Status
Not open for further replies.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
~*~* UPDATE EDIT: WooHoo! Purchased the standard Provari kit with an atomizer (I think I need that to be able to direct drip. If I'm wrong, show me the way. It comes with a tip of some sort, but I think that's for the cartomizer, so I may want a drip tip later? *~*~

:oops: Okay, I'm sitting on the ProVape website getting ready to buy one of these :) I'm fairly new to vaping, so I need a little help...

I work from home and I don't really expect to carry this thing around outside of the house. I have a few eGos so I have a bunch of stuff for that (LOVE my ProTanks and T3s). I'm told I need a connector to use my ProTanks but hubby says ProTanks are 510 threaded already, that's why we use the collar thingy with the eGos. True?

So... I also want to be able to drip, I can see the benefit for taste-testing. The kit I'm looking at comes with some cartomizers (never used those before, but whatever). Is that what I would use to drip or do I need to add an atomizer? I assume I need a drip tip of some sort?

Being that I work from home and it comes with 2 standard batteries, I'm thinking I'll use the standard ones and decide later if I want bigger batteries or not.

Hoping someone is hanging around tonight before I change my mind for the 10th time. LOL!

Bad part is that it looks like the kits only come in silver. I was really wanting purple, but I priced it out and it's cheaper to go with the kit. I can "Jwrap" it later :)

Thanks in advance. You guys are seriously the most helpful bunch!

Last edited:

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
ProTank is 510 Threaded, a 510-EGO adapter isn't needed unless you want to use a Kanger T2 or T3 Clearo. The Cartos are like the Blu Cartos, they have Filler material to hold the liquid instead of a Tank like the ProTank, and usually hold ~1-1.5 ml of liquid.

I use an RDA atomizer when I want to change or try different flavors, they're fairly inexpensive and you can build your own replacement coils or buy them pre-made. Carto type Atomizers can also be used to drip, but once the Atomizer is crusted and too old to burn properly, you'll need to buy another Carto atomizer for replacement. Drip Tips are cap type devices made of acrylic, plastic or aluminum that seat on the opening of a Carto or Atomizer.

I'm new to the Atomizer/dripping aspect of Vaping so if I'm incorrect on any information, I'm sure the Veterans will offer a correction. Personally, I'm liking Carto-Tanks when I'm not at work, and use Cartos during work because they can take a bit more abuse. Now go order your Provari :toast:

Atomizer; 510 Smok Tech LR Atomizer

Rebuildable RDA "dripper" Atomizer; The Octopus RDA

Replacement Coil; http://www.madvapes.com/1-7-ohm-replacement-coil-for-the-octopus-rda.html

Drip Tips; 510 Drip Tips, 510 Drip Tip, 808 Drip Tips, 901 Drip Tips

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Now go order your Provari :toast:

Ordered! Yay! I got the standard kit (upgraded to the blue LED hehehe) and added a 510 atomizer. Guess I need to go find a cool drip tip... so many choices!

Now to read up on exactly how to use this thing. LOL!

Last edited:

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Congrats! I am thinking about going with the green LED. Have you noticed that they do not recommend using low resistance cartomizers? I wonder what people here think about that.

I did see that. I blame you for your question thread. I had been thinking about it for a few days and your thread pushed me over the edge. LOL!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
It says on ProVeri's website - I think it is in the FAQ - that they do not recommend using LR cartomizers. Are you using it without any issues?

I usually run 2.2- 3.4 ohm Single & Dual Coils, I just linked that particular Atomizer to illustrate the difference between those and the Rebuildable Atomizers. I have used the 1.8 ohm KR 510 1ml Mini-Clearos on the Provari without any problem, I think you can go down to 1.5 ohm before the Provari won't fire because of the very low resistance. Many Vapers use the Mechanical Mods with those SLR (Super Low Resistance) Atomizer Coils of 1 ohm and below.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Congrats. Your part of the provari tribe now. Need help just ask. I am now looking at the amp tank and the dripper pro. To many choices. I really got to get my hands on pro tanks. Candy I have a ? For you. How's the build quality on them is the glass thick or thin?

Oooh, you can bet I'll have tons of questions. I wonder how many clearomizers I'll screw up LOL!

The ProTanks are AWESOME. Better than I thought they would be honestly. I cannot stand the Stardust now. Totally in love and need 10 more ProTanks. LOL! The glass is very thick and I don't imagine it would break if dropped most of the time. The screw on bottom where you fill it is VERY well fitting and nice and tight. No leaks, no gurgling or flooding. It's darn near perfection.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
I was super lucky a local store sold them I paid a little more but once my card swiped I got to hit that fire button. Pure joy.

Yeah, I checked our local shops and no one carries it. Folks here told me the ProVape site is a great place to order from so... done. Now I wait and obsess.

I placed my order Sunday night 4/21 for a Black Provari with Blue LED, mine still in processing too. Hopefully it won't take much longer to ship since they ship out of WA state. That's as far away as I can get within the mainland US, lol.

ACK!!! Okay. Okay. That's normal. LOL! Instant gratification, darn it!

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Hey candy I have yet to try this but looks like a sweet drip setup I'm getting one when I can afford it. It looks like you can rebuild the coil your self or buy ones like kangers stuff we are using. I saw pics on a provari looks killer.
eBaron Dripper Pro by Leo - 405 Vaperz

HOLY MOLY! That's expensive for a tip. Wow. I think I'll wait a bit on a purchase like that until I see if I like it. LOL, it's definitely sexy though.

Yeah, rebuilding, rewrapping, all of that is WAY over this newbie's head. LOL. One day maybe... there's a vaper's meetup in my town I'm going to on Saturday evening. Will be neat to connect with others in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread