Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
The telescoping side button mods Segelei and Drawtube are almost identical looking but I'm trying to decide on one or the other. Does one or both have an adjustable center pin? In the pictures on the site it appears the Segelei top and bottom cap are brass, is this correct?

Anyone with input on these mods?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
The telescoping side button mods Segelei and Drawtube are almost identical looking but I'm trying to decide on one or the other. Does one or both have an adjustable center pin? In the pictures on the site it appears the Segelei top and bottom cap are brass, is this correct?

Anyone with input on these mods?

They are both technically adjustable but I do not consider it truly adjustable as it is fully set to begin with so you can loosen it or "lower" it

dapir8

Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Hawaii
I just sold my sigelei #8. It won't accomodate a kick. The top tube is too wide for diameter for the kick and threaded internally all the way through. The end caps are chromed metal, not sure if brass or not. The 510 pin appears to have some adjustability too it.

It's a very nice and classy looking device with a machined matte finish on the tubes. It just didn't suit my needs limited at 3.7v.

I cannot answer on the drawtube. I too want to know more about the drawtube, if it is kick-able.

Mahalo in advance.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
I too want to know more about the drawtube, if it is kick-able.

Love my DrawTube! But it is not kickable for the same reason as the sigelei #8, the tube is too wide. I imagine a thin piece of copper could be formed in a circle and inserted to make up the difference.

The DrawTube has a SS body and all SS contacts, sigelei are brass. I tried to adjust my center pin down but the screw is really tight, I have read that it is slightly adjustable, though.

Edit - I was able to adjust my post down - I was turning the screw the wrong way!

Last edited:

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
which one does and aga-t look better on?

Here's a pic I found on the web of the Drawtube with AGA-T, I couldn't find one for the segelei. BTW, my DrawTube doesn't show threads when in 18650 mode.

s2sM9Di.jpg

Last edited:

Nitrobex

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Martinsburg WV
Here's a pic I found on the web of the Drawtube with AGA-T, I couldn't find one for the segelei. BTW, mt DrawTube doesn't show threads when in 18650 mode.

s2sM9Di.jpg

Wonder if that is a custom polish job. And will the DrawTube work with an 18350, I like little batteries and have been suprized when a ts wont take an 18350?

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Wonder if that is a custom polish job. And will the DrawTube work with an 18350, I like little batteries and have been suprized when a ts wont take an 18350?

Here's a pic of my DrawTube in 18350. I put a satin finish on the igo-l to match. I love this little mod.

524618_10151513419923704_1233450263_n.jpg

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
The Drawtube has a plated brass positive contact and the switch plunger is also plated brass. The negative post is stainless steel.

The sigelei has a brass switch, positive contact, negative contact and the entire caps are brass. Plated.

Pic of the Drawtube and Sigelei side by side with no modification.

20130325_130640_zpsb6b6234a.jpg

Pics of both mods refinished.

Simple polish

20130404_111636_zps7181f706.jpg

You can see the segelei looks totally different. I sanded everything down quite a bit to make the caps flush with the body. Feels better than some of my $130+ mods. Originally the mod looked like a castle chess piece since the top cap was so much larger in diameter.

20130401_181901_zps59f78ce9.jpg

20130402_125859_zps60413f39.jpg

You can see the brass contact after removing the plating.

20130328_001706_zps2d36c361.jpg

Last edited:

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
The Drawtube has a plated brass positive contact and the switch plunger is also plated brass. The negative post is stainless steel.

The sigelei has a brass switch, positive contact, negative contact and the entire caps are brass. Plated.

Pic of the Drawtube and Sigelei side by side with no modification.

20130325_130640_zpsb6b6234a.jpg

Pics of both mods refinished.

Simple polish

20130404_111636_zps7181f706.jpg

You can see the segelei looks totally different. I sanded everything down quite a bit to make the caps flush with the body. Feels better than some of my $130+ mods. Originally the mod looked like a castle chess piece since the top cap was so much larger in diameter.

20130401_181901_zps59f78ce9.jpg

20130402_125859_zps60413f39.jpg

You can see the brass contact after removing the plating.

20130328_001706_zps2d36c361.jpg

Awesome! You did an amazing job on all of those mods, I assume you did the CCTS/KTS too. Do you know if the tube on your Segelei (I assume it's a #8?) is brass or aluminum? All of the descriptions I see say they will be made of one or the other. I want a brass model so that I can refinish the whole mod back to brass, including the center tube.

Also, I had no idea the switch and negative post were brass on the DrawTube, do you think that's true for the switch head as well? I'd love to solder something to my switch but don't want to sand the top if it's stainless. I tried sanding the bottom post and the screw head on the negative from the inside and they appeared to be SS, never tried the other contact points. Thanks for that!

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Awesome! You did an amazing job on all of those mods, I assume you did the CCTS/KTS too. Do you know if the tube on your Segelei (I assume it's a #8?) is brass or aluminum? All of the descriptions I see say they will be made of one or the other. I want a brass model so that I can refinish the whole mod back to brass, including the center tube.

Also, I had no idea the switch and negative post were brass on the DrawTube, do you think that's true for the switch head as well? I'd love to solder something to my switch but don't want to sand the top if it's stainless. I tried sanding the bottom post and the screw head on the negative from the inside and they appeared to be SS, never tried the other contact points. Thanks for that!

Its a #13a and the caps are brass while the tubes are stainless steel.

Not sure on the drawtube. The positive pin is definately brass. And the switch plunger that contacts the negative post to complete the circuit is brass. The negative post is stainless. I didnt have a reason to try any other part of the switch.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Also, I had no idea the switch and negative post were brass on the DrawTube, do you think that's true for the switch head as well?

I sanded down the switch contact and got to the brass, the switch post and head are one piece, so I assume it's all brass. Yay! I hope DV sells replacement switches if I screw it up.

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Its a #13a and the caps are brass while the tubes are stainless steel.

Not sure on the drawtube. The positive pin is definately brass. And the switch plunger that contacts the negative post to complete the circuit is brass. The negative post is stainless. I didnt have a reason to try any other part of the switch.

Thanks for the info. Did you remove the positive pin to sand it off? I assume it just screws off from inside? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread