Status
Not open for further replies.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I got this mod from Urvapin about 4 days ago and I am absolutely loving this thing! Not only is it by far my most aesthetic mod, it is a total beast. I had batteries all ready to go (paired LG HG2s) but I had no idea the finish on this copper-colored mod (Valentine) would be this beautiful. I am a tank vaper and I have black and silver tanks but no rose gold/copper tank. Yet. I have on on the way now that I know this is going to be my primary mod for the foreseeable future. For now I am running a Freemax Starre Pure tank on it. Ceramic is my preferred wick of choice, you see. :D

I received my mod via DHL 4 days after shipment, which is definitely a record for an order coming out of China. Right away I was impressed with the beautiful box the mod comes in. I can't speak for the other colors in this series, but the rose gold one came in an easy-access box that's gold on the bottom with a white lid that has a cool steampunk design embossed across the top of the lid. Upon opening the lid I just took a second to enjoy the beauty of this mod. It truly is gorgeous. I lifted it out of the box and was immediately impressed by the solid feel of the mod itself, and then by the glossy brushed copper finish. It looks and feels like solid copper! I popped in the batteries and the screen sprang to life. It's nice and bright and very easy to read. I put the Pure tank on it and noted that the screen shows resistance, voltage, wattage (cuz that's how I roll), "taste," (set to hard, also how I roll), output mode (KA), battery level, and memory mode. I easily figured out that to change menu settings you just hit the fire button 3 times and move through the menu by hitting either the up or down buttons. To access the submenu you just hit the fire button. When the menu is on the battery menu you hit the fire button to see the version information. The thing I like best about the battery menu is that you see a bar on the screen AND the actual battery percentage right next to it. I noticed that when the battery is full to about 1/4 full the percentage doesn't change often. When the battery gets very low on power I can watch the percentage change. I went from 7% to 4% with one long puff, lol!
This mod has really impressed me by how stable the vape is. I get the exact same hit every single time. No drop-off, no random ramp-up time (no ramp-up time at all!), and the temp is the same on each and every pull. I have not had to adjust my settings at all in the past 4 days. I honestly can't say that for any of my other mods!

Battery life is as good or better than I expected for a dual 18650 mod. It seems to use power very efficiently. I get 2 days' worth of charge out of a set of batteries and I am vaping on it constantly when I am not at work and the batteries are draining evenly.

The on/off switch has to be the coolest feature this mod offers, and there are a LOT of cool features. I have carried it with me to work and when out and about and it's so easy to remember to simply flip the switch to the off position before I pocket (or purse) this mod and I never have to worry about it being set differently when I grab it to take a vape. It's instantly ready to go as soon as it is flipped into the "on" position.

Once I get the new tank, an Ijust S (in copper, and because it will take the SS EUC ceramic coils with the Atlantis adapter) I will play with it in temp mode. Until then I can't comment on how it works in TC but I have high hopes for it.

Overall, this is a very solid, well put-together mod with a little heft, an amazing hand feel, and no minuses so far. If you are considering picking up one of these mods, Urvapin has them for $43.99 with free shipping for the next 6 days and I can say my experience with them has been wonderful.
Authentic Tesla Nano 120W Box Mod

tesla8.PNG

Attachments

• tesla7.PNG
    tesla7.PNG
    221.5 KB · Views: 225
  • tesla.PNG
    tesla.PNG
    373.3 KB · Views: 226
  • tesla3.PNG
    tesla3.PNG
    365.6 KB · Views: 232
  • tesla4.PNG
    tesla4.PNG
    180.1 KB · Views: 223
  • tesla2.PNG
    tesla2.PNG
    269.6 KB · Views: 229
  • tesla5.PNG
    tesla5.PNG
    365.8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I have the exact one and also the silver/black one. I'm planning on pairing the rose gold OBS Engine Nano with this, but I haven't built it yet, nor have I tried out the Steampunk yet. Waiting on a gun metal Aromamizer for the silver/black one, so I'll be all matchy-matchy (I hope). ;) I was looking at that Ijust S in copper, but wasn't sure if I'd like it. You say you need an adapter for the EUC coil in the iJust S? I have a bunch of the Atlantis coils and a few of the RBAs; would they also work in the iJust S? May need to investigate that tank.

EDIT: Ah ha, now I remember why I dismissed the iJust for my Steampunk... It has a vape band for the airflow adjustment. @cooladdict , please let me know if that thing becomes as annoying as it looks like it will be.

I loved the look of this mod immediately (also liked the original one, but it was too boxy and had an internal battery - glad I held off), but the lack of a USB port had held me back with this one... That is, until FT was running a sale and I snapped them up. :sneaky:

Last edited:

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I have the exact one and also the silver/black one. I'm planning on pairing the rose gold OBS Engine Nano with this, but I haven't built it yet, nor have I tried out the Steampunk yet. Waiting on a gun metal Aromamizer for the silver/black one, so I'll be all matchy-matchy (I hope). ;) I was looking at that Ijust S in copper, but wasn't sure if I'd like it. You say you need an adapter for the EUC coil in the iJust S? I have a bunch of the Atlantis coils and a few of the RBAs; would they also work in the iJust S? May need to investigate that tank.

EDIT: Ah ha, now I remember why I dismissed the iJust for my Steampunk... It has a vape band for the airflow adjustment. @cooladdict , please let me know if that thing becomes as annoying as it looks like it will be.

I loved the look of this mod immediately (also liked the original one, but it was too boxy and had an internal battery - glad I held off), but the lack of a USB port had held me back with this one... That is, until FT was running a sale and I snapped them up. :sneaky:
Ooooh, I can't wait for pictures!! You will post, I hope! :D I looked and looked for a matchy tank for the rose gold one, and since the iJust takes Atlantis-style coils and I had credit at Gearbest I decided to take the chance that it will go well with the Steampunk. I have a 25mm tank on it right now and there is no overhang, but since the Steampunk is slightly rounded on the edges I think a 24.5mm tank will be absolutely perfect. I hope. I love that I can go up to 25mm with no overhang, though, and since the fire button is silver and I have a copper drip tip (which has been cleaned since the picture, lol!) I am perfectly fine with this setup, especially since the Starre Pure coils are my absolute favorite right now. The EUC ceramic coils are my second favorite. I didn't realize the airflow for the iJust S is a band, but I was a little leery of it being bottom air flow. The reviews I read were all positive (no leaking, etc) so I will definitely post about how I like it once it gets here. I am really looking forward to seeing if this mod performs as well in TC as it does in power mode. I hope the finish holds up well because it's my #1 mod and goes everywhere with me these days! :)
copper stuff.PNG

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I'm finally ordering the blackish one, and a Medusa RD(T?)A to top it. I really want matchy-matchy, but I don't think that's gonna happen, unless I can disassemble and paint (gun kote) the metal myself.
I've seen some pretty cool paint jobs people have done themselves, so if gun koting your tank makes it matchy-matchy, I say go for it! :D

Reactions: Foggy Road

Tony80

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
I've seen some pretty cool paint jobs people have done themselves, so if gun koting your tank makes it matchy-matchy, I say go for it! :D
The tank is definitely going to get a color change...nothing fancy, probably just mix black and texas tea and hope for the best...(unless mod is feasible...then who knows???). I meant the mod:thumbs:

Tried to find a disassembly video, and no dice, so might not be possible to get just the metal shell though. I'm not going to try so hard I ruin it.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
The tank is definitely going to get a color change...nothing fancy, probably just mix black and texas tea and hope for the best...(unless mod is feasible...then who knows???). I meant the mod:thumbs:

Tried to find a disassembly video, and no dice, so might not be possible to get just the metal shell though. I'm not going to try so hard I ruin it.
Oh the MOD! I thought you meant the tank! The finish (at least on the copper one) is amazing. You may want to rethink that once you see it, lol! It would definitely be easier to revamp the tank. :D

Reactions: Foggy Road

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
Wish I may wish I might when is a Telsa Nano Steampunk Edition going to be in my sights! I love these Gorgeous MOD's and I hope you all enjoy the heck out of them!
I am truly loving this mod!!! You can get it at Urvapin right now for $43.99 with free shipping and I can't imagine a better deal for a mod of this quality. It looks, feels and performs like a high-end device. Worth every penny and more!

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I am truly loving this mod!!! You can get it at Urvapin right now for $43.99 with free shipping and I can't imagine a better deal for a mod of this quality. It looks, feels and performs like a high-end device. Worth every penny and more!
Absolutely worth the money!
Love mine :)
IMG_20170502_131624_514.JPG

Ompa

May 7, 2017
Maine
This is gettin to me @cooladdict! Somebody please hide my "buy" button!
just be careful these mods like to talk to you. mines curently saying.... you know what woukd be cool is to have 1 of each color, then you just need tanks to match...and dont forget the batteries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread