Temperature Control Testing Results: DiCoDes Dani25 tube mod SS316L (~$300 USD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Temperature control testing results are available for the DiCoDes Dani 25 using the stock SS profile, here: imgur.com/a/89GNaPJ

or

Temperature Control Testing Results: DiCoDes Dani25 tube mod (~$300 USD) : electronic_cigarette

TLDR: This is a $400 AUD mod that doesnt produce a premium temperature control experience in many states. The method of temperature control this mod uses produces a wavy temperature experience you can both hear and feel in most cases. Like PWM, it creates a band of temperature outcomes from pulsing more power than it needs to keep the coil temperature maintained. It mostly succeeds at providing dry hit protection, but unless you are using high resistance high or high mass builds, there are smoother and more accurate outcomes on a range of cheaper mod. The TCR value can only be set in 5C steps so that makes it impossible to dial in but fortunately the built in SS mode (TCR92) is reasonably accurate and consistent on average. Overall the default SS setting is slightly under the set temperature. Between the premium priced boards, both dna and YiHi methods produce a better temperature control outcome than this DiCoDes board in terms of smoothness, accuracy and range around the set temperature (I think objectively?). If someone wants to lend me a different DiCoDes to test, I will pay for shipping and be very careful with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread