thats 24g kanthal parallel coils wrapped around a 2mm screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread