The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Teen Vaping Is Bad, but the Alternative Is Worse

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Cool_Breeze, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky
  2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    That's exactly what i've been saying. For most of them its just a fad anyways. I don't believe it will lead to them starting smoking either. One either are a smoker, or you're not. I believe its in the genes...:)They'll run with it for a while, then those that are inclined to smoke will choose between vape and smoke. Those that aren't born to smoke...won't continue to vape.

• Like Like x 1
  3. susieqz

susieqz Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    -i must disagree with genetics making you a smoker.
    remember WWII? the govt handed out cigs to the troops n most all
    smoked them.
    non smokers were few n far between.
    anybody can become an addict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    True they smoke for a while, but give up easier and carry on not even thinking about it.
    Others battle a lifetime to quit, and when they do, they long for it for the rest of their life.
    I don't think its purely an addiction thing. I think its deeper than that..that's why I used the word "genetics" (lack of a better term).
    Big tobacco also knows that i'm sure...that's why they add addictive substances to tobacco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jazzman

Jazzman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I don't think it's genetics per se, unless you include addictive personality as a genetic trait, which I do believe is genetics based but is a life condition far beyond just smoking and vaping. So I'll accept the genetics argument on that basis, which makes sense.

Your point about the truly addictive "enhancers" cigarette manufacturers add that vaping doesn't is the big story. Totally right. Nicotine is not the biggest addiction factor I don't think and I know vaping is much, much easier to quit than combustible tobacco products. I've showed myself that every week when I need to go without vaping at a clients site for 8 or more hrs at a time without vaping. I couldn't have done that as a smoker. Seriously, I don't think I could have, and never really tried because the beast would come out at a certain point and I probably would have lost a client. Hard to remember myself that way with smoking, but my honest self knows that for the truth. That would be the angel on the right shoulder... hate that guy, he's so unreasonable sometimes. But the guy on the left shoulder talks nice and likes me. Very encouraging sort, in fact, he helped me place a big vape order this week. Right shoulder pissed now, he'll get over it.

So the nicotine argument that is the main weapon of anti-vapers is a lie. But powerful none the less. Lies become fact to the masses when told loud enough and often enough.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.