Temperature control. Have I been missing something in my life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I just discovered that my hcigar VT Inbox has a temperature control setting. Question is why. Is this why I haven’t been sleeping good at night. Why my clothes don’t fit right. Why I don’t know the answer to all the questions. (Being sarcastic).
Really though, curious minds want to know.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I don't know, I just watched a Psuardo review and he mentioned it and said " for all the 5 people that actually use it".....

It was supposed to at one time get really easy to use and be widely available for use on SS coils that would be readily available as perhaps drop-ins.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I’ll just turn it off. Maybe my life will get back to normal. Or maybe I’ll meet the Wizard of Oz.

Keep in mind that you can't use temp control with just any coil. The coil has to be made of metals like Stainless Steel, Nickel, or Titanium. Kanthal and Nichrome aren't to be used for temp control.

I'm not saying you should not use it, some people only vape in temp control mode. But make sure you read up about out before getting into it.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Temperature control is the source of all goodness and light.

It works like this: Your mod measures the change in resistance of your coil as it heats up and uses the change from room temperature to calculate the temperature of your coil. (You do have to tell it what wire your coil is made of - the most common is SS316L - because different metals change resistance at different rates.) You set your device's wattage to somewhat higher than you would usually vape and you enter the temperature you want to vape at (there's a standard range, but where you like to be within it varies person-to-person). Then you press fire. The coil quickly heats up to the temperature you chose. Then the mod takes control of the power and continuously adjusts it to keep the temperature constant.

Points to note:
    • Many people are perfectly happy with non-TC vaping. A big factor seems to be how long your draw is. If you take short puffs, TC usually doesn't make much difference. If you like a longer draw, TC is excellent because it gets you to your set temperature quickly and then holds it there without overheating.
    • There's a lot of variation in the quality of TC on offer. Some chips are great and others are dreadful. As with many other things, you tend to get what you pay for, although the performance of some middle-of-the-road chips can be noticeably improved by using Artic Fox firmware. The high-end chips are DNA, YiHi, and I think one other I can't remember at the moment.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    A big factor seems to be how long your draw is. If you take short puffs, TC usually doesn't make much difference. If you like a longer draw, TC is excellent because it gets you to your set temperature quickly and then holds it there without overheating.
    That's the nut of the matter, as I understand it. I mostly vape the way I smoked cigarettes, shorter draws. Even though I'm not a cloud chaser, I have found lower resistance (down to maybe 0.7 Ω) and a bit higher wattage than I used to use, gets the coil up to snuff faster for my short puffs.
    I think a couple of my mods support TC, but I'll likely never use that feature.

tnt56

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    I use SS316 wire for my coils, however my Hugo Squeezer is only a mech and ain't got no fancy lights, whistles or even one bell.
    Note: she don't leak, she's cheap and she hits like a REO with an attitude. (my kinda girl) :thumbs:

Cheers
    I
    Where did you get your squeezer at?

tnt56

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2012
    I need a good bf rda. My Goat and Dead Rabbit the coils are to high from the deck causing a long soak time for the juice to get to the coils. They work great as drippers though. But I want a true bottom feed rda. They will work I’m just not happy with either one of em yet. I guess I’ll try the premade coils in the Goat again tomorrow.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I need a good bf rda. My Goat and Dead Rabbit the coils are to high from the deck causing a long soak time for the juice to get to the coils.

Might want to ask around about the Steam Tribe (ST) Radius V2 Clone RDA on Fasttech, it comes with a BF pin. As you can see, the juice well isn't that deep and the single coil setup can be sat low. Looks like your wick tails only have to be about 3mm to hit the bottom of the well. And it's under $6.

9652589-8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread