Tekk Mod Review with 3 vari volt settings. WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
[FONT="]I received my Tekk on Monday. These are available at nhaler with a vari volt dial on the bottom or at Clouds of Vapor with a straight 5.2 volt and no vari volt option. I had a modder named, “Jolly” make this for me because I wanted a small slider switch for 3 different voltage settings, and I wanted the placement of the switch just under the horn button on the back. I also requested [U]no LED[/U]. It looks perfect like it was factory built! I highly recommend this modder and his abilities. Great mod. I LOVE the small vari volt slider switch under the horn button on the back. It has 3 options: 4.5 volts, 4.75 volts, and 5.2 volts. [/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]It vapes beautiful, just beautiful. It chargers my Droid or powers a passthru for a second person (while still being able to vape it)! The $125 cost included everything: cloth bag, lanyard, multiple adapters for various other devices, a retractable charging cable, Tekkeon manual, and shipping. The Tekk’s that are available at other places range from $120 - $160 depending on style and options. Keep in mind that for purchasing a mod, this one doesn’t require the purchase of a charger or batteries. It’s self-contained and comes with a cable to charge the whole unit. That in itself makes it very cost comparative, if not a real bargain. If anyone is familiar with the fistpack by nuck, it’s the same idea; just (2) 18650 batteries instead of one. [/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]I already have a wall plug so I can charge this at my laptop overnight or at a wall outlet. I charged this on Monday night and didn’t go to an orange light until Wednesday night, meaning I still had 30 – 70% power left. I charged it on Thursday again just out of paranoia. I still hadn’t seen a red light indicating need to charge. There are (2) 18650 batteries inside here and it lasts a really, really, really long time. The device is self-contained and the batteries [U]do not[/U] get taken out for charging. Just plug in the whole unit to recharge overnight and then go for days. [/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]I’m free and truly have mobile power now. Gotta say, I’m loving this. No more changing batteries and no more being chained to outlets or worrying about having enough charged batteries before I leave the house. This is not very large and fits very comfortably in my hand and I’m only 4’ 10”. I love the contours and gripping on this. It feels just right. Love the on/off switch for portability. I actually named this one, “Thor” because of the 6 gray circles. It looks like Thor’s breastplate. I really adore my eGo passthru and it will always have a place but that comes in second to Thor, my Tekk mod. Most consistent vape ever. And who knew I’d love higher voltage so much (just a slightly better hit than an LR 510 on an eGo). My Holy Grail device for sure.[/FONT] :thumbs:
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Check out youtube for video reviews of the Tekk mod. They are extremely accurate. The review by Hodgehound is reviewing a Tekk mod made by the same person who made mine.[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]
[FONT="]Thanks for reading. I know it’s a lengthy review.[/FONT]

EagleHawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Huntington Beach,CA
I want one but can't find any contact info for Jolly. Vaportalk has his profile but have no idea if thats the way to contact him. I might just build my own but I would like to see his first. Where is he selling?

That is the way to contact him. Send him a pm and he will get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread