tennessee cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibrahim Prophet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Between 47% & 99%
Taste is very subjective. I've a couple bottles of juice from a highly popular vendor and it tastes like crap. I had to double-check the site and make sure I didn't leave a letter off the URL or something. I still read posts praising their juice but I'm not seeing it. I feel your disappointment O/P.

Kusa

Aug 9, 2012
Cleveland
Ok now I dont know if I made the right purchase. When you said this is vg only I had to go and look at the bottle. Mine says its a mix of pg and vg and it does not have the red oak on it. Just johnson creek and tennessee cured. Well i wouldn't expect the 2 to be that different in taste.Or is it? I just took a whiff of the bottle again and said NO WAY!

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
Ok now I dont know if I made the right purchase. When you said this is vg only I had to go and look at the bottle. Mine says its a mix of pg and vg and it does not have the red oak on it. Just johnson creek and tennessee cured. Well i wouldn't expect the 2 to be that different in taste.Or is it? I just took a whiff of the bottle again and said NO WAY!

I vape their Red Oak both Domestic n Ten - cant find anything else that I would vape - Halo sample pack was so perfumy - I am steeping it per advice from other members in hopes of liking it. If I were u I would email JC and explain you ordered the wrong kind - they may send you some for free or at a discount. Doesnt hurt to try.......plus like Tracey said - 20% off.....

R

*RJ*

I know taste is subjective and it has not steeped, but this stuff actually made me sick and had to boil my clearomizer to get the taste and smell out of it. I have been an ave juice fan and think I will stick with them. It also smells horid out of the bottle.

JC Tennessee Cured (mix) was one of my first vapes ever. It was horrid at first. I let it sit there for one week and now it's much better. MUCH better. Surprisingly better. I only re-order my "can't-live-without" juices and I don't think I'll be reordering that one. But by FAR, Tennessee Cured was my favorite out of the bunch, followed by Espresso. As a matter of fact, since my tastes change like wind direction, I'll go vape some Tennessee Cured right now. :)

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
To me the two lines are vastly different. Like night and day. I have a bottle of regular Tennessee Cured here that I use to make a juice for my sister, She loves it but I don't care for it. Go figure. But I really love the Red Oak Line Tennessee Cured. The Domestic flavor is my favorite. Wisconsin Frost is very good. Tundra is a great menthol. Wisconsin Frost is tobacco base with a mint note. Almost all the juices have the tobacco base. Just depends if you order from the Red Oak Line or the Regular Line.
You can sell the bottle you have on the classifieds if you just can't vape it. Or if you have any pre-made fruit juice or menthol, you could try mixing something into it to lighten and brighten it up. Peach or Apple should be good. Or the TC with some apple and menthol. Sounds like an unlikely combo but I like it. Mix some in a small bottle to see if you like it first though so you don't ruin the whole bottle if you don't. Let me know how it turns out for ya.
BTW, you definitely purchased from the Original line. The Red Oak line says "RED OAK" on the bottles.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'd hang onto it for a week. The flavor improves. Brand new juices are horrid no matter where they come from (as I am finding out). As for TN Cured, I love it. Yes, the VG is better than the PG version, but I find that true in general. The PG burns better though. But I take the PG version and cut it with 30% JC Silverthorn (VG) and it is awesome. In fact, I vaped that all last night and this morning. Will probably go back to it tonight.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
JC Tennessee Cured (mix) was one of my first vapes ever. It was horrid at first. I let it sit there for one week and now it's much better. MUCH better. Surprisingly better. I only re-order my "can't-live-without" juices and I don't think I'll be reordering that one. But by FAR, Tennessee Cured was my favorite out of the bunch, followed by Espresso. As a matter of fact, since my tastes change like wind direction, I'll go vape some Tennessee Cured right now. :)

RJ, pick up some of that JC Silverthorn too. It's awesome alone and blended with the TN Cured (VG and PG versions).

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
To me the two lines are vastly different. Like night and day. I have a bottle of regular Tennessee Cured here that I use to make a juice for my sister, She loves it but I don't care for it. Go figure. But I really love the Red Oak Line Tennessee Cured. The Domestic flavor is my favorite. Wisconsin Frost is very good. Tundra is a great menthol. Wisconsin Frost is tobacco base with a mint note. Almost all the juices have the tobacco base. Just depends if you order from the Red Oak Line or the Regular Line.
You can sell the bottle you have on the classifieds if you just can't vape it. Or if you have any pre-made fruit juice or menthol, you could try mixing something into it to lighten and brighten it up. Peach or Apple should be good. Or the TC with some apple and menthol. Sounds like an unlikely combo but I like it. Mix some in a small bottle to see if you like it first though so you don't ruin the whole bottle if you don't. Let me know how it turns out for ya.
BTW, you definitely purchased from the Original line. The Red Oak line says "RED OAK" on the bottles.

And JC does not make PG/VG blends. It's either all PG or all VG. No tweeners. Red Oak = VG, other = PG.

Kusa

Aug 9, 2012
Cleveland
I will just stick to my old faithful alien vision juices which by the way are never bad right from the mailbox and even get better with age. I have only been with that brand and some ms. t's which I didn't care for but were never horrible. Oh and reading the regular ingredients on the JC bottle it says PG,VG Mix which I dont know the ratio? I will give it a week to steep but I don't think that smell of feet will get better anytime soon.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've got a bottle of Tennessee Cured along with the JC Original and Arctic Menthol. I'm letting the Tennessee Cured and Original steep for a bit. The Artic Menthol was a little sweet on first taste, I mixed it with a bit of VaporGod Arctic Wolf and it's amazing... Unfortunately I'm an idiot and dumped almost the entire 30ml bottle and was only able to save maybe 5ml. I wish I could have tasted it after a week or two of steeping but I guess I will need to re-order to get that ability.

If I don't like the TC or Original after steeping I'll just mix it with some Arctic Wolf and I'm sure it'll be vapeable. I'm looking forward to trying some of the Red Oak line though, a lot of people seem to like that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread