Temperature Control Testing Results: Vsticking VK530 (YiHi Sx530 board) - the cheaper cousin of the

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
Results of temperature control testing for the Vsticking VK530 may be found here:
Temperature Control Testing Results: Vsticking VK530 (YiHi Sx530 board) - the cheaper cousin of the Sx Mini G Class : electronic_cigarette

Or

imgur.com/a/h3Km5Ht

TLDR: This Vsticking VK530 mod is a more recent cheaper cousin of the Sx Mini G Class - the form factor, battery door and overall look are very similar (and much better design than the GTRS Vboy with the Sx 500 chip). Its missing some of the features of the G Class in terms of bluetooth and SxQi, but costs about a third of the price (here in Australia). Its performance is very similar to the Sx Mini G Class (results for that here: imgur.com/a/os23png) except for very low ohm, low mass builds where it falls a bit short (common for cheaper mods). It seems like it might operate at a slightly lower maximum frequency for the reduced cost but its not easy to tell, and subjectively is indistinguishable (at least for me but I build over .4 ohms generally). Again, well functioning dry hit protection despite some of the temperature spikes, and on average fairly flat and accurate results (drawing a line through the striping), if you dont mind the temperature striping and are not concerned about possibly higher ranges of temperatures during a short puff (with possibly implications for thermal decomposition of the juice, see G Class results for further discussion). This is one of the best results we have seen for a mod in this price range for other than those low mass low ohm builds (but a great result on lowish ohm high mass builds like the dual coil test at the end). NOTE: Temperature control results were terrible when using the wallpaper that has a live power needle dial showing (dont ask me why, you could hear and feel the pulsing in most states with this wallpaper- has been verified by u/Lendord replicating for me).

AussieGeek

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2020
I also had to change the wallpaper to have correct TC .
At first I thought it was a joke, but thé change was juge.
With needle wallpaper, huge spikes, with another one, great TC vape.
Unbelievable !
Thanks for jour great tests.
This is without a doubt one of the strangest things I have ever come across when testing...how do they manage to do these things hahahaha. And its such a trap because on the face of it, thats the coolest screen and why wouldnt you set it to live dial information! Better luck with the beta testing before release next time I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread