Tesla cigs WYE 200 is heating up without vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulesO

Jan 18, 2018
I've had this mod for about 3 months , recently the micro usb charging port has stopped working and now my mod heats up passively when the batteries are in, the batteries are all pretty new and have new sleeves on them so my question is: is this normal or does this mean that there is an internal shortage occuring in the mod causing the display and essentially the motherboard (i assume thats what is heating up) to heat up even if i am not actively vaping the mod... my tank remains cool and the batteries seem relatively cool too

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd contact your vendor and/or Teslacigs, as it sounds like you may be close to the end of the warranty period, although Teslacigs is a company I have felt pretty confident about, and hopefully they have a 12 week warranty from the manufacturer in place although it may be easiest to start with your vendor, whomever that is.

I wouldn't vape the mod, and depending on how hot the batteries got, possibly not the batteries at this point either, at least until you've isolated your problem and depending on exactly how hot it got. Good luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've had this mod for about 3 months , recently the micro usb charging port has stopped working and now my mod heats up passively when the batteries are in, the batteries are all pretty new and have new sleeves on them so my question is: is this normal or does this mean that there is an internal shortage occuring in the mod causing the display and essentially the motherboard (i assume thats what is heating up) to heat up even if i am not actively vaping the mod... my tank remains cool and the batteries seem relatively cool too
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could contact:
local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread