The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

TERRIBLE taste in my 510 atty

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by skywalk, Jan 29, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. skywalk

skywalk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    I steamed my atty to get rid of the menthol taste, but now it has a really nasty taste with all my juices. I can't describe it...not burnt though.
    just stale, or like unwashed fabric, with a metallic undertone.

I just steamed it again and the taste is still there. can anyone shed some light onto what I might have done wrong, and how to fix it please? thanks

2. RatRacer

RatRacer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    S.W. Florida
    Mine were like that too, untill I let them dry fully a couple days before repriming.

3. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    Have you tried a dry burn, then a rinse, then letting it dry out?

The dry burn (repeated power cycles until you can see a red glow) will burn off "sludge" that has formed on the heating coil. Most of it will turn to ash, which can then be rinsed away.

4. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I would try flooding the atty with juice and blow out the excess. reprime and try again to see if the burnt taste is gone.

There have been some reports of 510s tasting that way after little use. Might be a defect of some kind from factory..

I dont think anyone knows yet.

5. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    that problem mostly of th etime comes after cleaning. the 510 needs a lot more than 3 drops to reprime after washing. for this cases i have a bottle pure PG. i soak the atomizers with at least 10 drops, let it sit a few hours and blow it all out. 3 drops liquid on it, fresh cart and good to go again.

the pure pg seems to take some bad tastes with it this way.

6. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    thanks for all the replies! i'll try letting it dry thoroughly for a few days first, then reprime it.

7. HidingDragon

HidingDragon Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    I'm no expert, but I just threw more juice on the atty til it went away, but I assume you tried that already. :p

8. Ken Mcp

Ken Mcp Moved On

Jan 9, 2010
    colorado
    Today -- at work i was smoking on my 510 w/manual Mega battery. With a Full Cart of Halo Juice . Layed down my 510 for about 6 mns or so ..... Picked it back up!! HOLY HELL!! It was running by itself for 6mns and still running when i hit it last!!! SO .......KIN HOT!!! I Couldn't Unscrew the Atomizer!!- Or even Hold it!! Burning ! These batteries have No cut off ! So alls i did was hit the Manual Battery Button and it and it stopped !!! ?? Weird! So after about 3 mns of No more Sizzzling - I finally unscrewed the ATTY and the KART and Juice was bone DRY !!- So i washed out my atomizer under warm water - Blew in and out from both Ends for about 2mns non stop to clean out- Dried it for 3 mns .. Cleaned off battery head with alchohol. (Sealed battery). And redripped 2 drops on ATTY Put on a Fresh Cart with Juice - BACK IN BUSINESS!! No Burnt taste at all. Suprised the heck outa me too - i thought it was a GONER !!!!! hehe

9. joshua_95602

joshua_95602 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2009
    auburn california
    it happens all the time to me man i never have the patience to dry them completly and i get this super funky taste give it about a day letting it sit on a paper towel or dry burn then run a little vg in it blow it out then reburn should be good works for me.

10. tristessa

tristessa New Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Portland Oregon
    OK, so it's not just me .. had that happen three or four times with one of the manual Mega's I got from madvapes. Freaked me out the first time it happened, tho so far I've been lucky enough to catch it (.. crap, there it goes again...) pretty quick. Yeah, hitting the button again stops it. LED is off too, which puzzles me.

Anyone know what's up with this? Doesn't seem right to me, even though I'm just a n00b.

11. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    letting it dry for 2 days worked. no more bad taste!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.