Tell Your medical doctors how good You feel using e-cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
FDA & Co want scientfic health data about e-cigarette usage?

Well, let them have it.

Go to Your Doctors and tell them about how good You feel using e-cigarettes, they will filter the data scientficly and pass it on to medical authorities so they get the missing data like double-blind-/harm- studies automatically :)

And don't forget to tell them how bad You felt using J+J's Nicorette crap products, especially the nicotine plates and how their "Inhaler" painfully burns Your mouth... :-x

Last edited:

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa

Well, let them have it.

Go to Your Doctors and tell them about how good You feel using e-cigarettes, they will filter the data scientficly and pass it on to medical authorities so they get the missing data like double-blind-/harm- studies automatically :)

And don't forget to tell them how bad You felt using J+J's Nicorette crap products, especially the nicotine plates and how their "Inhaler" painfully burns Your mouth... :-x
I did have an appointment with my primary doctor this week and told her all about it. She was skeptical but listened. She was glad that I'm not smoking, but didn't give me the green light either(asked me how I was going to cut down). That's her way. She is very old fashioned and likes research,ect. Reviewed my bloodwork and blood pressure. All was good. I am on cholesterol meds and the good cholesterol did go up over 10 points, and when I asked her of the med did this, she said that it usually doesn't. I'll have to keep working on her,but I told her to feel free to have any patients that she has that can't quit to call me for info. We'll see.
Stephanie

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
When I went in to my doctor's a couple months ago, I was telling the nurse about it as she was prepping my arm for an incision (ouch)...and she was very intrigued as her husbands smokes and it annoys her. I think I convinced her to make a purchase. When the doc walked in and heard us talking about little batteries and things, she got the total wrong impression and we all had a great laugh. But in the end, they both thought it was great. I agree, we should all tell them....but go a bit further, bring it in with you (I sadly left mine in the car thinking they wouldn't want to see it, but they would have enjoyed the demo!). The doctors around here seem very intrigued by it. Stupid FDA *cry* I need to remember to keep an unused (or shall I say, unchewed on) cart with me so that I can let other people try it as well. Smokers are usually very skeptical. I couldn't even get my one sis to try it (said she would rather have the real thing, more like she wants cancer and to smell like an ashtray I suppose). I even demo it to random people at stores and restaurants now, get the word out, get more people interested, the more people the better...I'm telling ya, we should march on washington and fill the streets with our sweet vapor!

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
When I went in to my doctor's a couple months ago, I was telling the nurse about it as she was prepping my arm for an incision (ouch)...and she was very intrigued as her husbands smokes and it annoys her. I think I convinced her to make a purchase. When the doc walked in and heard us talking about little batteries and things, she got the total wrong impression and we all had a great laugh. But in the end, they both thought it was great. I agree, we should all tell them....but go a bit further, bring it in with you (I sadly left mine in the car thinking they wouldn't want to see it, but they would have enjoyed the demo!). The doctors around here seem very intrigued by it. Stupid FDA *cry* I need to remember to keep an unused (or shall I say, unchewed on) cart with me so that I can let other people try it as well. Smokers are usually very skeptical. I couldn't even get my one sis to try it (said she would rather have the real thing, more like she wants cancer and to smell like an ashtray I suppose). I even demo it to random people at stores and restaurants now, get the word out, get more people interested, the more people the better...I'm telling ya, we should march on washington and fill the streets with our sweet vapor!

I was walking around with extra supplies so if a friend asked me to try it, I would let them, but now that I am hoarding stuff, I'm not feeling as generous:) But I still show them to everyone that I possible can. Washington and vaping sounds intersting!
Stephanie

jerimiah797

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 6, 2009
<<snip>> ..I'm telling ya, we should march on washington and fill the streets with our sweet vapor!

You know, that's really not a bad idea. When does that senate debate start? How many people could we get in front of the Senate building (or in it!!! ) puffing away, legally, on these things?

Now THAT would be some press! :)

chicagobrad01

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I was telling my Doc and his nurse about mine and did a little demo. The Nurse ended up goin to thesmokelessshop.com and buying one. My Doc had JUST quit smokes cold turkey, but was thinking about getting one with Zero Nic for the hand to mouth association part of it all.
They even had me do another demo of the rest of the staff....I guess a few of them smoke there.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I've already said in more than one post (i'm not going to search for them) what my Doctor's reaction was and i saw him again last week and my blood pressure levels are now lower than they have ever been in all the time i have been seeing him (about nine years).
He has cut my medication down by 4mg a day because i don't need as much as i was taking now, and he's very happy i have stopped smoking. He's seen and examined my Penstyle and we have discussed it and he say's there is nothing in my Blood Samples or Urine Samples that give him any cause for alarm and if there were he would tell me to stop. He said to "keep on doing what your doing because it's far better than Smoking"
I was just thinking today that the only evidence we could give Authorities about the healthier alternative of Vaping was "anecdotal".
Would someones Medical Records which show a marked improvement of their Medical Condition after 9 months of Vaping be taken more seriously?

Of course that's no good to you 'cause i'm in the UK.

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
I've already said in more than one post (i'm not going to search for them) what my Doctor's reaction was and i saw him again last week and my blood pressure levels are now lower than they have ever been in all the time i have been seeing him (about nine years).
He has cut my medication down by 4mg a day because i don't need as much as i was taking now, and he's very happy i have stopped smoking. He's seen and examined my Penstyle and we have discussed it and he say's there is nothing in my Blood Samples or Urine Samples that give him any cause for alarm and if there were he would tell me to stop. He said to "keep on doing what your doing because it's far better than Smoking"
I was just thinking today that the only evidence we could give Authorities about the healthier alternative of Vaping was "anecdotal".
Would someones Medical Records which show a marked improvement of their Medical Condition after 9 months of Vaping be taken more seriously?

Of course that's no good to you 'cause i'm in the UK.

That is great news for you and for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing
Stephanie

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
My avatar was created because of my Dr telling me smoking would kill me. He's extremely anti and allergic to smoke. He used to choke up and his eyes would water every time he came in to see me.

I went to see him for the first time this year last Thursday. When I told him I hadn't had a cigarette this year, he fell back in his chair and grabbed his heart! He eluded to the fact that I was the last patient he expected to quit. (3 ppd) He was VERY surprised!

He asked me how I did it and I told him it was an "electronic nicotine inhaler", otherwise known as an electronic cigarette. I asked him if he wanted to see it and he did. So I pulled it out and gave him a demo. It didn't bother him in the least!

We did discuss my nic levels and he wants me to wein down to 0 nic. (Because of a history of heart problems) but he didn't say "don't do that" like he did with smoking.

So take those PV's with you to show your Dr's. And let me know when we're meeting in Washington. I'll be there!

Sorry about the long post.

SnarkyClark

Mar 13, 2009
Make sure to add "yeah, but the FDA wants to stop them - and I really don't want to go back to cigarettes!" - or something along those lines... Having doctors campaigning for us would probably be about the best thing that could happen to 'personal vaporizers'. There are many medical professional associations that sometimes publicly speak up for things they believe in.

I have always been amazed at how a random utterance to someone can occasionally cause much bigger things to start happen. You never know who your doctor plays golf with on the weekends ;)

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
My Doc was thrilled. Of course, he is more cutting edge than most and the most progressive doc I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. :)

I told him I quit and then whipped the PV out in the exam room and showed him how it works. He was thrilled as the nicotine doesn't concern him as much as the carcinogens in inhaling lit tobacco. I know him well enough to know that his next nag at me will be to get off the nicotine, so I laid out my plan for that while I was there.

I have a post about this in the health forum. My Doc is a riot. :D

Lorddrek

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
I ordered a kit and a bunch of juice for a coworker who had yet to pay me and told me last night she no longer wanted it. She said her doctor told her it made no sense to pick up another nicotine habit if she was trying to quit. Then she started complain about lack of FDA approval. I had to laugh with all this coming from a current dope smoker who had a 20 year crack habit! I was happy to be stuck with product rather than further deal with such ingnorance.

palermo45

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
www.nicapure.com

Well, let them have it.

That is a fantastic idea!! My best friend is a senior physician with Keiser Permanente. I am going to ask him if he has any other advice or suggestions as to the best way to have these statements to our Doctors gathered. We should also initiate a thread with Doctor's names on them who praise e-cigs. I bet we could gather a pretty nice sized list. Doctors who give a thumbs up towards e-cigs!!

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
We should also initiate a thread with Doctor's names on them who praise e-cigs. I bet we could gather a pretty nice sized list. Doctors who give a thumbs up towards e-cigs!!
Better not Palermo, sorry... at least not with their real names and towns... don't forget that doctors agreeing with or rejoicing the e-cig are doing do 'unofficially'- officially they just can't do that, not with a device and liquid that hasn't been officially approved. They could run into consequences if a neat list was provided with exactly which docs come out and openly approve of this alternative (however sad that is...)

I think it's amazing, and heart-warming, to see that so many doctors just can't stay silent any longer about how much better this alternative is then smoking tobacco... but keep in mind that this 'coming out' is in fact a form of protesting government-guidelines by these doctors. So you might want to protect them a bit, unless they put down there own name willingly here... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread