The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Tesla cigs WYE 200 is heating up without vaping

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by JulesO, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JulesO

JulesO New Member

Jan 18, 2018
    I've had this mod for about 3 months , recently the micro usb charging port has stopped working and now my mod heats up passively when the batteries are in, the batteries are all pretty new and have new sleeves on them so my question is: is this normal or does this mean that there is an internal shortage occuring in the mod causing the display and essentially the motherboard (i assume thats what is heating up) to heat up even if i am not actively vaping the mod... my tank remains cool and the batteries seem relatively cool too

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Something certainly sounds to be amiss. Certainly not normal. If still under warranty inquire about a replacement. If not, retire it. It's not worth the risk of a major fire.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    No, it shouldn't heat up especially if it isn't being used / in use.
    Probably best to remove the batteries place them in non conductive battery case & vape with something else.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. As Bad says, warranty it if you can, but take the batteries out no matter what. If it's heating up by itself, that's a problem. Stop it before it becomes a big problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I had that mod for a total of 24 hours :lol:
    Opened the box put in batteries then took a few puffs from it, then poof nothing, turns out the motherboard shorted and i had to go back to the vape shop who sold it to me lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'd contact your vendor and/or Teslacigs, as it sounds like you may be close to the end of the warranty period, although Teslacigs is a company I have felt pretty confident about, and hopefully they have a 12 week warranty from the manufacturer in place although it may be easiest to start with your vendor, whomever that is.

I wouldn't vape the mod, and depending on how hot the batteries got, possibly not the batteries at this point either, at least until you've isolated your problem and depending on exactly how hot it got. Good luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Could contact:
    local B&M Vape Shop (Visit) -----Might be simple.
    Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
    Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    talk about temp control going to the max.... it even preheats the mod... of maybe its a new function to keep the mod warm on those cold winter days... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.