Tekk Talk/Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parky50

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
There are variable voltage expensive versions of the TEKK mod now.
Don't be fooled. They have very little voltage adjustment only a little over 1 volt.
Not low enough for Low Resistance vaping.
For this you lose a lot!
The USB charger. This can power a passthru, phone and etc.
The comfortable horn button.
The perfect fit and finish.
The original and best made TEKK will be back in stock later this week at COV!

The original and best made TEKK was never made for commercial production...
:glug:

d_g

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Hey Tekkies, I bought a Tekmod and love it. But, I've got a short out problem. My 510 connector became loose and started to short. So I took it apart to have a look. Once inside I saw that the ground wire to the 510 connector had about a 1/8 inch the black plastic coating missing. I put some electrical tape over that. Also, the red power wire was barely hanging on to the connector so I added a dab of solder. Then I re-epoxied the connector in place and it is holding very strong. BUT, the unit still shorts. If I plug it in USB, and turn it on, its like its at 2-3 volts, very very weak, but if I unplug the USB, then turn it on, it just turns red for a sec and dies. Must plug USB to reset it. I've looked it over again, but I can't find any problems. Do you have any suggestions? I love my Tekmod but she's not loving me back.

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Hey guys... sorry for the delay but I got into a car accident. I am fine but a little sore because of a couple cracked ribs. The batch of a few of them are on the way and will be for sale on Friday at the latest... then some more a week or so after that.

Thanks for all your support!!!

Oh and d_g, I sent you an e-mail a couple days ago but received no reply... does this mean you solved the issue with the diagnosis I gave or was it something else? What I put in the message was it could be the rubber gasket in the adapter, it could have a rip in it alowing the center pin to short out on the case of the adapter.

Let me know!

The original and best made TEKK was never made for commercial production...

Well I made the original "Tekk Mod" but Parky50 most defiantly made the first mod out of the Tekkeon charger pack (Parky's Tekkeon Mod) and gave me the idea to design my own version of it.

My version is completely different from both of the versions Parky made, but Parky was the inspiration and you made a great find on the charger pack. I owe the credit for that to Parky and he deserves the credit for that. And even though you can't own an idea and mine was completely different in how it was made I still asked Parky if it was okay with him to sell my version of the Tekkeon charger (my Tekk Mod), and Parky being the nice guy he is, said no problem, with no hesitation and thanked me for having the consideration of asking him. Unfortunately there are people who take designs and make it a point not to ask and they usually copy everything and not redesign it.

Oh parky, I think "commercial production" is a little extreme... so far I have made and sold around 25 of them and that includes the test one and the one I have... lol. I started selling them from people asking for me to make them for them after seeing my post in the modders forum, then I realized how much people enjoyed the very long battery life and knew others would like that too.

"Tekk Mod" is the name of my version just as "Parky's Tekkeon Mod" is the name of Parky's version, unfortunatly others are selling a version of the Tekkeon with the same name as mine but it is not mine.

Thanks everyone and thanks Parky!!!

Brandon
chev327fox

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I asked this in another thread, but I guess this one would be the more relevant place to ask. So is there any estimation as to when the next batch of the Tekk's will be available? I'd really like to try one out, but I don't want to wait a long time to get my first 5v PV.

Sorry about this guys.... I have been working my .... off to get as many out as quick as possible, I just can't get them done very fast. Also I like to take my time one each and every one, I know that sounds like me trying to "sell" it but it is true. A lot of little things go into making my Tekk Mod to make it super strong. I just sent 10 out to Vape Fest but they are all but gone by now but I will have a few more done in a couple days and I will let you know.

Brandon
chev327fox

EDIT: Opps...forgot to touch on the "multi-voltage". I don't make a multi-voltage version of this mod. Honestly it takes up too much room in this mod (which has hardly any room at all in it to work with, I actually have to grind out alot from the inside to make it fit perfectly) and multi-voltage in most forms is somewhat useless (a good seller and price raiser, in my opinion that is really all it is good for) because in most cases it is within 1.2volts so there really isnt much difference in voltage and you wouldn't be able to use a low res atty on the way most of them are set up. Just my 2 cents on the issue... don;t get me wrong multi-voltage is okay but not for this mod, I have heard that another maker of this type mod has to fill in and paint the gaps of his multi-voltage version of this mod... dont know if I would want something like that.

Last edited:

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
I just bought a "new to me" COV Tekk. The previous owner said he has had it about two wks.

Right before he shipped to me he noticed a crack in the top white plastic from the conector edge to the edge of the black outer shell. When I get this if it needs repaired can it be sent to you for repair?

Sincerely
bssage

Yes of coarse you can. If it is one of the first 19 of them then it might be an epoxy issue because the 3M epoxy that everyone suggest is very weakened by the nicotine (it turns it rubbery). Even if it is not one of them it is still no problem but realize that it s only plastic and is not like a metal tube. For example, when you put it in a bag or case take the atty off so the atty doesn't get hit and bend/crack the plastic, especially around the adapter which is where the most force is applied when the atty is hit or pushed on hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread