Tennessee Cure is NOT RY4 (Review)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrEDJay

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
I don't intend on hurting any feelings with this post, but I've been on a journey to investigate claims based on the topic of this post :)

Let me just say that I'm not "NEW" to vaping, but I'm not quite as experienced as most of you, however, I know what tastes good. Quite a while back I bought a sample pack from besteciggy.com and all of the samples were great. However one bottle stuck out from the rest, and oddly so because it was one of my last choices. That was Tennessee Cure.

I remember making a video review about how this could be my EVERYDAY VAPE, and I said that without realizing how absolutely true it was.

After trying other flavors that were supposedly "on par, if not better", I began getting frustrated. (I am actually sitting in front of a 24mg bottle of a flavor which I will discuss later). I didn't know the in's and out's of E-cig's when I first started vaping but I knew what my mission was, and that was to find great flavors from the little guy. (When I say little guy, I just mean, places that I don't hear people mention on the forums)

I have heard so many people rave about how much they like RY4 and how perfect it is. Honestly, I have tried a few (See above about the bottle i'm sitting in front of) and I can tell you, it is NOT my favorite.
I find it interesting that Tennessee Cure is supposedly as close to RY4 that you can get. Personally, from the RY4's that I've tried, RY4 is about as close to Tennessee Cure that you're gonna get :)

The flavor starts off with a smooth tobacco flavor, and ends with a slightly sweet nutty tone. Thats it.

Surprisingly simple, but the more you vape it, the more you realize that there is something about this flavor that makes me want to come back for more. Simplicity is what makes this flavor what it is.

RY4 on the other hand, tends to have more of a Tobacco taste and less of that nutty flavor that I love. It has a nutty flavor, but it seems to come along with the Tobacco flavor, which I feel is sloppy.

I know that e-liquid is a very subjective topic, but I don't think that anyone should really refer to Tennessee Cure as RY4, there is such a difference in the two of them. I don't make liquids so I can't tell you what it is, but if you try it for yourself, you'll Immediatly know what I mean.

I don't want to sound like an ad, I'm just giving my story on a matter that I think is important, so that more people realize each individual flavor stands on its own, and sometimes it's its best to stick with what you know :) Unless of course you're investigating.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I think RY4 varies so much.

I liked the dekang RY4 that came with my first eGo kit a long time ago... and I ordered various RY4's... dekang included and I could never quite find that exact taste... which is close to that blue cotton candy...

Finally found it at Value Vapor.

My guilty pleasure.

I have never heard anyone compare Tenn Cured to RY4- I think nutty/ slightly sweet.

Mammal

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Just noticed this. I'm partial to RY3; RY4 is just way too much sweetener even for me. Only ever ordered Dekang-y liquids from Litecig so I don't know if I'm missing some sort of massive variation.

I still like TN Cured a lot, but went from my first-day impressions ['Cigar-y, am I going to get a headache?', 'Oh, neat, this is like tasting a little cigar without ever getting a headache,'] to my first-week impressions ['Huh, can I tell that they're putting this together out of x, y, and z flavorings?'] ... to a special sort of boredom with it after leaning on it heavily for 2 months straight -- not near as bad as real tobacco would cause, but it probably wasn't the 'freshest' flavor to have in my mouth when I was desensitized to tasting it.

I took a break with some Dekang apple and 'Winstown,' of all things, and now I'm back to enjoying it again. The only real moral of this post is that, once you get used to tasting things again, it really does help to cycle them so you actually can.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Taste buds are so weird - I teach a little about tasting in my psych class... and one thing I have learned is that people's perceptions of taste really really differ more than any other sensation... what one thinks is sweet, another gets bitter... it's weird.
Sweet is usually the most universally agreeable taste... but still not even close.

wakktwins

Moved On
Jan 24, 2010
Yuba City
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Supplier associate

MrEDJay

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
I never understood how ppl taste anything but blue cotten candy from ry4.

i mean, it tastes exactly like blue cotten candy

Woah.....Oddy enough, I can see what you mean about the Blue Cotton Candy haha. Thats pretty weird that Once you mentioned it I began to taste it.

I think RY4 varies so much.
I have never heard anyone compare Tenn Cured to RY4- I think nutty/ slightly sweet.

There are a few people on the forum that have said the two taste similar, I am pretty sure that the last place I read it was in the DIY section.

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Woah, just checked out that site. besteciggy = worsteciggypricesever.

$99 for a regular 510 kit with ONE atty and 10 carts? Hahahahaha! I got a better deal than that over a year ago when I didn't even know where to look. You can get a 510 kit with 2 atties and a 10ml bottle of juice for around $40-$50 ANYWHERE else. Holy crap the prices there are just about the worst I've seen. $60 for a PCC? That's simply insane. When they FIRST came out they were $25. Nearly $1 per ml on all their juices? Anyone who buys from them is getting ripped off big time.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Taste buds are so weird - I teach a little about tasting in my psych class... and one thing I have learned is that people's perceptions of taste really really differ more than any other sensation... what one thinks is sweet, another gets bitter... it's weird.

So true.

I let one of the guys at work take a hit off my chocolate covered cherry mix and he screwed up his face and said," ewww menthol!"

On a side note, Ive become more and more interested in how when people review a "mixed" juice they discuss which flavors hit first and which are exhale or aftertaste flavors. The idea of mixing flavors to create a "timed" experience intrigues me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread