Tell Young People the Truth: E-Cigarettes and Vaping Flavors Help People Quit }|Huffingtonpost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsAngelD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2010
A, A
www.TheDallemagnes.com

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
Kids in my neighborhood see me vape while I walk my dogs and think it's cool. I tell them it may look cool, but I use it to stop smoking and explain how bad smoking is and I wish I never started. I'm not preachy and think they get it, or at least hope they do.

Never thought I would ever be an ex-smoker in my lifetime. I walk the kids down the slow progression of social cig here and there to a few a day until you're completely hooked and can't live without them. Eventually your health starts to deteriorate more and more with each year. I don't sugar coat it.

So even though vaping helps you quit smoking I would rather have been a person who didn't have to do either. It is what it is.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Is it me or does it seem that over the past few weeks there have been an abnormal amount of positive write ups regarding e-cigs?

I'm seeing a return to "normal". Before. it was mostly negative but they would include some positive notes (mainly as a 'hook') - talking about the administration's lapdog media. During the 'poison period', it seemed like everything in the major news media went negative.(other than Forbes pieces by Reason Mag's Jacob Sullum, Greg Gutfield, Rush, and a few others)

Since the ASH piece from EU, things have been a bit better.

http://www.ash.org.uk/files/documents/ASH_715.pdf

http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...children-not-using-electronic-cigarettes.html

If this is close to the truth, then one might note that one of the things this study came up with is that 'never smoked' teens didn't try ecigs at 0% in the younger category and only 1% in the older one. Might be a good one to point out in the recent CASAA call for comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread